Discover South Pacific & Australasia Holidays
From the vast Australian outback to the staggering mountains of New Zealand and crystal-clear waters of the South Pacific, there is so much to discover with our Australasian luxury holidays. This faraway corner of the globe is home to some of the world’s greatest treasures. Marvel at the Great Barrier Reef, be amazed by the breathtaking Milford Sound, witness the colourful marine life of Fiji and much more as you explore this incredible destination.
Australasia & Pacific Islands Holiday Destinations
With everything ranging from the dusty outback to tropical beaches, find out more about our favourite destinations for a luxury holiday to Australasia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
- It’s hard to believe just how diverse Australia is. Along with iconic sights of Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru, you’ll also experience Aboriginal culture, remote wilderness and thrilling adventures.
Our tailor-made luxury holidays to Australasia and the South Pacific
Whether admiring the beauty of staggering natural wonders, relaxing on the shores of paradise, or even getting away from it all in a secluded lodge, Australasia offers a bounty of luxury travel opportunities.
With so much diversity on offer, we want to make sure that your holiday to Australasia or the South Pacific is everything you dreamt it would be. So, we take the time to tailor your holiday to your exact needs. If you want to surf the waters of Byron Bay, we’ll make it happen. If the Great Barrier Reef is on your bucket list, we’ll get you there.
From unique wildlife encounters to once-in-a-lifetime adventures, our Travel Specialists will use their first-hand knowledge to help you find your perfect Australasian luxury holiday.
Australasia & South Pacific Holiday Ideas
If you aren’t sure where to start, be inspired by our top ideas for a luxury holiday to Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Or, speak to our Travel Specialists to tailor your own bespoke tour.
Discover Sydney, Rock and Reef
- Discover Sydney's historic Rocks District, watch surfers at Bondi Beach and cruise Sydney's iconic harbour
- Explore two of Australia's most iconic sights, Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (Olgas)
- Sail across the Coral Sea for a Great Barrier Reef experience and snorkel over this majestic natural wonder
Grand New Zealand
- Discover the diversity of New Zealand's North Island, from the rolling farmlands and beautiful waters of the Bay of Islands to the volcanic landscapes of Rotorua and winelands of Hawkes Bay
- Join a guided walk through the Franz Josef valley right up to the glacier terminus
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the spectacular Dart River in Mount Aspiring National Park
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Milford Sound on a nature cruise around this pristine fjord
South Pacific Island-Hopping
- Island-hop around three of French Polynesia's most popular islands, Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora
- Discover the natural beauty of Moorea on an exciting 4WD adventure to elevated lookout points and waterfalls
- Embark on a romantic sailing excursion around Bora Bora spotting reef sharks and enjoy a barbecue lunch
Australia's Iconic Rail Journeys
- Spend three nights aboard the iconic Indian Pacific train travelling across contrasting landscapes from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific
- Enjoy views of Sydney's spectacular harbour from your Full Harbour View Room at Four Seasons Sydney Hotel
- Travel through Australia's Red Centre from Adelaide to Darwin on your two-night Ghan railway adventure
Family Friendly New Zealand Tour
- Create the perfect family holiday by adding exciting and inspiring experiences from a comprehensive selection
- Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from Lord of the Rings film trilogy
- Add unique experiences such as bungee jumping, jet boating or stargazing
Highlights of New Zealand Wineries
- Enjoy locally produced specialty foods, succulent fresh New Zealand oysters, and award-winning olive oil on Waiheke Island
- Discover flavoursome white wines and full bodied red wines of New Zealand's Hawkes Bay region
- Cycle through the vineyards of the south island's Marlborough wine region
- Take a tour through New Zealand’s largest underground wine cave and enjoy a gourmet wine barrel-cooked lunch with matching wines
Western Australia's Iconic Gibb River Self Drive
- Witness breathtaking sunsets over the Indian Ocean from Broome's Cable Beach
- Drive the remote unsealed tracks along the Gibb River Road visiting stunning gorges, waterfalls and outback towns
- Explore some of the 700,000 acres of El Questro Wilderness Park on an optional cruise or 4WD adventure
- Discover the mystical beehive shaped Bungle Bungles in Purnululu National Park
Escorted Tour of New Zealand
- Small group tour visiting both North and South Island highlights with knowledgeable local guides
- Tranz Alpine Express rail journey through the south island's Canterbury Plains and spectacular Southern Alps
- Sail through the outstandingly beautiful fiordland's Milford Sound
- Discover Rotorua's geothermal fields, mud pools, geysers and volcanoes
- Travel in a small group of up to 20 people on this luxury guided escorted tour
- Visit Aboriginal communities and guides who provide an insight into their culture, tradition, and their relationship with the land – including medicines derived from the forest itself
- Visit Australia's most iconic attractions including the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru and Sydney Harbour
- Discover the natural beauty of New South Wales' Blue Mountains and it's award-winning wines in the Hunter Valley
Our Top Hotels in Australasia & the South Pacific
From your own private island, to peaceful lodges, city escapes and luxury tents, our 5-star hotels and resorts are the best way to experience a holiday to Australasia or the Pacific Islands
Our Australasia & Pacific Islands Holiday Highlights
Whether you want to relax in total serenity or explore nature’s greatest marvels, you’ll be able to do it on a luxury holiday to Australasia and the South Pacific. With a huge list of incredible sights and luxury experiences on offer, you can see some of the world’s most iconic sights for yourself. From Sydney Harbour to Ayers Rock, the Great Barrier Reef, Milford Sound and the blinding sands of Fiji, find some inspiration in our top highlights.
