Job title: Assistant Accountant
Job Family: Finance
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30
You’ll be part of the team responsible for the management of accounts, budgets and reconciliations. Working with the Senior Management accountant, you’ll be responsible for the monthly aviation payment process (BSP) reconciliation and managing and reconciling the company’s bank accounts on a daily basis. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and have a good working knowledge of Excel. This role offers a great opportunity to join a strong finance team and offers professional growth and development.
- Monthly aviation payment process (BSP) reconciliation to the reservation system and accounting system (Microsoft Navision).
- Working with the team to seek continual improvement of the processes.
- Daily bank reconciliations.
- Manage petty cash and travel float expenses and reconcile them on a monthly basis.
- Process month end journals.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support year-end audit process.
- Provide financial information to various budget holders and work with them to ensure understanding of variances and controls.
- Provide support to the Senior Management Accountant and the wider finance team with other ad hoc accounting areas.
Our ideal candidate will be…
- Studying towards AAT.
- Strong in numeracy skills.
- Competent in using various computer systems: Excel skills are essential, though it’s also helpful to have experience of Microsoft Dynamics and a desire to learn other systems.
- Always looking to improve the systems and processes and not to ‘stand still’.
- Strong attention to detail with a right first time approach.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Able to deal with multiple priorities and a busy workload.
- A genuine team player who’ll demonstrate a flexible attitude to help the team deliver and their use own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Keen to learn and enthusiastic.
- Passionate or interested in travel! Travel experience would be advantageous but not essential.
How to apply
If you possess the experience, attitude and passion to make a real difference to our business, then please complete and submit the application form, your CV, current remuneration package and a short summary of why you would like to work for the UK's leading luxury specialist to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details