Discover Our Luxury Holidays to Asia
With a luxury holiday to Asia, there's plenty to discover and experience. Be immersed in the hubbub of exciting cities, or journey to the heart of the jungle to seek out hidden temples. Unwind in some of the world’s most luxurious spas, or get to know the diverse, authentic culture. From relaxing on tropical beaches to spotting tigers and elephants roaming in the wild, this sprawling continent promises unforgettable memories at every turn.
Our Luxury Holiday Destinations in Asia
If you aren’t sure which of our luxury destinations in Asia you want to discover next, take a look at our most popular countries and islands. From the endless beaches of Thailand, to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, be inspired by these incredible Asian holidays.
- Thailand is a magical destination. Thriving cities give way to lush jungles and golden beaches, where you can seek out temples, meet gentle elephants, taste vibrant cuisine or go island-hopping.
- After experiencing the buzz of Malaysia’s cities, you can head Borneo’s jungles to see orangutans and escape to the pristine beaches of Langkawi. The perfect adventure for both couples and families.
Allow us to tailor-make your perfect Asia luxury holiday
Asia is a diverse destination that appeals to so many different types of traveller. While some people want to completely escape to their own idyllic island, others want to explore every aspect of the continent’s rich history, culture and landscape.
With so many options available, we know that a luxury holiday in Asia means something different to everyone. To help you find exactly what you’re looking for, our Travel Specialists are on-hand to share their expertise and first-hand knowledge. Whether you want your own tailor-made bespoke itinerary, or are looking for the perfect luxury resort, 5-star hotel or villa hideaway, we’ll take the time to listen. Sharing our expert recommendations along the way, you can trust us to create your Asia holiday, exactly how you want it.
Our Top Tours for a Luxury Asian Holiday
Whether you want to combine the idyllic beaches of Phuket with the buzz of Bangkok, head out in search of incredible wildlife, or take a cultural journey through south east Asia, we can tailor a tour for you. Take a look at some of our most popular itineraries or speak to our Travel Specialists to create yours.
Discover Thailand's Cultural Highlights plus Samui
- Bangkok’s intricate temples, vibrant flower market and impressive Grand Palace
- Thailand-Burma Railway Museum & the Bridge over the River Kwai
- Tuk tuk tour to explore the majestic ruins of former capital of the Kingdom of Siam, Ayutthaya
- Chiang Mai’s colourful markets and sample Thai delicacies at one of its street food stalls
Thailand Elephant Safari & Beach Retreat
- Get up close and help to feed the elephants
- Take a jungle river canoe trip down the Sok River
- Go on a jungle trek and enjoy lunch served in the rainforest
- Choose the gorgeous beach, beautiful pool or pampering Spa for wonderful relaxation
Borneo Eco Trail
- Visit the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre for the morning orang utan feeding
- Look for Borneo's iconic Proboscis monkey, orangutans or pygmy elephants
- Take a dip in the hot sulphur baths
- Enjoy a cyclo tour of Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Visit the spectacular Imperial Citadel
- Admire the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge
- Explore the amazing Cu Chi Tunnels
Indochina Heritage Road
- Visit the impressive Pak Ou Caves carved out of a limestone cliff with Buddha images
- Explore Hanoi's Old Quarter on a guided walking tour
- Discover the charming ancient town of Hoi An with your guide
- Witness the sunset from the historic and scenic Angkor Wat
- So much to see including Nijo Castle, Fushimi Inari Shrine, and Togetsukyo Bridge
- Explore Itsukushima shrine and admire the iconic floating Torii gate
- Take a ride on the amazing Bullet train from Kyoto to Tokyo
- Experience a traditional tea ceremony
- Visit some of the sites including China Town and Central Market
- Take a guided night jungle walk
- Learn all about tea and how its made
- Enjoy a culinary-historical adventure to savour the best Ipoh has to offer
Cambodia in Style
- Take a city tour in a typical cyclo visiting Wat Phnom, the National Museum and the Royal Palace
- Visit Angkor Wat at sunrise for an unforgettable view of the temples
- Learn the art of Khmer cooking with a Royal Khmer Cuisine Cooking Class
Taj Mahal, Palaces and Backwaters
- Enjoy the contrast of the old and new in Delhi on a guided tour
- Take stunning sunset photos from the beautiful Taj Mahal in Agra
- Witness a Kathakali dance performance in Fort Cochin
- Cruise through the beautiful maze of the backwaters of Allepey
Top Luxury Hotels & Resorts in Asia
Renowned for their exceptional level of service, our top hotels and resorts in Asia include some of the most iconic names and locations. From luxury beachfront retreats to grand city hotels in the heart of the action, discover some of our most popular places to stay for your holiday.
