Thailand meets Myanmar and Laos in this remote corner of the country.
From the diverse province of Chiang Rai, you can boat trip through all three countries, meandering through the awe-inspiring mountain scenery of the region.
Chiang Rai is also known for being home to many hill tribes, it is possible to visit several of these including the Hmong, Lahu, Lisu, Akha and Mien. Be sure to take in the thirteenth century Chiang Sean’s Buddhist sculptures, a landmark not to be missed.
The town of Chiang Rai is often referred to as the gateway to the Golden Triangle and offers a fantastic adventure for the curious traveller who requires a genuine sense of adventure, yet at the same time offering a superb level of accommodation.
Please remember that Northern Thailand will be cooler than Bangkok and the resorts in the south, particularly at night and early morning. The most settled weather tends to be in our winter season as in the summer months can see some heavy showers, particularly in the June to September period.
- Unwind in luxurious tents and lodges and admire jungle or river views from your private deck
- Arrive by 4WD and a short jungle trek or take a magical river boat ride
- Choose an Inclusive Package for unique excursions, elephant experiences, superb cuisine, and nightly sundowners
- Learn to be an elephant whisperer as you bathe, feed, and walk with these gentle giants
- Experience a tranquil setting next to the magical Mekong River overlooking neighbouring Myanmar and Laos
- Walk through verdant jungle hills with elephants in their natural environment at the Elephant Camp
- Indulge in Spice Spoons cooking classes, spa treatments, yoga and Pilates through the Discovery package
- Spend an unforgettable night watching the elephants and jungle life from your transparent Jungle Bubble
- Relax by one of the most stunning infinity pools in Thailand overlooking the serene valley below
- Bangkok’s majestic Grand Palace, Buddhist temples, and 46-metre-long reclining Buddha
- Traditional Thai Massage and sipping cocktails from the dizzying heights of one of Bangkok’s rooftop bars
- Ancient walls, vibrant street markets and majestic temples in Chiang Mai
- Explore Thailand’s Golden Triangle by Longtail boat and Tuk Tuk, interact with elephants
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
The Best Luxury Hotel Spas in the World
Self-care and relaxation are the two things that are often left by the wayside when life gets busy ...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Best Family Holidays for 2022
Family has never felt more important. If you're going to get the whole gang together and spend q...Other Shores Team - March, 2022
The Luxury Wellness Retreats To Recharge At This Year
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought an untold amount of stress and worry for everybody. That's why, w...Other Shores Team - December, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
10 Jaw-Dropping Millionaire Holiday Hideaways
Since so many holidays have been cancelled or postponed lately, your next trip may as well be a big...Tom - February, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details