The vast island continent of Australia is often seen as an aspirational, once-in-a-lifetime, destination but after that first, memorable visit you'll yearn to return for a second luxury Australia holiday.
A place where natural wonders never stop to amaze and cosmopolitan cities entice you to wander their streets for hours, camera in hand.
Because of the air miles, here at Inspiring Travel Company, we suggest you book in extra time for your bespoke discovery to Australia. This way you ensure your trip to the other side of the world includes all the major highlights you wish to see, with time to spare for the new ones you’ll unearth on your journey.
So where do you start with an Australian holiday?
Your first port of call should be Sydney. Here you can:
- Head to Bondi to watch the surfers,
- Take a boat trip past the Opera House or
- Venture into the Blue Mountains to abseil down dramatic cliff faces.
Travel north to Queensland up the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, where you’ll reach trendy Brisbane, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and its ‘paradise found’ Whitsunday Islands. Make time for a trip to Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island and natural wonder, on your route to sunny Cairns.
Your Australian journey could then take you anti-clockwise around this vast island to Darwin. This is a centre of incredible history, known as the red centre, with a trip to the country’s famed Alice Springs and epic Uluru. On the western coast, there’s Perth where a visit to the WACA could be on your itinerary, as well as a stay at one of Margaret River’s stunning vineyards.
Along the south coast, you’ll discover the museums and galleries of Adelaide and incredible wildlife on Kangaroo Island. And then there is, of course, Melbourne, a favourite with visitors to Australia for its trendy eateries along the Yarra River.
If you have the time, an adventure to Tasmania, the ‘island of inspiration’, will reward you with a wealth of natural wonders.
The tropical northern half of Australia is best visited in its dry season of May to October. Southern Australia experiences four seasons, the reverse of the UK, so expect hot summers, December to February and cool winters, June to August. Spring and Autumn are generally very pleasant times to visit, ideal for touring holidays.
Bespoke Australia Holiday
At Inspiring Travel Company, we can create a bespoke holiday to Australia for you, including all these amazing highlights and more. Teamed with our outstanding collection of hotels and first-class flight experiences, you’ll be sure to have the holiday of a lifetime.
Where to go in Australia
- Spend three nights aboard the iconic Indian Pacific train travelling across contrasting landscapes from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific
- Enjoy views of Sydney's spectacular harbour from your Full Harbour View Room at Four Seasons Sydney Hotel
- Travel through Australia's Red Centre from Adelaide to Darwin on your two-night Ghan railway adventure
- Take in sweeping views of Perth's skyline from Kings Park or wander through Fremantle's historic streets
- Sample some of Australia's finest wines in the Margaret River region or explore underground caverns at Ngilgi Caves
- Drive through karri forests, follow the rugged southern coastline and in to the remote outback
- Enjoy a spectacular scenic flight over the wild central highlands of Tasmania and Macquarie Harbour
- Spend a full day hiking in the breath-taking Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park
- Visit the impressive underground caverns Marakoopa and King Solomons Caves
- Board an eco-catamaran at Coles Bay for a serene cruise of Freycinet Peninsula and Wineglass Bay
- Wander through thousands of limestone spires formed over millions of years at the Pinnacles Desert
- Witness the beauty of this area from the air on a flight to Cape Leveque
- Marvel at the fascinating beehive shaped domes from the air on a flight over the mystical Bungle Bungles
- Explore the wetlands and Aboriginal rock art of Kakadu National Park from Wildman Wilderness Lodge
- Explore the world's largest sand island by 4WD on a two night Fraser Island adventure
- Snorkel over the Great Barrier Reef directly from the beach at Heron Island
- Sail through Whitsundays, 74 rainforest clad islands off the coast of Airlie Beach
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Tropical North Queensland on a 4WD rainforest adventure
- Visit some of Sydney's highlights including The Rocks, Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge and Bondi Beach
- Explore the beauty and attractions along this beautiful coastline at your own pace
- Relax for a few nights in this delightful and laid back, beach side resort
- Find a high vantage point or take a cruise out from Jervis Bay to spot dolphins and whales (whales migrate through Jervis Bay late May to late November)
- Visit charming unspoiled seaside towns en-route such as Batemans Bay, Narooma and Lakes Entrance
- Follow one of the national parks hiking trails through lush forests, along secluded beaches while trying to spot native wildlife such as echidnas and emus
- Watch Phillip Island's little penguins return to their burrows at night
- Wander through a desert of mystical limestone pinnacles said to have formed 25, 000 years ago
- Explore the rugged terrain and spectacular gorges of Kalbarri National Park
- Witness sociable dolphins swim close to the shore and try to spot turtles and manta rays swim by
- Stroll along Broome's pristine Cable Beach and watch spectacular sun sets over the Indian Ocean
- Discover Sydney's historic Rocks District, watch surfers at Bondi Beach and cruise Sydney's iconic harbour
- Explore two of Australia's most iconic sights, Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (Olgas)
- Sail across the Coral Sea for a Great Barrier Reef experience and snorkel over this majestic natural wonder
- Discover the ancient rainforests of Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation
- Be whisked away by helicopter for a picnic lunch on a secluded sand island at Vlassof Cay
- Take in the stunning beauty of the Whitsunday Islands from the air on a helicopter flight to Whitehaven Beach
- Enjoy a private tour of the breathtaking World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park
Find out more in our blog...
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details