Experiencing a Luxury Australia holiday should be on every travellers' bucket list.
A place where natural wonders never stop to amaze and cosmopolitan cities entice you to wander their streets for hours, camera in hand.
Because of the air miles, here at Inspiring Travel Company, we suggest you book in extra time for your bespoke discovery to Australia. This way you ensure your trip to the other side of the world includes all the major highlights you wish to see, with time to spare for the new ones you’ll unearth on your journey.
So where do you start with an Australian holiday?
Your first port of call should be Sydney. Here you can:
- Head to Bondi to watch the surfers,
- Take a boat trip past the Opera House or
- Venture into the Blue Mountains to abseil down dramatic cliff faces.
Travel north to Queensland up the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, where you’ll reach trendy Brisbane, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and its ‘paradise found’ Whitsunday Islands. Make time for a trip to Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island and natural wonder, on your route to sunny Cairns.
Your Australian journey could then take you anti-clockwise around this vast island to Darwin. This is a centre of incredible history, known as the red centre, with a trip to the country’s famed Alice Springs and epic Uluru. On the western coast, there’s Perth where a visit to the WACA could be on your itinerary, as well as a stay at one of Margaret River’s stunning vineyards.
Along the south coast, you’ll discover the museums and galleries of Adelaide and incredible wildlife on Kangaroo Island. And then there is, of course, Melbourne, a favourite with visitors to Australia for its trendy eateries along the Yarra River.
If you have the time, an adventure to Tasmania, the ‘island of inspiration’, will reward you with a wealth of natural wonders.
The tropical northern half of Australia is best visited in its dry season of May to October. Southern Australia experiences four seasons, the reverse of the UK, so expect hot summers, December to February and cool winters, June to August. Spring and Autumn are generally very pleasant times to visit, ideal for touring holidays.
Bespoke Australia Holiday
At Inspiring Travel Company, we can create a bespoke holiday to Australia for you, including all these amazing highlights and more. Teamed with our outstanding collection of hotels and first-class flight experiences, you’ll be sure to have the holiday of a lifetime.
- Sail around Sydney's spectacular harbour on a Captain Cook's dinner cruise
- Enjoy breathtaking valley vistas and rock formations, cruise back to Sydney on the Parramatta River
- Be mesmerized by the sheer scale of Australia's most iconic attraction, Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Float, swim and snorkel over one of the world's greatest natural wonders
- Take in stunning views of Perth from Kings Park Botanic Gardens, visit the historical port of Fremantle, watch the Indian Ocean sparkle at Cottesloe Beach and take a leisurely cruise on the Swan River
- An exciting day out with downhill sand-boarding on Lancelin Sand Dunes and wander through the mystical Pinnacle Desert
- Explore the beautiful wine growing region of Margaret River, enjoy a gourmet lunch platter with beer and cider tasting plus visit a vineyard for wine tasting
- Spend a day on the delightful Rottnest Island, home of the mischievous quokka, a small wallaby-like marsupial, and explore the island by bike in search of a secluded cove just for you and yours
- Enjoy travelling in small groups to gain an in-depth understanding of Tasmania's convict heritage and history in Richmond and Port Arthur Historic Site
- Explore this remote island and its coastal fossil caves, visit the historic Darlington probation station and try to spot native wildlife such as wombats and wallabies
- Board the majestic steam train that follows the West Coast Wilderness Railway deep into the Tasmanian wilderness and rugged terrain
- Take a self-guided tour through the historic Woolmers Estate and Brickendon farm village and spend the night in an authentic convict cottage
- Explore Darwin and its cultural attractions
- Learn the rich aboriginal traditions and heritage at Litchfield National Park
- Visit Mikkinj Valley for spectacular scenery and wildlife spotting
- Enjoy a magnificent bush setting for dinner in Alice Springs
- Travel in a small group (max 20 people) on this luxury guided escorted tour
- Visit aboriginal communities and join aboriginal guides who provide an insight into Aboriginal culture, tradition, and their relationship with the land – including medicines derived from the forest itself
- Visit Australia's most iconic attractions including the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru and Sydney Harbour
- Discover the natural beauty of New South Wales Blue Mountains and it's award-winning wines in the Hunter Valley
- Spend three nights aboard the iconic Indian Pacific travelling across contrasting landscapes from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific
- Enjoy views of Sydney's spectacular harbour from your Full Harbour View Room at Four Seasons Sydney Hotel
- Travel through Australia's Red Centre from Adelaide to Darwin on your two night Ghan rail adventure
- Take in sweeping views of Perth's skyline from Kings Park or wander through Fremantle's historic streets
- Sample some of Australia's finest wines in the Margaret River region or explore underground caverns at Ngilgi Caves
- Drive through karri forests, follow the rugged southern coastline and in to the remote outback
- Great Ocean Road - One of Australia's most scenic drives through rolling countryside and along dramatic coastlines
- Explore Ballarat and its open-air museum re-enacting life during the areas gold-rush era
- Hike through the pristine wilderness or cruise to Wineglass Bay at Freycinet National Park
- Enjoy a spectacular scenic flight over the wild central highlands of Tasmania and Macquarie Harbour
- Spend a full day hiking in the breath-taking Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park
- Visit the impressive underground caverns Marakoopa and King Solomons Caves
- Board an eco-catamaran at Coles Bay for a serene cruise of Freycinet Peninsula and Wineglass Bay
- Wander through thousands of limestone spires formed over millions of years at the Pinnacles Desert
- Witness the beauty of this area from the air on a flight to Cape Leveque
- Marvel at the fascinating beehive shaped domes from the air on a flight over the mystical Bungle Bungles
- Explore the wetlands and Aboriginal rock art of Kakadu National Park from Wildman Wilderness Lodge
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details