Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, is a full-throttle place, somewhere to either lose yourself in a throng of busy roads and food stalls, markets and restaurants, or explore the city’s fascinating history through its museums, galleries and monuments, plus everything in between.
The dichotomy and brilliance of touring Ho Chi Minh is that you really do get a fusion of old and new during your time here.
Given the city’s ancient and more recent war-torn past, French colonial buildings and ornate pagodas sit side-by-side with modern skyscrapers, theme parks and boutique shopping outlets. It’s an intoxicating mix, one that gives a cross-section of Vietnamese culture, past and present, throughout.
The food in Ho Chi Minch City is also another one of its trademarks, from lip-smacking street food stands to sophisticated fine-dining restaurants, servicing the city’s locals and lucky tourists alike.
Then you have the historic side of Ho Chi Minh, which unfolds over hundreds of years having once been a Khmer settlement, followed by 17th-century Vietnamese rule and ultimately a major battleground during the Vietnam War with America, in the 1960s and 70s. The result is a list of essential Ho Chi Minh sites to visit, including the Cu Chi Tunnels; Independence Palace; Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon; Ng?c Hoang Pagoda, and so much more.
This is a top travel destination in Vietnam, to be sure.
- Discover the sights of Phnom Penh in a traditional cyclo
- Explore the temples including Bayon Temple with its 216 faces carved out of the rock
- Take a boat to the Cai Be floating market and cruise on to Dong Hoa Hiep Island
- Spend the night on board a Junk amongst the stunning karst formations of Halong Bay
- Enjoy a cyclo tour of Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Visit the spectacular Imperial Citadel
- Admire the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge
- Explore the amazing Cu Chi Tunnels
- Marvel at the beautiful scenery of World Heritage Site Halong Bay
- Enjoy views over beautiful terraced paddy fields in Muong Hoa valley
- Relax on a boat cruise on the romantic Perfume River in Hue
- Discover the charms of Hoi An on a walking tour and see the 400 year old Japanese Covered Bridge
- Sail along the Mekong River aboard the luxurious Aqua Mekong
- Explore the riverine island of Gieng Islet on foot or a cycle
- Visit a local village and witness the weavers at work before crossing the Vinh Xuong Border
- See some of the remote fishing villages around Tonle Sap Lake
- Discover the beautiful architecture and history of Ho Chi Minh
- Relax and pamper yourself at your beach resort in Hoi An
- Take advantage of your time in Hoi An and explore this charming riverside market town
- Experience bustling Hanoi and take a cyclo tour of the Old Quarter
Accommodation Details Park Hyatt Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City: 2 nights, bed and breakfast Six Senses Ninh Van Vay: 3 nights, bed and breakfast Six Senses Con Dao: 4 nights, bed and breakfast...
- Visit an ancient longhouse
- Take a leisurely 5km bike ride through paddy fields to Dong Tam Village
- Admire the dramatic limestone peaks of Halong Bay, a World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a morning boat trip to Cai Rang Floating Market
With stunning views across the Saigon River, Hotel Majestic Saigon has occupied one of the most desirable locations in Ho Chi Minh since it first opened in 1925. This charming boutique hotel is an art deco icon in downtown Ho Chi Minh with a French colonial facade and private balconies overlooking the street. It has 175 rooms with colonial-style marble bathrooms, old-fashioned telephones and ...
Stylish and contemporary, the InterContinental Asiana Saigon boasts a prime location in the heart of the city and offers luxury accommodation complemented by five-star service. The rooms and suites are sleek and stylish in decor, offering ample space and floor to ceiling windows with city views. Suites feature a separate living room and are located on the hotel's top floors. After a full...
Considered one of the very best luxury hotels in Vietnam, The Reverie Saigon flaunts an unmistakeable Italian-inspired style of mosaiced marble, eye-popping murals, gold-plated furniture and glistening chandeliers; all polished and presented to an impeccably high standard. Look a little harder however and behind this seemingly classical, regal decadence, there lies a fully contemporary five-star h...
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details