- Home to Phuket's only Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Trisara’s creative production team DDEN enables guests to capture their holiday stories in novel digital formats.
- Jara Spa: discover an unusual walking meditation practised by Buddhist monks or enjoy a Thai thermal massage.
- Your dedicated resort host will take you to meet some of Phuket Old Town’s interesting personalities.
- Stunning 2 to 7 bedroom pool residences, perfect for families.
The Datai Langkawi
- Set in pristine 10 million-year old rainforest next to the gorgeous Datai Bay beach.
- Take a rainforest and beach walk with one of the resident naturalists and marine biologists.
- Bathe beneath a cascading waterfall in one of the resort’s natural pools.
- The award-winning Ernie Els 18-hole, par-72 golf course is 5 minutes away.
- 5 Spa treatment villas are situated along a winding stream, within the secluded rainforest.
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
- Sheltered in a calm bay along three miles of beach, the resort channels an authentic Balinese village.
- Signature experiences include onsite Cooking Academy, a curative journey at The Healing Village Spa, surf school, and fun at the kids club.
- Sundara Beach Club, home of Bali’s longest Sunday brunch, sun-loungers, unlimited tapas and live acoustics.
- Kids are well catered for with Jimba Kids Club, family surfing lessons, beach toys, cultural activities and outdoor pools.
- Guests can experience authentic Balinese crafts and practices in the resort’s cultural centre.
Six Senses Yao Noi
- Set in Thailand's Phang Nga Bay with its famous rock outcrops, the resort boasts 56 villas with infinity pools.
- Divers have the opportunity to gain wreck dive experience and see a whole host of under sea life.
- Learn Muy Thay, the traditional Thai boxing martial art.
- Journey out on a long-tail boat and savour amazing dining options including sunrise breakfast cruise and sunset castaway cocktails.
- Pamper yourself and relax at the Six Senses Spa Village nestled in the lush tropical hillside of the resort.
Elephant Hills Jungle Safari
- We recommend staying 1 night at the jungle camp and 1 night at the lake camp for elephants, amazing flora and fauna and trekking.
- Brilliant experience. Elephant interaction includes walking with them, preparing their food and feeding them.
- Comfortable luxury tents with proper bathrooms.
- Everything is included; accommodation, transfers, activities and all meals.
- Just as popular with couples and honeymooners as it is with children and families.
Song Saa Private Island
- Located in the Koh Rong Islands, Song Saa Private Island is home to virgin rainforest, a private beach and tropical reefs.
- Eco-friendly, barefoot luxury resort with over water, ocean view and jungle view villas, each has a private pool.
- Lovely All-Inclusive option here includes meals, drinks, transfers, mini-bar, non-motorised watersports, village excursion and a massage.
- Lots of activities including snorkelling, windsurfing, paddle boarding, sunset movies, yoga and a Buddhist ceremony with monks’ blessings
- Song Saa Foundation: Huge focus on conservation, the natural environment and supporting the local community.
Nihi Sumba Island
- Remote beach resort with 28 villas located along the dramatic coastline of Sumba Island
- Premier surfing destination with lessons and time slots available on the reef’s left-hand break
- Take a sunrise or sunset horse ride on the beach from the private stables
- Unmissable day-long wellness experiences at the stunning Nihioka Spa Safari
- Children will love making their own treats at the resort’s chocolate factory
Gaya Island Resort
- Popular experiences include a private beach barbeque, sunset cruise cocktails, an interactive cooking class, and snorkelling safaris.
- Families of proboscis monkeys live on Gaya Island and you may be lucky enough to spot one and other wildlife too.
- Discover the local flora and fauna on a nature walk with the resort’s resident Naturalist.
- Visit the resort’s Marine Centre, and learn how they have rescued green sea turtles and are rejuvenating the reefs with their coral nursery.
- Set amidst lush mangroves, Spa Village Gaya Island is a tranquil hideaway and the treatments utilise only the finest fresh local ingredients.
- The hotel has been completely refurbished and work was completed in May 2017.
- The hotel is surrounded by 15 acres of botanical gardens and rooms are located in 3 distinctive wings each with its own unique style.
- There are lots of shopping choices nearby from small boutiques, stalls and antique shops to the famous Orchard Road.
- The facilities are vast with outdoor pool, tennis courts, state of the art gym, Spa and 11 dining options.
- The Tower Wing has a dedicated floor for Family rooms and interconnecting options and there is a kids club.
Six Senses Con Dao
- Beautiful setting in a protected national and marine park, a 45 minute flight from Ho Chi Minh.
- Offering from one, up to four bedrooms, all 50 villas are extremely spacious with infinity pools and ocean front villas are right on the beach.
