Safari holidays to Kruger offer the quintessential African experience, the chance see the legendary ‘big 5’ and soak up the silence of the African wilderness. Few experiences will top the first time you come face to face with an Elephant or hear a Big Cat roar. With the wide the variety of accommodation on offer, holidays to Kruger National Park are available for every budget and interest.
The Kruger National park is an area managed by the South African National Parks, accommodation within Kruger National Park is limited to simpler rest stops. Many visitors choose to stay in hotels close to the park entrance and take day trips, or self drive into Kruger. This offers an excellent value for money safari with high changes of seeing the ‘big 5’ and an unforgettable African wilderness experience.
The Greater Kruger Park incorporates the large area of land on the Western edge of the park which consists mainly of privately owed game reserves, generally there are no fences between the private land and Kruger and the reserves are given over to conservation. The private reserves are home to top end safari lodges which offer every imaginable comfort and convenience. Game drives are lead by highly trained rangers and trackers who have exceptional knowledge of the wildlife in the area. Additionally on private game reserves the Vehicles are permitted to drive off road if tracking one of the ‘big 5’. Driving off road dramatically increases your chances of spotting more elusive wildlife and often allows you to get much closer to the animals than would otherwise be possible.
Neighbouring Kruger to the west, in Mapumalanga, is the Lowveld escarpment, which offers breathtaking scenery and small historical gold rush towns. Highlights include the Blyde River Canyon, God’s window viewpoint, numerous scenic mountain passes and the quaint museum town of Pilgrims Rest. Other towns in the area such as Hazyview and White River make an excellent base to explore the area and to take day trips into Kruger National Park.
- Stay in one of only 6 tented chalets at this lodge
- The Makalali reserve is rich in diverse game making your game viewing experience very rewarding
- Enjoy peace and tranquility in Mauritius at Paradise Cove - perfect for couples or honeymoons
- perfectly situated in the heart of the game rich Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- This beautiful hotel will take care of all of you needs from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave
- This beautiful lodge offers you amazing game viewing in their luxury rooms
- Nearby attractions include Blyde River Canyon, God's Window and three rondavels
- Enjoy the many activities available at your five star resort, golf, spa or watersport
- Discover Kirstenbosch gardens, Table Mountain and the winelands - an easy drive from the Cape Cadogan
- Lion Sands River Lodge is superb for game viewing as it is in the Sabi Sand game reserve
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details