Landlocked and covered mostly by arid Kalahari desert, it's one of Mother Nature's most brilliant paradoxes that sees luxury Botswana holidays play host to the remarkable phenomenon of the Okavango Delta, a wondrous wetland that receives its waters from rainfall over 1,000 kilometres away and sustains a huge diversity of flora and fauna.
In the north-east, the Chobe and Linyanti Reserves are renowned for their predators and large concentrations of game. Tourism has been designed very deliberately as high quality, low volume, in order to create a sustainable luxury holiday industry while preserving the environment. The result; an exceptional safari experience.
Where to stay in Botswana
In the north of the country you’ll find its most luxurious new offering in the shape of the Zarafa Dhow Suites; located in the Selinda Reserve with their own private swimming pool, private chef, guide and game vehicle.
If one-off experiences are what you’re looking for on your African safari then Abu Camp is for you. Riding and walking with an elephant herd and sleeping out under the night sky on a ‘Star Bed’ are just some of the incredible activities you can take part in here.
If witnessing the mightiest of Africa’s wildlife - the lion - is what you’re hoping to see on your tour of Africa, then Duba Plains is the luxurious setting for you to base yourself. Located in a remote region with a strong conservation ethos, it’s renowned for its excellent sightings of the creatures. Belmond Eagle Island Lodge offers guests a helicopter permanently on site for wilderness exploring by air and the unique location of being set deep within the lush waterways of the Okavango Delta.
- Sundowner cruises in luxury custom built boats
- Opportunity to do night drives and walks
- with the biggest population of elephants in Chobe but also here at the elephant trust at Stanley's
- Spend a night under the stars in the wilderness
- Chobe National Park has the highest population of elephants in Africa
- Wildlife-rich reserve ideal for spotting the 'Big Five'
- Discover the waterways of the pristine Okavango Delta in a traditional Mokoro canoe
- Watch how the scenery changes as you pass through these beautiful areas
- Some of the best wildlife viewing is in the Hwange national park
- Your hotel is in a prime location to take in this amazing sight
- Spend two nights on the Chobe River watching game at your leisure
- Visit the highlights of Cape Town, Table Mountain, Cape Point, Robben Island and the winelands
- Take a guided walk to view the falls or chose to see them by helicopter either way its an amazing sight
- Stay in the Okavango Delta for some prime wildlife viewing
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details