The history of Cambodia is both inspiring and intoxicating and yet tinged with darkness.
A luxury Cambodia holiday presents visitors with a heady mix of culture and natural wonder to create the ideal luxury tours and incredible hotels to boot.
The country offers travellers with such monuments as the Prasat Preah Vihear, a mountain temple of breathtaking beauty and majesty as well as Koh Ker the 10th century capital as well as the world's largest religious building, the mighty Angkor Wat.
Don't miss a visit to the capital city of Cambodia, Phnom Penh and whilst their visit the spectacular Royal Palace and the Silver Pagoda. A darker side of this cities history is a visit to the S 21 Detention Centre where thousands were imprisoned, tortured and killed by the Khmer Rouge, this centre demonstrates the cities not so distant past.
While you are in Phnom Penh we recommend a visit to the Russian Markets and for the very adventurous a trip across the city on a motorbike. In the evening take a trip into Chinatown for some local cuisine and a tuk-tuk ride through the heart of the city finished off with a visit to the night market on the waterfront and you'll know you're in Cambodia!
Three sites every visitor to the Cambodian capital should experience are the Royal Palace, National Museum and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. The Silver Pagoda is located within the compound of the Royal Palace; its floor made up of 5,329 silver tiles. At the National Museum, where the artefacts date back to the 7th century, you’ll glean an extensive history of the country, while the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek will provide a much more recent insight into Cambodia’s troubled past.
Angkor Wat should be on every intrepid traveller’s bucket list, and those who have been before say it is best enjoyed at sunrise. It is one of the most important architectural sites in south-east Asia and UNESCO protection ensures it will remain just as magnificent for years to come. Ta Prohm - the famed set location of Tomb Raider - is also nearby.
- Discover the sights of Phnom Penh in a traditional cyclo
- Explore the temples including Bayon Temple with its 216 faces carved out of the rock
- Take a boat to the Cai Be floating market and cruise on to Dong Hoa Hiep Island
- Spend the night on board a Junk amongst the stunning karst formations of Halong Bay
- Learn Cambodia's turbulent history on a guided tour in Phnom Penh
- Take a historic walk around the ancient city of Angkor Thom
- Take a boat trip through Tonle Sap Lake pass floating houses and mangrove forests
- Relax by the beach of Hua Hin
- Take a city tour in a typical cyclo visiting Wat Phnom, the National Museum and the Royal Palace
- Visit Angkor Wat at sunrise for an unforgettable view of the temples
- Learn the art of Khmer cooking with a Royal Khmer Cuisine Cooking Class
- Sail along the Mekong River aboard the luxurious Aqua Mekong
- Explore the riverine island of Gieng Islet on foot or a cycle
- Visit a local village and witness the weavers at work before crossing the Vinh Xuong Border
- See some of the remote fishing villages around Tonle Sap Lake
- Interact with the locals during a traditional game of petanque in Luang Prabang
- Enjoy some free time at the breathtaking Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Witness Khmer cultural dance by the riverside of Phnom Penh
- Explore the beautiful ancient temple complex of Angkor Wat
- Enjoy a welcome dinner at Phnom Penh's top restaurant serving authentic Khmer cuisine
- Have a traditional lunch in one of the picnic huts at the foot of Oudong Mountain
- Watch a traditional Apsara dance performance during your dinner at Raffles Hotel in Siem Reap
- Join a cooking class and learn how to combine local spices at a beautiful countryside home
- Marvel at the ancient stone city of Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world
- Walk back in time as you explore Bagan's beautiful temples, ancient ruins, pagodas and stupas
- Discover the vast and serene Inle Lake with a chance to stop at one of its stilt-house villages to observe local life
- Visit some of Yangon's highlights which include a visit to Modern Tea Shop for a cuppa
- Visit the impressive Pak Ou Caves carved out of a limestone cliff with Buddha images
- Explore Hanoi's Old Quarter on a guided walking tour
- Discover the charming ancient town of Hoi An with your guide
- Witness the sunset from the historic and scenic Angkor Wat
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details