The capital of South Australia, Adelaide’s unique character blends history, culture, a great gourmet scene and plenty of style.
With its wide avenues, large squares and colonial architecture, Adelaide is certainly one of Australia’s prettiest cities. The coastal city offers a laid-back pace and plenty of sunshine, along with a superb festival scene.
There’s a cosmopolitan, almost Mediterranean atmosphere to Adelaide; during the warmest months you’ll likely find yourself in open-air eateries and street-side cafés that feel distinctly European. These are well worth a visit, since Adelaide is well-known for gourmet food and fine wine. Wander the city’s beautiful streets and discover myriad quirky cafés, international eateries and stylish bars.
If you’re visiting in February or March, don’t miss the chance to attend one of the grand festivals Adelaide has become known for; celebrations of food, art, literature, music and theatre draw visitors from around the world.
Just a short journey by tram away from the city, pretty Glenelg offers visitors a perfect beach and lively atmosphere. Here you can swim with dolphins or enjoy excellent snorkelling. Alternatively, spend a relaxed afternoon wandering Jetty Road’s shops and boutiques.
Adelaide is a great base from which to explore many of South Australia’s other attractions – including Kangaroo Island and the Barossa Valley. The Ghan train journey begins or ends here, and connects Adelaide with Darwin (via Alice Springs). The Indian Pacific train also connects Adelaide to Sydney and Perth. Another scenic option for exploring this part of Australia is a self-drive journey to the Red Centre, stopping in Flinders Ranges and Coober Pedy (an underground outback town famous for mining opals) en route.
Speak to our Travel Specialists for a bespoke quote on your holiday to Adelaide and South Australia.
- Spend three nights aboard the iconic Indian Pacific train travelling across contrasting landscapes from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific
- Enjoy views of Sydney's spectacular harbour from your Full Harbour View Room at Four Seasons Sydney Hotel
- Travel through Australia's Red Centre from Adelaide to Darwin on your two-night Ghan railway adventure
- Discover the unique landscapes of Kangaroo Island and Flinders Ranges
- Sample some of Australia's premier wines in the McClaren Vale, Barossa and Clare Valley wine regions
- Look out for wildlife endemic to Australia such as kangaroos. koalas and emus
- Take in the dramatic landscapes of rolling hills and rugged coastline on one of Australia's most scenic drives
- Discover this magical island with its unique scenery and abundance of wildlife including seals, kangaroos, koalas and echidnas
- Discover the island's wildlife - sea lions, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and if you are lucky even echidnas and goannas
- Cruise around Sydney's spectacular harbour on a 52-foot motor yacht and explore the beautiful Blue Mountains on a small group tour
- Take a cruise around the Whitsundays, relax on the soft white sands of Whitehaven Beach
- Snorkel over the mesmerising Great Barrier Reef and explore the ancient rainforests of Daintree National park and Cape Tribulation
Housed in a 1930s heritage listed building, Mayfair Hotel preserves one of Adelaide’s most iconic buildings by ensuring many of its historic aspects have been retained during the multi-million-dollar transformation to become one of the city’s finest hotels. City attractions such as Adelaide Botanic Garden, Art Gallery of South Australia and Migration Museum are within walking distance from Mayfair...
Peppers Waymouth is set right in the heart of Adelaide’s city centre; just two blocks from Adelaide’s vibrant Central Market, Chinatown and Victoria Square, and a 10-minute walk from Rundle Mall, home to hundreds of shops, restaurants and cafés. This modern hotel offers 202 rooms, all with floor-to-ceiling windows allowing natural light to flood in. Many rooms also come with a private balcony, ide...
A superb location means you’ll be within walking distance of key attractions such as the Art Gallery of South Australia, the National Wine Centre and Adelaide’s Botanical Gardens. You’ll also find several bars, restaurants and a range of eclectic shops just a few moments away in Rundle Street and Rundle Mall. The hotel offers 120 rooms including their Classic Rooms, rooms with balconies and Majes...
- Indulge on premium wines during your Swan Valley Food & Wine Tour in Perth
- Spend a spectacular day exploring the Great Barrier Reef during your cruise
- Watch the sunrise at the stunning Kata Tjuta
- Join a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House
Find out more in our blog...
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Which One&Only Resort Should You Visit This Year?
When it comes to holidays, everyone's looking for something different. The One&Only Resorts portfol...Joanne - July, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details