Seeing this sacred and iconic sight is worth the trip to Australia alone. Be wowed by the scenery, amazed by the history and inspired by the local way of life in this very special part of Australia.
One of the defining sights of Australia, Uluru is a natural wonder that never ceases to amaze. Seeing the magnificent rock in photographs is one thing – seeing it with your own eyes is a completely different experience.
Ayers Rock Resort is the base for visiting both Uluru and the impressive geological formation of Kata Tjuta (also known as the Olgas). The area can be reached by plane, or by a pleasant six-hour drive from Alice Springs.
Uluru itself is over three kilometres long and stands at around 350 metres tall (continuing for several kilometres below ground). Kata Tjuta is 36 colossal domes spread over more than 20 kilometres, believed to be 500 million-years-old.
There are lots of activities and excursions to choose from in the Uluru area, including outback cycling, Segway tours, cultural experiences and, of course, watching the sunrise and sunset behind the giant rock. Dining amongst this spectacular show of nature is an unforgettable way to appreciate Uluru; try the Sounds of Silence or Mayu Wiru dining experiences for gourmet cuisine with unparalleled views.
- Discover Sydney's historic Rocks District, watch surfers at Bondi Beach and cruise Sydney's iconic harbour
- Explore two of Australia's most iconic sights, Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (Olgas)
- Sail across the Coral Sea for a Great Barrier Reef experience and snorkel over this majestic natural wonder
- Take in the beauty of Sydney Harbour aboard a 52-foot luxury motor cruiser
- Stay in a luxury tented pavilion at Longitude 131° and discover the magic of Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- Discover your own private beach, enjoy exquisite cuisine and explore the Great Barrier Reefs underwater world
- Indulge on premium wines during your Swan Valley Food & Wine Tour in Perth
- Spend a spectacular day exploring the Great Barrier Reef during your cruise
- Watch the sunrise at the stunning Kata Tjuta
- Join a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House
- Travel in a small group of up to 20 people on this luxury guided escorted tour
- Visit Aboriginal communities and guides who provide an insight into their culture, tradition, and their relationship with the land – including medicines derived from the forest itself
- Visit Australia's most iconic attractions including the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru and Sydney Harbour
- Discover the natural beauty of New South Wales' Blue Mountains and it's award-winning wines in the Hunter Valley
- Dine under the stars at Table 131 for a unique and unforgettable experience
- Signature experiences such Kata Tjuta at sunrise and Uluru at sunset are included in your stay
- Enjoy unparalleled views of Uluru from the comfort of your bed
- Stargaze on your luxury outdoor terrace, warmed by your outdoor fireplace
Choose from Garden View Rooms shaded under a canopy of towering gum trees, or Deluxe Rock View Rooms, Ayers Rock Resort’s only rooms with views towards Uluru. As a guest of Desert Gardens Hotel, you can experience a wide range of complimentary activities, including visits to Wintjiri Arts and Museum to view Anangu products, listen to Aboriginal storytellers talking about local bush tucker, and hea...
The culture of the local Anangu people has been interwoven into design features throughout the hotel, where modern rooms decorated in natural tones are complemented by indigenous artwork. Indulge in spa and body treatments at Sails in the Desert’s Red Ochre Spa and relax on the lawns by the expansive gumtree-lined heated swimming pool. Dining options include the poolside Pira Pool Bar serving burg...
- Explore Darwin and its cultural attractions
- Learn the rich aboriginal traditions and heritage at Litchfield National Park
- Visit Mikkinj Valley for spectacular scenery and wildlife spotting
- Enjoy a magnificent bush setting for dinner in Alice Springs
Find out more in our blog...
Which One&Only Resort Should You Visit This Year?
When it comes to holidays, everyone's looking for something different. The One&Only Resorts portfol...Joanne - July, 2021
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details