REPORTS TO: Senior Product Manager for Product
Sales Manager for Sales
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday and 13 Saturdays a year
PURPOSE OF ROLE: To assist the Senior Product Manager in the achievement of cruise financial targets and key performance indicators through effective management of product related information and ensuring that the cruise brand is fit for sale and marketed effectively. Delivery of fast, accurate and enthusiastic service and support within the department and to internal customers is an essential part of the role.
- Manage and maintain all incoming and internal product information in an accurate and timely manner in line with company processes. (Inclusive of supplier contracts, special offers, general information, outlook contacts and financial documents).
- Produce accurate and timely pricing for all online and offline cruise marketing activity.
- Work with Marketing and Aviation to ensure the Inspiring Travel Company has the strongest offers and prices in the marketplace.
- Identify commercially strong offers and opportunities and drive internal and external promotion. Run sales quote reports and contact sales member if offer can be used on a recent quote and log results as part of monthly KPIs.
- Assist the marketing team with supplier queries relating to marketing activity.
- Support the wider sales team (eg Private Clients, Elite Travel Concierge) with contract, offer and product queries, liaising with suppliers as necessary.
- Support the wider sales team on the product element of price matches.
- Organise and implement supplier training to meet business needs/requirements.
- Own the creative promotion of sales incentives, monitoring results and giving feedback to the supplier and the SPM as required.
- Regular contribution of knowledge and inspiration for ITC’s News of the World.
- Work with the digital marketing team to ensure that the cruise section and relevant destination pages of the Inspiring Travel Company website are always up to date with attractive content, including a selection of sailings to include pre/post cruise land itineraries.
- Supply the digital marketing team and agency sales team with content suitable for promotion through social media channels.
- Arrange and implement consumer events in conjunction with cruise partners, including attending the events as required.
- Arrange and implement trade events in conjunction with cruise partners and the agency sales team, including attending the events as required.
- Support agency sales team with cruise product knowledge, including possible joint sales calls as appropriate.
- Deliver expert cruise knowledge and recommendations to direct and trade customers
- Provide personalised service, building rapport with customers, developing loyalty, customer retention and customer recommendations
- Ensure excellent service provided with quick response times, and managing customers expectations well
- Drive revenue and margin performance through strong conversion
- Look for added value opportunities to improve the package and experience for the customer and profit for ITC
- Save, log, process, chase and audit supplier contracts; monitor commission levels, payment terms, booking terms and alert SPM of any significant changes.
- Process special offers & contract amendments.
- Process and write errata, sending to commercial team to load and sales team managers/team leaders to update affected clients.
- Produce weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports (eg. weekly bookings reports, statistical requests from cruise partners)
- Work with Client Services & Concierge department to ensure a robust process is in place for booking dining options and excursions as soon as available for each booking.
- Ensure a log is kept to demonstrate health & safety compliance by cruise partners.
- Arrange cruise Privilege Trips.
- Add information to in-house knowledge bank including notes from privilege trips, supplier training, destination information, resort maps, spa menus, fact sheets etc.
- Work with Dhruv (reservations system) team to maximise the use of this new system to enhance reporting, client information and client documentation for the cruise brand.
- Support and contribute to wider Product team when required due to annual leave, Privilege Trips, large projects etc.
- Support and contribute to ad hoc projects as per business needs.
Product Knowledge & Supplier Relationships
- Attend supplier training, presentations and events to develop knowledge of the luxury travel market and products and create own relationships with our cruise partners.
- Implement supplier events; send reminders to the sales team and liaise with the supplier to confirm numbers, menu choices etc.
- Own the creation of training packs for new starters – useful information on cruise lines and destinations, USPs and online training courses.
- Complete online training programmes to enhance personal product knowledge.
- Develop relationship with suppliers through all contact points.
- Support the SPM with meeting preparation (reports, gather information) as required.
- Attend supplier meetings with the SPM and take forward actions arising from the meetings.
- Support the SPM securing marketing contributions from cruise partners.
- Provide a key point of contact to cruise partners.
- Keep abreast of potential new cruise lines, ships and destinations coming to market and share with SPM.
Planning & Strategy
- Deliver analysis on competitor brochures, direct mail, e-newsletters and website, giving recommendations to SPM.
- Professional and well presented with confident verbal and written communication
- High level of personal organisation and prioritisation of work
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail in all areas of the role
- Excellent numeracy
- Good Microsoft Word & Excel, travel reservation system & Amadeus skills
- Works well under pressure and able to work under own initiative
- Flexible and able to deliver results within agreed deadlines
- Trouble shooter, with a solution-focussed approach
- Good knowledge of the luxury cruise industry
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent at building rapport
- Copy writing
- Represent the values of our company internally and externally
- Demonstrate passion for what you do and your destination areas
- ‘Can do’ attitude, positive and helpful
- Results orientated with focus on high quality and business profit
- Work well under pressure and with flexibility in order to deliver results to agreed deadlines
- React positively to challenges and conflicting priorities and change. Accept a large part of the role cannot be planned and is reactive
- Can win people over with charm and charisma
- Team work – support each other and the business by creating high visibility of your energy and work, across the business
- Wanting to learn and improve – proactively identify skills you can acquire and areas to work on
How to Apply
If you possess the experience, attitude and passion to make a real difference to our business, then please complete and submit the application form, your CV, current remuneration package and a short summary of why you would like to work for the UK's leading luxury specialist to: firstname.lastname@example.org