Cambodia is simply enchanting and walking around Angkor Wat as the mornings’ haze disperses is truly magical!
The history of Cambodia is both inspiring and intoxicating and yet tinged with darkness.
A luxury Cambodia holiday presents visitors with a heady mix of culture and natural wonder to create the ideal luxury tours and incredible hotels to boot.
The country offers travellers with such monuments as the Prasat Preah Vihear, a mountain temple of breathtaking beauty and majesty as well as Koh Ker the 10th century capital as well as the world's largest religious building, the mighty Angkor Wat.
Don't miss a visit to the capital city of Cambodia, Phnom Penh and whilst their visit the spectacular Royal Palace and the Silver Pagoda. A darker side of this cities history is a visit to the S 21 Detention Centre where thousands were imprisoned, tortured and killed by the Khmer Rouge, this centre demonstrates the cities not so distant past.
While you are in Phnom Penh we recommend a visit to the Russian Markets and for the very adventurous a trip across the city on a motorbike. In the evening take a trip into Chinatown for some local cuisine and a tuk-tuk ride through the heart of the city finished off with a visit to the night market on the waterfront and you'll know you're in Cambodia!
Three sites every visitor to the Cambodian capital should experience are the Royal Palace, National Museum and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. The Silver Pagoda is located within the compound of the Royal Palace; its floor made up of 5,329 silver tiles. At the National Museum, where the artefacts date back to the 7th century, you’ll glean an extensive history of the country, while the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek will provide a much more recent insight into Cambodia’s troubled past.
Angkor Wat should be on every intrepid traveller’s bucket list, and those who have been before say it is best enjoyed at sunrise. It is one of the most important architectural sites in south-east Asia and UNESCO protection ensures it will remain just as magnificent for years to come. Ta Prohm - the famed set location of Tomb Raider - is also nearby.
- Discover the sights of Phnom Penh in a traditional cyclo
- Explore the temples including Bayon Temple with its 216 faces carved out of the rock
- Take a boat to the Cai Be floating market and cruise on to Dong Hoa Hiep Island
- Spend the night on board a Junk amongst the stunning karst formations of Halong Bay
- Learn Cambodia's turbulent history on a guided tour in Phnom Penh
- Take a historic walk around the ancient city of Angkor Thom
- Take a boat trip through Tonle Sap Lake pass floating houses and mangrove forests
- Relax by the beach of Hua Hin
- Take a city tour in a typical cyclo visiting Wat Phnom, the National Museum and the Royal Palace
- Visit Angkor Wat at sunrise for an unforgettable view of the temples
- Learn the art of Khmer cooking with a Royal Khmer Cuisine Cooking Class
- Sail along the Mekong River aboard the luxurious Aqua Mekong
- Explore the riverine island of Gieng Islet on foot or a cycle
- Visit a local village and witness the weavers at work before crossing the Vinh Xuong Border
- See some of the remote fishing villages around Tonle Sap Lake
Amansara has a rich history of welcoming distinguished guests from all walks of life, from royalty to modern day film stars, and it’s no wonder why. With the relaxed, intimate feel of a boutique hotel, an uncomplicated design encourages you to adopt an almost meditative state as soon as you arrive. Spread over a single-story complex, each guestroom is beautifully simple, pools glisten and gently r...
- Visit the impressive Pak Ou Caves carved out of a limestone cliff with Buddha images
- Explore Hanoi's Old Quarter on a guided walking tour
- Discover the charming ancient town of Hoi An with your guide
- Witness the sunset from the historic and scenic Angkor Wat
In unspoilt natural surroundings, the 4 Rivers Floating Lodge offers the ultimate peaceful getaway, in the ancient forests of Cambodia. Located near the Thai border, 20 minutes drive from Koh Kong City, the village of Tatai is where you will jump on one of the resorts boats that take you to the lodge, approximately a 25 minute journey down the river. The 4 Rivers Floating Lodge boasts 12 safari ...
A distinguished hotel group whose very name is synonymous with upscale experiences, Raffles hits all the high notes when it comes to its eminent Phnom Penh property. Raffles Hotel Le Royal lies between the tall trees and government buildings of a smart city district, where an air of tranquillity reigns supreme, allowing guests to disconnect from the chaos of this great Cambodian city. It may sound...
Amanjaya Pancam Hotel boasts an ideal location in the centre of Phnom Penh, overlooking the meeting point of the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers, within walking distance of the Royal Palace and National Museum. Perfect for an early evening stroll along the atmospheric Sisowath Quay to one of the nearby restaurants for dinner. The 21 Suites are traditional in style and decor, floored and furnished w...
With its centenary fast approaching, the iconic Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor is very much part of the history and scenery of Siem Reap. The hotel is a commanding sight as you draw near, oozing an air of refined luxury that continues as you step through the impressive entrance and into the lobby. Styled in an eclectic manner, much like Siem Reap itself, Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor proudly showcase...
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details