Did you see our travel supplement in The Times on Saturday? If not, fear not, you can read all of our feature content of travel inspiration from those in the know online.
The supplement kicks off with some travel memories from Mariella Frostrup. She discusses ‘what is luxury’ and decides that for her, simplicity is the key; getting back to a place where technology is nowhere to be seen, “away from modern distractions”.
New to our luxury holiday portfolio, is highlighted hotel Pink Sands Club, from the same owners as famed Sandy Lane; while the Grenada Nutmeg Festival is seen as a ‘must do’ while staying at the Spice Island Beach Resort. Also in the Caribbean is our all-singing all-dancing cricket cruise in March aboard the SeaDream – a real ‘trip of a lifetime’ – meanwhile gastronomes will be tempted by the Inspiring Travel Company package to Cobblers Cove, that includes cooking demonstrations by Michael Harrison.
We loved the destinations that The Times had picked for ‘experiences you’ll never forget’:
- Dine in the Uffizi Gallery, Florence
- Stay on your own Maldivian island
- Swim with horses in Jamaica
- Sleep with the fish in Dubai
- Meet F1 drivers in Abu Dhabi
- Paraglide into your hotel in Oman
- A drive in a maharaja’s car in Rajasthan
- Cook in Sri Lanka’s paddy fields
- Submarine sojourn from Sir Richard Branson’s home
- Picnic under the stars in Tenerife
- See Australia’s outback by chopper
- Meet Heston on the ski slopes
- Play golf with Sir Garry Sobers in Barbados
- Snorkel Grenada’s underwater sculptures
- Deep-sea fishing in Antigua
While some fabulous family holiday suggestions included New Zealand, Cyprus’s Almyra Hotel, Greece’s Sani Resort, Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, Relais & Chateaux at the Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, the Caribbean’s Buccament Bay Resort and finally Borgo Egnazia in Puglia.
Or if sport is your thing, the supplement also has some enticing fixtures from our ITC Sports portfolio this year.