Cities in Australasia
You'd be forgiven for overlooking Australasia’s cities. While the stunning beaches and landscapes are arguably the biggest draw, the cities here are just as special.
The cities in Australia are amongst the most famous in the world. The capital, Canberra, is also known as The Bush Capital for its breathtaking nature reserves and surrounding mountain ranges. Melbourne, the laid-back arts capital of Australia, is a draw for many, as are the animal sanctuaries and river cruises in Brisbane, and the beautiful sands of Perth.
The best-known of them all, though, is Sydney. Here, the star-studded Sydney Harbour, with the iconic Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, combine with world-class dining and shopping in the city centre. Stringing together a series of Australian cities into a once-in-a-lifetime tour is the perfect way to see all the unmissable sights and get more out your luxury holiday in Australasia.
Action-packed New Zealand
New Zealand’s cities are synonymous with adventure, culture, and history. On North Island you'll find Wellington and Auckland. Wellington, the capital city, is known as the culinary heart of New Zealand and its city centre is packed with quirky cafés, lively bars, and award-winning restaurants. Auckland, the most populated city in New Zealand, is a multicultural hub of delicious dining, live music, arts, museums, and culture.
The South Island cities of Christchurch and Queenstown are home to a vast range of activities and adventures. In Christchurch you'll find river boating, botanic gardens, and vast parks. Queenstown, backdropped by the stunning Southern Alps and Lake Wakatipu, has stunning vineyards to explore, as well as bungee jumping off Kawarau Gorge Suspension Bridge and jet boating on the Dart River.
Cities in the South Pacific
When you imagine a South Pacific Island holiday you probably don’t think of a city. But with an undiscovered treasure trove waiting to be explored, maybe it should be. We all know Tahiti has stunning beaches, but its capital city of Pape’ete is equally beautiful. This quaint French-influenced city has incredible views over the bay and mountains. The French flair also translates into incredible local cuisine, which you can taste in the delightful eateries.
Suva, the capital of Fiji, has a history and personality that's been influenced by a variety of cultures. With a strong British influence on the architecture, there're some unique sights to be seen. There are many Colonial-style gardens to wander, as well as an enchanting market and cathedral, making Suva a must-see destination.
Outdoor Adventures in Australasia
If you love an adventure, there's plenty on offer across Australasia and the South Pacific. Offering a diverse landscape spanning the sandy outback, rugged glaciers, cloudy volcanoes and crystal-clear lagoons, get ready for an action-packed trip.
Never-ending adventures in New Zealand
Boasting some of the most stunning scenery, New Zealand is a dream for adventure lovers. From staggering mountains, colourful volcanoes and towering fjords, to sparkling lakes, misty forests and steaming geysers, opportunities to explore are truly rife.
So, where to start? Milford Sound is on many bucket lists, where you can marvel at Mitre Peak, delve into rainforests and kayak across the waters. Queenstown offers an uninhibited playground for adrenaline lovers, with everything from mountain biking and ziplining to canyoning, white water rafting, bungee jumping and even skydiving on offer!
From the astoundingly steep Franz Josef Glacier to placid Lake Wakatipu, New Zealand is sure to be a highlight of any Australasian luxury holiday.
The outback of Australia
The vast country of Australia is ideal for exploring. In fact, one of the most iconic places to visit in the whole of Australasia is Northern Territory’s Red Centre, where you’ll find the striking Ayers Rock. There's nothing quite like watching the sunrise over the dusty sand to the sound of the didgeridoo. A walk through the towering Walpa Gorge at Kata Tjuta National Park is another must, returning to relax in your luxury lodge.
Outside the Red Centre, Pinnacles Desert is ready to be explored in Perth. For hikers, the breathtaking Blue Mountains are a must, with bush walk trails and stunning lookout points.
From the vineyards along Margaret River to deserts, forests and incredible rock formations, the list really does go on! To cram as much as possible into your Australasian holiday, why not take a luxury train journey? Or, if you choose to drive, be sure include the scenic Great Ocean Road into your plan.
South Pacific island-hopping
While many people visit to relax, holidays in the South Pacific offer their fair share of adventure, too. An island-hopping holiday in particular is a fantastic way to discover the array of things across the Cook Islands, French Polynesia, Fiji and more.
