A city of contrasts, Bangkok is where temples mingle with buzzing bars, traditional markets and the bright lights of city shopping malls. Whether you flit through the streets by tuk-tuk or cruise around them in a flash Mercedes, you’ll experience old and new in every corner of this vibrant capital.
Bangkok is known in Thai as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, which means ‘city of angels’. It’s true enough, as you won’t meet nicer people anywhere. Hop aboard a boat and float through the markets to pick up weird and wonderful souvenirs. You’ll be mesmerised by the smells and tastes of Bangkok’s street food, arguably the finest in the world.
Temples in Bangkok go beyond opulence with their gold leaf spires and intricate decorations. We will take you through some of the most beautiful man-made structures on the planet on our Temple Tour. You’ll visit the Grand Palace where the Temple of the Emerald Buddha lies, the most sacred temple in Thailand. At Wat Po, you can marvel at the world’s largest reclining Buddha, or gaze at the huge Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn), that stands on the Chao Phraya river.
The Patpong night market is the best way to get an authentically Thai shopping experience, and what’s more, you’re unlikely to get pestered by the sellers. A trip on a ‘James Bond’ boat along the Chao Praya will give you a real sense of local life, while for some essential luxury and wow factor a meal at the Banyan Tree’s Vertigo Restaurant will be something you won’t forget in a hurry.
- Learn Cambodia's turbulent history on a guided tour in Phnom Penh
- Take a historic walk around the ancient city of Angkor Thom
- Take a boat trip through Tonle Sap Lake pass floating houses and mangrove forests
- Relax by the beach of Hua Hin
- Take in the views from the dizzying heights of Banyan Tree Bangkok’s open-air rooftop restaurant and bar
- Enjoy a full-day private tour of Bangkok’s most famous sights, temples and the Grand Temple
- Spend a full day exploring the tropical Island of Phuket on a private guided tour
- Bangkok’s intricate temples, vibrant flower market and impressive Grand Palace
- Thailand-Burma Railway Museum & the Bridge over the River Kwai
- Tuk tuk tour to explore the majestic ruins of former capital of the Kingdom of Siam, Ayutthaya
- Chiang Mai’s colourful markets and sample Thai delicacies at one of its street food stalls
- Bangkok’s majestic Grand Palace, Buddhist temples, and 46-metre-long reclining Buddha
- Traditional Thai Massage and sipping cocktails from the dizzying heights of one of Bangkok’s rooftop bars
- Ancient walls, vibrant street markets and majestic temples in Chiang Mai
- Explore Thailand’s Golden Triangle by Longtail boat and Tuk Tuk, interact with elephants
- Speed through Bangkok's canals by longtail boat
- Trek through jungles and interact with elephants
- Spend two nights glamping in Thailand's wilderness
- Travel by speedboat for a day of snorkelling at Ang Thong National Marine Park
- Stroll through Bangkok’s vibrant Chinatown, with its Temple of the Golden Buddha and busy streets filled with food stalls
- Whiz down the Chao Phraya River by traditional longtail boat to the dazzling Wat Arun Temple
- Relax with your feet in the sand on the tropical island of Koh Lanta
- Luxuriate in your private pool pavilion at Rosewood Phuket
- Two of the three restaurants at Rosewood Phuket have been in the recognised Michelin Guide
- Stay at Bangkok's visually stunning Rosewood Bangkok
- Spoil yourself with a decadent Afternoon Gin & Tea at Rosewood Bangkok
- Experience many of the varied and vibrant Thai islands
- Visit cultural hotspots like the Mummified Monk at Wat Khunaram
- Discover a scuba divers haven of coral reefs and marine life
- Visit James Bond Island, the location of “The Man with the Golden Gun”.
- Witness the historic Bridge over the River Kwai.
- Travel to the stunning Buddhist temples seen in “Rambo III”.
- Visit a market and select your ingredients before you try your hand at cooking
- Sample delicious delights such as dim sum, Hokkien noodles and Khao Kaeng
- Enjoy a lunch of Khao Soy, a noodle soup, after visiting some of Chiang Mai's important temples
- Explore the Royal Grand Palace and admire the famous Buddha statue at Wat Pho
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details