A Far East-Asian nation comprised of nearly 7,000 islands, Japan evokes a beguiling blend of images and icons as a result, but nothing compares to visiting the country first-hand.
Marooned from the rest of the world for centuries, its culture evolved with few external influences, which is part of the reason why Japan is such a unique and intriguing travel destination today.
There is no better time than now to visit Japan.
Visiting Japan on a luxury holiday is an unforgettable experience, packed with an enticing melange of private sightseeing tours, fine food, peaceful nature excursions and experiential activities that delve into Japanese culture.
You can easily hop from one city to the next on the famous bullet train, leaving exactly on the minute as is typical of Japanese punctuality, and soak up the verdant scenery along the way.
Japan is renowned for its distinctive seasons, with the dreamy cherry blossom taking centre stage in spring, and vibrant red and gold hues illuminating the landscapes come autumn. From the snow-covered mountains of Hokkaido in the north to the tropical seas and beaches of Okinawa in the south, Japan’s scenery is as diverse as its culture. In fact, it’s no cliché to say that you can marvel at a Shinto shrine one minute, then frenzied shopping streets the next, as the country’s dichotomy of modern and ancient is part of its allure.
ITC can arrange a fully personalised holiday to Japan for you, based on your tastes and interests, using our first-hand knowledge of this extraordinary country.
Whether you want to stay in a traditional Japanese ryokan, or a super slick city skyscraper, perhaps a bit of both; we’ll ensure that every detail is tailored just for you.
- So much to see including Nijo Castle, Fushimi Inari Shrine, and Togetsukyo Bridge
- Explore Itsukushima shrine and admire the iconic floating Torii gate
- Take a ride on the amazing Bullet train from Kyoto to Tokyo
- Experience a traditional tea ceremony
- Explore the Sensoji Temple and the Meiji Shrine in Tokyo
- Indulge in a gourmet Japanese Kaiseki dinner during your stay at a ryokan
- Discover “Shodo”, the art of Japanese calligraphy
- Be entertained by a Geisha or Maiko at a special dinner
- Experience a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony.
- Experience being a samurai warrior and learn the basics of Kenbu.
- Visit the iconic Fushimi Inari Shrine with its 10,000 red torii gates.
- Experience the speed of the iconic Bullet Train.
- Explore the contrasting shopping streets of Nakamise and Omotesando in Tokyo
- Take a boat ride on volcanic Lake Ashi and hopefully catch a glimpse of Mount Fuji
- Discover the breath-taking beauty of Kanazawa’s Kenrokuen Garden
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage listed Shirakawago village with its ‘praying hands’ rooftops
- See both sides of old and modern Tokyo
- Visit the stunning “floating Torii gate” at Miyajima Island
- Listen to the ‘chirping’ nightingale floors as you walk through Nijo Castle
- Experience a traditional Japanese tea ceremony with a professional instructor
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details