With floating markets, busy waterways, majestic Buddhist temples and towering sky-scrapers, Bangkok is a thrilling assault on the senses and a 'must see' for any dedicated traveller.
A city of contrasts, Bangkok is where temples mingle with buzzing bars, traditional markets and the bright lights of city shopping malls. Whether you flit through the streets by tuk-tuk or cruise around them in a flash Mercedes, you’ll experience old and new in every corner of this vibrant capital.
Bangkok is known in Thai as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, which means ‘city of angels’. It’s true enough, as you won’t meet nicer people anywhere. Hop aboard a boat and float through the markets to pick up weird and wonderful souvenirs. You’ll be mesmerised by the smells and tastes of Bangkok’s street food, arguably the finest in the world.
Temples in Bangkok go beyond opulence with their gold leaf spires and intricate decorations. We will take you through some of the most beautiful man-made structures on the planet on our Temple Tour. You’ll visit the Grand Palace where the Temple of the Emerald Buddha lies, the most sacred temple in Thailand. At Wat Po, you can marvel at the world’s largest reclining Buddha, or gaze at the huge Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn), that stands on the Chao Phraya river.
The Patpong night market is the best way to get an authentically Thai shopping experience, and what’s more, you’re unlikely to get pestered by the sellers. A trip on a ‘James Bond’ boat along the Chao Praya will give you a real sense of local life, while for some essential luxury and wow factor a meal at the Banyan Tree’s Vertigo Restaurant will be something you won’t forget in a hurry.
- Learn Cambodia's turbulent history on a guided tour in Phnom Penh
- Take a historic walk around the ancient city of Angkor Thom
- Take a boat trip through Tonle Sap Lake pass floating houses and mangrove forests
- Relax by the beach of Hua Hin
Set right in the heart of the city on South Sathon Road, this hotel offers 327 rooms each boasting mesmerising cityscape views. Designed for both business travellers and tourists alike, a stay here means you are never too far from the city’s main attractions. Each room conforms to an earthy colour palette utilising deep reds, browns, golds and beige. The large floor-to-ceiling windows allow its g...
Overlooking the Chao Phraya River Mandarin Oriental Bangkok's trademark is excellent service. Away from the hectic city, submerge yourself in the spa where you can request a room for two and enjoy treatments with a loved one. Relax by the pool amidst lush tropical gardens or maybe in The Bamboo Bar with live jazz. Sample the exotic flavours of Thai, French and Chinese cuisine and then purge excess...
Towering above the banks of the Chao Phraya River, the majestic architecture of this luxury Bangkok hotel is a statement of intent, communicating an uncompromising commitment to both Thai heritage and unrelenting luxury. Every elegantly-appointed room and suite boasts stunning views of the river and city beyond, offering guests the opportunity to take in the vastness and electricity of Bangkok fro...
Perfectly placed for enjoying the best of this fine city, yet offering a peaceful enclave to relax at the end of a day’s sightseeing, this award-winning urban resort on the banks of the Chao Phraya River is a superb base for your stay in Bangkok. Owned by the Sukosol family - a dynasty of icons in the music industry in Thailand known as ‘the musical hoteliers’ - the spacious design has been create...
- Visit a market and select your ingredients before you try your hand at cooking
- Sample delicious delights such as dim sum, Hokkien noodles and Khao Kaeng
- Enjoy a lunch of Khao Soy, a noodle soup, after visiting some of Chiang Mai's important temples
- Explore the Royal Grand Palace and admire the famous Buddha statue at Wat Pho
The Rosewood Bangkok is certainly striking to look at, with its cutting-edge architecture of angled glass and tree-lined balconies connecting two uniquely shaped buildings, right in the city’s central business district and not lacking in onsite facilities either. This and the unmistakeable Rosewood service standards make it one of Bangkok’s most exclusive – and elaborate – luxury hotels. Guestroom...
- Take in the views from the dizzying heights of Banyan Tree Bangkok’s open-air rooftop restaurant and bar
- Enjoy a full-day private tour of Bangkok’s most famous sights, temples and the Grand Temple
- Spend a full day exploring the tropical Island of Phuket on a private guided tour
- Bangkok’s intricate temples, vibrant flower market and impressive Grand Palace
- Thailand-Burma Railway Museum & the Bridge over the River Kwai
- Tuk tuk tour to explore the majestic ruins of former capital of the Kingdom of Siam, Ayutthaya
- Chiang Mai’s colourful markets and sample Thai delicacies at one of its street food stalls
- Bangkok’s majestic Grand Palace, Buddhist temples, and 46-metre-long reclining Buddha
- Traditional Thai Massage and sipping cocktails from the dizzying heights of one of Bangkok’s rooftop bars
- Ancient walls, vibrant street markets and majestic temples in Chiang Mai
- Explore Thailand’s Golden Triangle by Longtail boat and Tuk Tuk, interact with elephants
Find out more in our blog...
The Best Luxury Hotel Spas in the World
Well... this year's been a lot. During pretty much every week of 2020, we were bombarded with ba...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
10 Jaw-Dropping Millionaire Holiday Hideaways
Since so many holidays have been cancelled or postponed lately, your next trip may as well be a big...Tom - July, 2021
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details