Reports to: Alex Catton, Head of Sports
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17.30, 1 in 4 Saturdays 09:00 - 15:00
The role of Sports Operations Executive is responsible for the operation of existing and new Sports bookings with the support from Head of Sports and Sports Operations Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: supplier relations, reserving and booking services, supervising logistics of the tour, cost & quality control, providing operational support to our Tour Directors/Managers along with checking and processing supplier payments.
- Day to day administration of FIT and Tour bookings, ensuring all elements of each booking have been confirmed and reported correctly with suppliers (Accommodation, flights, transfers, sightseeing tours, tickets etc).
- Ensuring bookings are invoiced in a timely manner, where possible within 24 hours.
- Creating, populating and updating activity sheets for each tour.
- Responsible for ensuring tours are loaded into back-office management system along with ad-hoc loading for the team.
- Managing allocations according to terms & conditions, sending updates and coordinating invoicing and payment with the accounts department.
- Responsibility for creating the rep pack for tour hosts, including arranging rep hotels, flights, pre-tour payments and post tour queries. Briefing tour leaders before and after tours on the operations of the tour.
- Overseeing all client paperwork and documents are always up to date for a smooth running of the tours; this can include the initial documentation as well as final check.
- Production of weekly figures to ensure awareness around targets and current budget.
- Allocate sales enquiries to the sales team.
- Support admin for document dispatch and timelines.
- Answer incoming sales calls dealing with client/agent queries regarding additional requests, luggage allowances, excursions, whereabouts of travel documents etc.
- Take overflow calls from Sports lines.
- Support Sales with updating CRM where necessary, including relevant information and comprehensive notes in the booking jotter.
- Action and check that cancellations and amendments have been processed correctly by the sales team, ensuring updated invoices are issued.
- Conduct a final pre-departure check on all client booking files to ensure all elements are firmed, accurate and presented correctly, taking appropriate action to correct or firm if necessary.
- General administration including post, faxing, e-mailing, filing and photocopying.
- Liaise with finance and purchase ledger for payment of invoices and ensuring bookings are invoiced in time to pay out to suppliers (including chasing sales staff).
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for the travel and tours industry, with an interest in sports.
- Have experience working for a luxury tour operator and a good knowledge of the travel industry.
- Have strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Have excellent organisation skills and can work well within a fast-paced environment.
- Have a strong eye for detail.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be confident, personable and will go out of their ways to help others.
- Be well-spoken, presentable and professional at all times.
How to Apply
If you possess the experience, attitude and passion to make a real difference to our business, then please complete and submit the application form, your CV, current remuneration package and a short summary of why you would like to work for the UK's leading luxury specialist to: email@example.com