- If staying at the right time, you may see turtle hatchlings being released from the resort’s mile long, golden sand beach.
- Wonderful experiences to enjoy including Jungle movies, picnic on the beach, sunset cocktails, cooking classes and fishing trips.
- Six Senses Spa is surrounded by tropical gardens and has treatment rooms, an outdoor Yoga and meditation pavilion and a fitness centre.
Our Asian Luxury Holiday Highlights
With incredible landscapes, fascinating history, unique culture, and a huge volume of iconic sights to explore, Asia has something for every traveller. Known for its stunning temples, such as Angkor Wat and the Taj Mahal, the sprawling Asian continent is also celebrated for its pristine beaches, bustling cities, world renowned spas, flavour-packed food and so much more.
Asia is a patchwork of incredible landscapes, each providing a more breathtaking panorama than the last. You’ll find enchanting lakes, waterfalls and rivers meandering through verdant tropical jungle, sprawling rice paddies and epic mountain peaks, like immense Mount Fuji.
If sun and sand is more to your taste, then the beaches in Thailand, Bali and Vietnam are amongst the best in the world and host soft sands and azure waters. The Mekong River flows through China, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam, making a river cruise down this storied waterway the perfect opportunity to see more Asian nations and landscapes. On your journey, you’ll pass through lush jungle and tropical greenery teeming with wildlife, and have the opportunity to dock in incredible cities.
Asia's White Sand Beaches
The beaches in Asia attract sun-seekers from all over the world. On an Asia beach holiday, you’ll find pristine sands, stunning seas and enough high-octane watersports to keep thrill-seekers occupied.
There's also a host of incredible diving opportunities and the coral reef found in Cambodia, Singapore, Taiwan, the Philippines, Vietnam, China, and Indonesia is stunning. A trip to any stretch of Asian coast has its own set of delights.
Pink Beach in Indonesia is famous for its unique pink sands, Cát Bà Island in Vietnam and Miyako Island in Japan are ringed with picturesque coastline and offer enchanting panoramic views, while Goa in India has some of longest sun-kissed beaches in Asia. You’ll also find turquoise seas and golden sand in Koh Samui in Thailand, Borneo in Malaysia, and Kuta in Bali.
Asia's Thrilling Adventures
An Asia luxury holiday offers some thrilling adventures. In Japan, epic Mount Fuji is desperate to be climbed, and you could even explore the stunning landscapes from a unique perspective on a four-wheel drive or helicopter tour. Then in China there is so much history to experience and a walk along amongst the iconic temples are a must.
Or, why not hire a kayak and explore some of the incredible waterways under your own steam? For a more laid back approach to exploration, the Maharajas’ Express offers a once-in-a-lifetime train journey across India’s captivating landscapes. There are also plenty of opportunities to get closer to beautiful Asian wildlife, whether you spend time with majestic elephants in Thailand’s southern jungles or meet the inquisitive orangutans in Borneo’s rainforests.
Asia's Sacred Spaces and Ancient Wonders
Asia is home to more breathtaking sacred spaces and ancient temples than anywhere else in the world. These incredible temples represent thousands of years of history and display several entirely unique architectural styles.
Cambodia is a nation of temples, with massive Angkor Wat being the most famous. Bayon Temple is well worth a visit too and has 200 incredibly well carved giant smiling faces to explore. Luang Prabang in Laos is also home to a variety of Buddhist temples including Wat Xiengthong, a culturally important monastery with an iconic layered sloping roof. Thailand’s Wat Rong Khun, known as the white temple, is also highly recommended, as are the towering Senso-ji, the oldest and most famous temple in Tokyo, and White Horse Temple in Luoyang, China.
Tantalizing street food in Hong Kong, spicy and fragrant curries in India, and authentic chow mien in China. What do they all have in common? Incredible flavors that have to be tasted in their native countries to be truly experienced.
Asian food has made a significant mark on today’s global palate, but nothing could beat the real thing, cooked by experts, fresh from the wok. An Asian food tour is the stuff of legend, and you could find yourself exploring the food markets of Thailand, the French-infused fare of Vietnam and the delightful sushi bars of Japan. Expect plenty of noodles, sticky rice, spring rolls and delicious meats - just don’t forget your chopsticks! Why not bring some skills home with you and ask our Travel Specialists about arranging some authentic Asian cooking lessons?
Find out more in our blog...
10 Jaw-Dropping Millionaire Holiday Hideaways
Since so many holidays have been cancelled or postponed lately, your next trip may as well be a big...Tom - July, 2021
Back to School! Learning Experiences Around the World
Schools have been in the news a lot recently. All controversy aside, getting the kids learning agai...Nick - July, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - July, 2021