Featuring on many a ‘bucket list’ is a trip to Australia’s natural marine wonder, the Great Barrier Reef; an awesome sight that will stay with you forever.
A water lover's dream, you can take a dip in waters above the reef to snorkel and scuba dive; walk along the pristine stretches of white sand for beachcombing and feet-in-the-sand dining; island-hop on a yacht or seaplane flight; or simply recline in your superb island hotel with a cocktail and a view to die for.
To experience the Great Barrier Reef you can stay in one of the coastal regions nearby – like Cairns, Port Douglas and Mission Beach – and take day trips onto the reef. Or to truly immerse yourself in the natural wonder, you could stay on one of the many islands, such as the Whitsunday Islands, an archipelago of 74 tropical isles next to the reef, or with a stay on one of the main Great Barrier Reef Islands such as Lizard island.
Experiences not to be missed include a visit to the multi-award-winning Whitehaven Beach, the beauty of Heart Reef, watching turtles hatch on Heron Island (in season) and snorkelling in the reef off Magnetic Island.
Speak to our Travel Specialists for more ideas for your Great Barrier Reef Islands’ adventure and to learn more about our east coast Australia tours and hotels.
Only accessible by helicopter and feeling utterly remote in these crystalline seas, there’s nothing but the pristine shores of Hazard Bay, ethereal night skies and Great Barrier Reef’s rich marine life for company here at Orpheus Island Lodge. This is pure luxury for your stay in Australia and is considered the countries most exclusive and luxurious resorts for sure, though Orpheus Island Lodge i...
- Travel in a small group of up to 20 people on this luxury guided escorted tour
- Visit Aboriginal communities and guides who provide an insight into their culture, tradition, and their relationship with the land – including medicines derived from the forest itself
- Visit Australia's most iconic attractions including the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru and Sydney Harbour
- Discover the natural beauty of New South Wales' Blue Mountains and it's award-winning wines in the Hunter Valley
- Take in the beauty of Sydney Harbour aboard a 52-foot luxury motor cruiser
- Stay in a luxury tented pavilion at Longitude 131° and discover the magic of Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- Discover your own private beach, enjoy exquisite cuisine and explore the Great Barrier Reefs underwater world
- Discover the island's wildlife - sea lions, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and if you are lucky even echidnas and goannas
- Cruise around Sydney's spectacular harbour on a 52-foot motor yacht and explore the beautiful Blue Mountains on a small group tour
- Take a cruise around the Whitsundays, relax on the soft white sands of Whitehaven Beach
- Snorkel over the mesmerising Great Barrier Reef and explore the ancient rainforests of Daintree National park and Cape Tribulation
Hamilton Island is one of 74 tropical islands that make up the Whitsundays off the coast of central Queensland. The island is easily accessed by air with regular direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Cairns or by water from the Australian resort town of Airlie Beach. The island is a holiday destination of its own, with 12 restaurants, bars, swimming pools and over 65 activities avail...
qualia’s 60 elegant and luxurious pavilions are set amongst native eucalypts and 30 acres of lush tropical gardens on the northernmost tip of Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays. Each exquisite pavilion has been handcrafted from the finest timber and stone, with full walls of glass framing sweeping views of the Coral Sea and tropical bushland. Witness the Whitsundays’ legendary sunsets from the pr...
- Experience renowned diving at the Cod Hole and swim with giant potato cod
- Hike to Cooks Look for panoramic views of Lizard Island and the Coral Sea
- Take a dinghy to spend a day on a secluded beach with a deluxe picnic
- Snorkel directly off the beach to the Clam Garden and see spectacular giant clams
This intimate hideaway is tucked between the tropical vegetation of Bedarra Island in the Great Barrier Reef, encompassing just ten villas which are strewn up the hillside for unrivalled views of the beach. Bedarra Island Resort is easy to reach from Mission Beach, just 10km away, yet feels far away from anywhere else save for the exotic islands and coral reefs that surround it. What’s more, staf...
With its string of irresistible fine-dining restaurants, a heavenly holistic spa, watersports including underwater Seabob adventures, scuba, snorkelling and jet ski, plus several swimming pools that look out towards the ocean, you can see why. The hotel itself is split into three distinct – though equally enticing – accommodation options: the Lagoon, Pool and Beach Wings which will see you either...
Find out more in our blog...
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Which One&Only Resort Should You Visit This Year?
When it comes to holidays, everyone's looking for something different. The One&Only Resorts portfol...Joanne - July, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details