‘A World in One Country’ is how you’ll hear South Africa described; a fitting tribute for a place brimming with exceptional wonders.
Gourmet cuisine and excellent wines are prevalent throughout the country but undoubtedly one of the most specialist spots is the Winelands region, with its world-renowned vineyards and fine dining, country house hotels.
Head less than two hours drive from Cape Town during your South Africa holiday and you can be in the picturesque region of Hermanus for some of the best land-based whale-watching in the world, while a trip east to the Garden Route should certainly be on your ‘must-see’ list too; an abundance of forests, lakes, rivers and mountains that plunge to meet the coast. Port Elizabeth, at the eastern end of the Garden Route, is the gateway to several malaria-free game reserves, perfect if you have young children in tow.
Then there is Cape Town itself; a cosmopolitan city of slick restaurants and trendy bars with the imposing Table Mountain as its backdrop. A perfect destination to escape any January winter blues, here you can pay tribute to the life of Nelson Mandela and others at Robben Island or peruse the jetties of the Victoria & Albert Waterfront.
It’s here that you’ll find our Cape Town office, run by our long-standing South African Destination Manager Richard Nurse. By having someone so knowledgeable ‘on the ground’, we can ensure your Africa experience is enhanced by the kind of personal insight and genuine passion that only comes from having lived and breathed in a region.
Alongside our very well-travelled specialists in the UK, we’ll be able to honestly recommend all the elements that will make your luxury South African holiday exceptional.
Why take a luxury holiday to South Africa?
Put simply, why not? There is so much to see and do here and at the Inspiring Travel Company, we pride ourselves on our knowledge of the region, meaning that we can create a luxury holiday for you which is completely made-to-measure and with you, solely, in mind.
- A couple wanting to while away a few weeks relaxing,
- A family in need of some quality, active, time together or
- A retiree yearning for pristine golf courses and sumptuous dining;
We’ll create the South African holiday you’re looking for.
Most journeys to the country begin and end in Cape Town; the ideal bookends for any trip here. Relax in comfort in the ‘Mother City’ before venturing further into the realms of adventure; from some of the finest wineries in the world, to experience both land and ocean’s ‘Big Fives’ up close.
- Discover the fantastic wines in the winelands or go up table mountain
- Enjoy your big five safari in a non malarial game reserve in the waterburg
- Enjoy the pristine beaches at Paradise cove with your luxurious room
- Stay in one of only 6 tented chalets at this lodge
- The Makalali reserve is rich in diverse game making your game viewing experience very rewarding
- Enjoy peace and tranquility in Mauritius at Paradise Cove - perfect for couples or honeymoons
- perfectly situated in the heart of the game rich Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- This beautiful hotel will take care of all of you needs from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave
- This beautiful lodge offers you amazing game viewing in their luxury rooms
- Nearby attractions include Blyde River Canyon, God's Window and three rondavels
- Enjoy the many activities available at your five star resort, golf, spa or watersport
- The Taj Hotel in Cape Town is centrally situated to take in the city and see all of the highlights of Cape Town
- Whale watching is between July and November and can be done from Plettenberg
- Also a non malarial reserve, Shamwari offers superb big five game viewing in luxury
- Visit Table Mountain, Cape Point, Winelands, Robben Island and the Penguins of Boulders Beach
- Amazing views over table mountain and the waterfront depending on room type
- Eagle's crag lodge has uninterrupted views over the surrounding rock faces and eagles that soar through
- Discover Kirstenbosch gardens, Table Mountain and the winelands - an easy drive from the Cape Cadogan
- Lion Sands River Lodge is superb for game viewing as it is in the Sabi Sand game reserve
- Enjoy the ultimate South African adventure by combining a stay at Sir Richard Branson’s Ulusaba Private Game Reserve with a break at the luxurious Mon...
- Watch how the scenery changes as you pass through these beautiful areas
- Some of the best wildlife viewing is in the Hwange national park
- Your hotel is in a prime location to take in this amazing sight
- Spend two nights on the Chobe River watching game at your leisure
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details