The UNESCO-stamped port city of Hoi An is about as picturesque, atmospheric and authentic as you could imagine.
Hoi An is home to 15th-century streets, balconied buildings and teahouses, plus a handful of Chinese temples that have barely changed over the last few hundred years.
And although Hoi An’s Old Town tends to (understandably) attract a good number of visitors for its size, there is little to no traffic and you can still find your own secluded spots, particularly at the city’s nearby beaches.
In truth, even when the lanes and waterfront bars or restaurants are busy, it’s still easy to fully appreciate the magic of visiting Hoi An, after all, the busiest of footpaths at the height of the day still pale in comparison to Vietnam’s hectic megacities. While here, Hoi An’s must-see sites include the Japanese Covered Bridge; Hoi An Market and Hoi An Old Town; the Old House of Tan Ky; Ruins of My Son; the Fujian Assembly Hall; and An Bang Beach.
Then, when it comes to your culinary journey, the cuisine of Hoi An is also another highlight. From expert cooking classes to street vendors barbequing fresh seafood, delectable tasting menus of delicate Asian dishes or some of the finest ho noodles, spring rolls and Vietnamese crepes you’ll find anywhere in the country; Hoi An’s gastronomic extravaganza awaits.
- Discover the sights of Phnom Penh in a traditional cyclo
- Explore the temples including Bayon Temple with its 216 faces carved out of the rock
- Take a boat to the Cai Be floating market and cruise on to Dong Hoa Hiep Island
- Spend the night on board a Junk amongst the stunning karst formations of Halong Bay
- Marvel at the beautiful scenery of this World Heritage Site
- Enjoy views over beautiful terraced paddy fields in Muong Hoa valley
- Relax on a boat cruise on the romantic Perfume River
- Take a walking tour of this quaint town
- Visit an ancient longhouse
- Take a leisurely 5km bike ride through paddy fields to Dong Tam Village
- Admire the dramatic limestone peaks of this World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a boat cruise and watch the local merchants trading their wares from their sampans
- Visit the impressive Pak Ou Caves carved out of a limestone cliff with Buddha images
- Explore Hanoi's Old Quarter on a guided walking tour
- Discover the charming ancient town of Hoi An with your guide
- Witness the sunset from the historic and scenic Angkor Wat
- Take a cooking class and learn about "Royal" restaurant cuisine
- Visit a neighbourhood "wet" market to learn about Vietnamese ingredients
- Learn about rice cultivation and enjoy lunch with a local family
- Discover local street food and have a drink or two at a live music cafe
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details