Khao Lak offers a beautiful stretch of beach and secluded bays, perfect for those seeking a quieter alternative to Phuket.
Khao Lak is a coastal area made up of a stretch of approximately 20km of beaches, residing alongside the Andaman Sea and surrounded by mountain peaks.
The area delivers a sense of peace and tranquillity that differentiates it from many other areas in Thailand.
Mountains and natural, unspoiled scenery and parks can be found throughout Khao Lak, as well as beautiful clear waters and luscious jungle area – a destination with secluded resorts and blissful un-crowded beaches, perfect for an escape from city life.
The sea Khao Lak rests on is home to some of the most famous dive sites in the world, with many boat trips available to the Similan Islands for incredible underwater sighting experiences. Accommodation in Khao Lak ranges from basic guesthouses to multi-award winning boutique beach resorts.
The region is also famous as the home to five spectacular rainforest parks, three 18-hole golf courses and Phang Nga Bay, which is renowned for its dramatic limestone islands and captivating sea cave canoe journeys.
Bask in the sun on the glorious sandy beach and cool off with a swim in the sparkling turquoise sea. Those looking for a little more adventure can discover the local wildlife with an elephant trek or hiking trip. On your holiday to Khao Lak, you can do as little or as much as you chose.
- Village-style resort spread over a spacious tropical landscape just steps away from the beach
- Kids will love making a splash at the five family swimming pools and fun water park
- Facilities include a Baby Lounge, Kids Club, and teen Hangout, plus seven restaurants and four bars
- Sample Thai boxing and mountain biking, movies at the indoor cinema, tennis, and watersports
- Visit the adults-only zone for exclusive use of a pool, gym, spa, and rooftop restaurant
- Make the most of Bang Niang Beach at this contemporary family-friendly resort
- Choose a room with direct access to the huge free-form pool for extra luxury
- Take a seat at the beach club’s live cooking station or refresh with exotic tea blends
- Kids can learn and have fun with Montessori-inspired toys and activities
- Be surrounded by a beautiful setting within 10 acres of gardens and 11km of secluded beach
- Explore the National Parks and world-famous dive sites close to this exceptional small resort
- Relax in peace and quiet with no children under 10 allowed and just 56 luxurious residences
- Unforgettable dining experiences include candlelit dinners by a jungle waterfall and beach barbecues
- Set on the powdery sands of Bang Niang Beach facing the Andaman Ocean
- Modern stylish rooms, some with direct access to the freeform pool stretching across the resort
- Conveniently located just an hour from Phuket airport and close to Khao Lak’s bars and restaurants
- Savour treatments in the award-winning spa offering modern holistic therapies, beauty remedies and detox retreat packages
- Relax and unwind in absolute luxury at this captivating beach paradise
- Step straight onto the white sands from your beach villa and soak up ocean views
- Taste authentic local and exotic Thai and Mediterranean delicacies at the resort’s two Michelin-accredited restaurants
- Create memories with the Devasom Experience programme, offering everything from romantic activities to family adventures
- Get up close and help to feed the elephants
- Take a jungle river canoe trip down the Sok River
- Go on a jungle trek and enjoy lunch served in the rainforest
- Choose the gorgeous beach, beautiful pool or pampering Spa for wonderful relaxation
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
The Best Luxury Hotel Spas in the World
Self-care and relaxation are the two things that are often left by the wayside when life gets busy ...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
The Luxury Wellness Retreats To Recharge At This Year
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought an untold amount of stress and worry for everybody. That's why, w...Other Shores Team - December, 2021
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
10 Jaw-Dropping Millionaire Holiday Hideaways
Since so many holidays have been cancelled or postponed lately, your next trip may as well be a big...Tom - February, 2022
Best Family Holidays for 2022
Family has never felt more important. If you're going to get the whole gang together and spend q...Other Shores Team - March, 2022
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details