Once a fishing village, Hua Hin was later transformed into a resort for royalty and high society following the construction of ornate summer palaces.
Hua Hin is a relaxing and friendly beach resort close to Bangkok which makes it the perfect place to escape the heat of the city.
Boasting miles of un-spoilt beaches Hua Hin is a beautiful destination that has many admirers and it is also very popular with Thailand’s royal family, as in 1922 King Rama VII found love for the region and built his own palace here, to this day Thai royals often retreat there and it is still a much loved royal family residence.
In years gone by it used to be a quaint beachside area with an active fishing port, these days Hua Hin is slowly becoming a cosmopolitan area, with a shopping complex, 18 hole golf course, music theatre along with a variety of restaurants and being close to the capital, Hua Hin is becoming an increasingly popular destination with travellers.
In particular, it appeals to families and older travellers, as it still beholds Thailand’s radiant beauty, yet doesn’t host Bangkok’s crazy nightlife. Instead, travellers can enjoy drinking cocktails and sampling international cuisine, fresh seafood or even trying typical Thai food from their nightly markets at a much more relaxed pace.
Hua Hin boasts some exquisite accommodation and plenty of things to see and do including tours of the Klai Kangwon Palace, built during the reign of King Rama VII in 1926 which the Thai royal family still frequent.
Golf is also very popular with over five local courses to choose from. Why not try your hand at Thai cookery and join one of the Thai Cookery Schools for a day? Other popular activities include elephant riding, night fishing boat trips, trips to the pineapple paper farm and snorkelling.
- De-stress, rejuvenate and detox in seven tropical acres at the ultimate health and wellness resort
- Enjoy personalised wellness consultations and treatments tailored to you, to maximise self-discovery and wellbeing
- Choose from luxurious and spacious rooms, suites and pavilions surrounded by tranquil gardens with lotus ponds
- Won the ‘Top Destination Spa Resort in the World’ by Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
- Experience the coastal charm of Hua Hin on this lovely stretch of beach with manicured gardens
- Accommodation options include family rooms, villas with private pools, duplex suites, and Club level facilities
- Delight in outstanding dining experiences, from authentic Thai flavours to international fare and classic Japanese dishes
- Unwind at the spa which offers relaxing Thai, Ayurvedic and Balinese treatments next to the sea
- Extensive facilities include four swimming pools, tennis courts, putting greens, and several golf courses close by
- Learn Cambodia's turbulent history on a guided tour in Phnom Penh
- Take a historic walk around the ancient city of Angkor Thom
- Take a boat trip through Tonle Sap Lake pass floating houses and mangrove forests
- Relax by the beach of Hua Hin
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
The Luxury Wellness Retreats To Recharge At This Year
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought an untold amount of stress and worry for everybody. That's why, w...Other Shores Team - December, 2021
Best Family Holidays for 2022
Family has never felt more important. If you're going to get the whole gang together and spend q...Other Shores Team - March, 2022
The Best Luxury Hotel Spas in the World
Self-care and relaxation are the two things that are often left by the wayside when life gets busy ...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
10 Jaw-Dropping Millionaire Holiday Hideaways
Since so many holidays have been cancelled or postponed lately, your next trip may as well be a big...Tom - February, 2022
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details