In Tahiti, you can hike mountain ridges and waterfalls, discover ancient temples, take a dip in a geothermal pool or perhaps join the surfers and catch a wave. Also in French Polynesia is Moorea Island, where you can take thrilling 4WD tours to the most magical lookout points.
In Fiji, snorkelling is one of the most popular activities, though adventurous types might want to attempt climbing Mount Tomanivi! And, while Bora Bora might be known for its romantic setting, searching for hidden coves by boat isn’t to be missed.
Australasia’s Nature & Wildlife
Australasia and the South Pacific Ocean is home to an incredible array of unique wildlife. From iconic kiwi birds and kangaroos, to highly valued coral reefs and marine life, take the time to admire nature on your Australasian luxury holiday.
Australia’s animals & Great Barrier Reef
There is no way to talk about Australia without mentioning the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest coral reef system. From your base in the Whitsunday Islands, you can take a catamaran tour, swim, snorkel or go scuba diving to discover the truly stunning array on marine life that resides in the water. You can even take a helicopter tour to see it from above!
Oceans aside, Australia is known for its unique wildlife on land too. Families and adults alike will love meeting the residents of Kangaroo Island in their natural habitat, the rescued koalas of Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary or an array of other Australian critters at Featherdale Wildlife Park.
If you visit Phillip Island, you’ll also be lucky enough to see the fur seals lazing on the shore, or even a few little penguins returning to their burrows. From crocodiles to cuddly-looking capybara, Australia’s wildlife won’t fail to delight you!
The wonderful wildlife of New Zealand
New Zealand is home to some of Australasia’s most wonderful wildlife. Birds in particular take a lot of the spotlight – particularly the famed kiwi bird, which has become a national icon.
If you really love bird-watching, you should plan a trip to Taiaroa Head. This reserve is home to the southern hemisphere’s only mainland colony of albatross, whom you can watch from the albatross observatory. Milford Sound is another haven for wildlife lovers, where high rain fall, salt water from the sea and lush rainforests create unique conditions. The sight of fur seals, penguins and playful dolphins is a highlight for many!
Whale spotting is another very popular activity when on holiday in Australasia. In the beautiful coastal town of Kaikoura, you have a fantastic chance of seeing giant sperm whales along with dolphins, fur seals and plenty of sea birds.
The South Pacific’s untouched beauty
White sandy beaches, swaying palm trees and crystal waters… you could say that a luxury Pacific Island holiday is unrivalled in beauty.
In this undisturbed paradise, you’ll find some wonderful opportunities for snorkelling and diving. The pristine waters are home to an array of marine life that you can discover for yourself. Fiji is a highlight, an island which has become known as the ‘soft coral capital of the world’. Hosting a diverse range of underwater habitats, you can spot a kaleidoscope of fish plus manta rays, sharks, turtles and dolphins.
In Bora Bora, you‘ll find one of the best diving destinations, Fakarava. This lagoon in the Tuamotu Atolls has been designated as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and thrives with unique wildlife.
What can be said about the bliss of Australasia’s world-famous beaches that hasn’t been said already? With soft white sands, blue waters and a hot climate, sit back for a cool cocktail or enjoy some exciting activities.
The famed sands of Australia
If you’re looking for pristine white sand, endless ocean, and iconic surfing experiences, then look no further than Australia. Bondi Beach in Sydney is truly iconic and a world-famous surfing hotspot. Or, if you’d prefer a more relaxed stay, sipping cocktails in a chic waterfront bar is a perfect way to spend an afternoon.
Rockingham Beach is just a short journey from Perth, where the waters are home to around 150-plus bottlenose dolphins. You can even take a kayak trip to see them up close. For something a little bit unique, Squeaky Beach in Victoria is a one-of-a-kind strip of coastline. As the name suggests, every step on this sand comes with a unique sound effect!
Beautiful bays of New Zealand
The bays in New Zealand are known for their breathtaking beauty. Ringed by stunning coast with a welcoming climate, it’s an ideal destination for beach-lovers. From soft white sands to dramatic rock formations, each part of the shore hosts a variety of unique activities that offers something for every traveller.
Anchor Bay, in Tawharanui Regional Park, is one of Auckland’s greatest hidden gems. Here you'll discover rolling hills, soft sand, and blue ocean. Then, not far from Queenstown, is the rugged beauty of Koekohe Beach. Koekohe is a dream for natural history lovers, as it’s scattered with giant rock formations that were carved by the tides about 65 million years ago.
Bliss in the South Pacific
What do you get when you mix palm trees, white sand, clear waters and shining sun? You get paradise. Every island in the South Pacific could easily be described this way, particularly if you’re a lover of beaches. These islands are also home to some of the best watersports in the world, while taking a diving excursion to see stunning coral reefs is an unmissable experience on a South Pacific holiday.
The Cook Islands are another magnificent example of the beachside beauty you'll find in the region, boasting a variety of crystal-clear lagoons and soft sands that seem to go on forever. There’s a good reason why so many people consider this home to the best beaches on the planet.
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details