With its golden sands, high-end resorts and world-class dining options, it's not hard to see why this beautiful island is such a desirable destination for a Thai luxury holiday.
Koh Samui is Thailand's third largest island, located off the South East coast of Thailand. Palm-fringed shores, quaint villages and friendly locals all wait to welcome you to the golden shores.
From days gone by the island still retains an 'island community' atmosphere and remains more unspoilt than many parts of Thailand. Koh Samui offers a vast range of accommodation and things to see and do. Accommodation now ranges from rustic beach huts to ultra-luxurious Spa villas.
The most popular beaches on the island are Chaweng, Lamai and Maenam, which are great for relaxing, with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. Other parts of the island are much quieter and are perfect for those seeking peace and tranquillity.
Excursions can be easily arranged - popular trips include speedboat tours to Ko Tao, a small island with coral gardens excellent for diving, boat tours around Ang Tong Marine Park, Golf, hot springs, Wat Pra Yai (Big Buddha Temple), elephant trekking and Thai boxing.
- All resort villas boast views over the Gulf of Siam with private pools
- Beachfront infinity pool with attendants bringing chilled towels and refreshments
- Daily activities include Muay Thai boxing, snorkelling trips, cooking classes and more
- Sip rum from the Rum Library or unwind with a coconut massage on the beach
Known for its charming atmosphere, Melati Beach Resort & Spa sits amid 15 acres of tropical land complete with a waterfall on a private beach setting and is perfect for couples or families. Located on Koh Samui’s northeast coast, the resort offers 77 spacious rooms where even the smallest can comfortably accommodate two adults and two children. All are decorated in neutral hues and have large...
An elegant and chic resort, Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort offers a tranquil space to enjoy the warm hospitality of the Far East and is within walking distance of local bars and restaurants. The resort offers 106 luxury rooms boasting views of the well-manicured gardens or beautiful shoreline; some come complete with a private pool and all offer a spacious place to retreat to. With a s...
Boasting just 96 suites and villas, this resort has a beautiful boutique feel to it allowing guests to wallow in the tranquillity and serenity of the spacious grounds. It is located on Mae Nam beach on a 23-acre site filled with tropical gardens and 300 metres of white-sand beach. The feel is contemporary chic with a touch of traditional Thai. Each of the suites and villas is surrounded by lu...
Nestled into its own private bay in the south of Koh Samui, this luxury hotel revives the tranquillity and beauty of traditional Thai hospitality. Spread out over a cascading hillside that gently slopes down to the resort’s secluded beach, each one of the stilted villas offers a taste of old-style Thai architecture. Nothing has been overlooked and the entire resort is beautifully camouflaged wit...
- Bangkok’s intricate temples, vibrant flower market and impressive Grand Palace
- Thailand-Burma Railway Museum & the Bridge over the River Kwai
- Tuk tuk tour to explore the majestic ruins of former capital of the Kingdom of Siam, Ayutthaya
- Chiang Mai’s colourful markets and sample Thai delicacies at one of its street food stalls
- Bangkok’s majestic Grand Palace, Buddhist temples, and 46-metre-long reclining Buddha
- Traditional Thai Massage and sipping cocktails from the dizzying heights of one of Bangkok’s rooftop bars
- Ancient walls, vibrant street markets and majestic temples in Chiang Mai
- Explore Thailand’s Golden Triangle by Longtail boat and Tuk Tuk, interact with elephants
- Speed through Bangkok's canals by longtail boat
- Trek through jungles and interact with elephants
- Spend two nights glamping in Thailand's wilderness
- Travel by speedboat for a day of snorkelling at Ang Thong National Marine Park
- Experience many of the varied and vibrant Thai islands
- Visit cultural hotspots like the Mummified Monk at Wat Khunaram
- Discover a scuba divers haven of coral reefs and marine life
Set around a gently sloping headland, this small, select gathering of boutique-style villas offers opulent living with uninterrupted views of the Gulf of Siam and the outlying islands. Unadulterated luxury is the order of the day here and personal service is paramount. In the Six Senses Spa, with its outdoor treatment salas and indoor treatment rooms, guests can choose from a plethora of holist...
Find out more in our blog...
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
10 Jaw-Dropping Millionaire Holiday Hideaways
Since so many holidays have been cancelled or postponed lately, your next trip may as well be a big...Tom - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details