Trendy Melbourne, the vineyards of the Yarra Valley, Phillip Island’s fairy penguins and the scenery from the Great Ocean Road; Australia’s Victoria state has so much to offer the experience-loving traveller.
Head south to Victoria on your Australian adventure and you won’t be disappointed by the wonders that await.
The state capital, Melbourne, is a vibrant city bursting with top eateries, world-class events and a diverse culture. Make sure you leave time for St Kilda, the city’s top museums and of course a spot of retail therapy!
Then there’s the rugged beauty to discover on a drive along the Great Ocean Road including the famous limestone formations, the Twelve Apostles; the top Aussie tipples in the Yarra Valley and the glorious Mornington Peninsular. Take a trip to see the fairy penguins waddle on Phillip Island, walk along Ninety Mile Beach, and cruise Australia’s biggest expanse of inland waterways at Gippsland Lakes.
And of course, if you fancy an authentic Victoria experience, you could always stop for one of the state’s top sporting events, such as cricket and horse racing too.
Team your adventures with our selection of suggested tours and top regional hotels and you have the makings of a superb Victoria experience with Inspiring Travel Company.
- Find a high vantage point or take a cruise out from Jervis Bay to spot dolphins and whales (whales migrate through Jervis Bay late May to late November)
- Visit charming unspoiled seaside towns en-route such as Batemans Bay, Narooma and Lakes Entrance
- Follow one of the national parks hiking trails through lush forests, along secluded beaches while trying to spot native wildlife such as echidnas and emus
- Watch Phillip Island's little penguins return to their burrows at night
- Take in the dramatic landscapes of rolling hills and rugged coastline on one of Australia's most scenic drives
- Discover this magical island with its unique scenery and abundance of wildlife including seals, kangaroos, koalas and echidnas
- Discover the island's wildlife - sea lions, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and if you are lucky even echidnas and goannas
- Cruise around Sydney's spectacular harbour on a 52-foot motor yacht and explore the beautiful Blue Mountains on a small group tour
- Take a cruise around the Whitsundays, relax on the soft white sands of Whitehaven Beach
- Snorkel over the mesmerising Great Barrier Reef and explore the ancient rainforests of Daintree National park and Cape Tribulation
- Indulge on premium wines during your Swan Valley Food & Wine Tour in Perth
- Spend a spectacular day exploring the Great Barrier Reef during your cruise
- Watch the sunrise at the stunning Kata Tjuta
- Join a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House
A slick spa, Club Level rooms, epic views and a hop, skip and a jump into the centre of Melbourne makes The Langham an excellent choice for visitors to this great city. Located in the heart of the Southbank Promenade, the city’s arts and leisure district, this upscale hotel on the banks of the Yarra River boasts sweeping views of the Melbourne skyline. This means guests are only a short walk from...
The Park Hyatt Melbourne is found right in the heart of Victoria’s capital, rubbing shoulders with historic buildings like Parliament House in the Central Business District. Given this superb location, it’s wonderfully easy to wander right from the hotel to much of Melbourne’s highlights, including restaurants, bars, art galleries and museums. What’s more, many rooms and suites look out over the F...
Sitting pretty in the heart of Melbourne’s sparkling Central Business District, the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins certainly looks the part with reliable guestrooms, spacious suites and plenty of onsite facilities. While here you’ll be just moments from: Federation Square the Princess Theatre, Melbourne Museum and Melbourne Arts Centre with plenty more local landmarks, lots of restaurants, shoppi...
The boutique 14-room Captains at the Bay is a peaceful and private retreat in the quaint seaside town of Apollo Bay, with restaurants, shops and unspoilt beaches just a 100-metre walk from the property. Captains at the Bay is a great base from which to explore the magnificent coastal scenery and national parks of Victoria’s Great Ocean Road, including the Twelve Apostles and Otway National Park. ...
This modern resort is built around Victoria’s oldest guesthouse, the heritage listed Erskine House, which is now part of Lorne’s rich history. There are 227 accommodations available at Mantra Lorne in four different styles; Resort Rooms and One and Two Bedroom Apartments are housed in three-storey modern buildings, while the Heritage Hotel Rooms are located within the original historic Erskine Ho...
Perched on a headland at the eastern end of Victoria’s famed Great Ocean Road, Peppers the Sands Resort is the perfect place from which to start or finish your coastal adventure. Only two miles away, you’ll find the village of Torquay, full of local stores, restaurants, surf shops and the Torquay Central Farmers Market. This contemporary resort offers 112 beautifully designed rooms and suites, man...
Find out more in our blog...
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Which One&Only Resort Should You Visit This Year?
When it comes to holidays, everyone's looking for something different. The One&Only Resorts portfol...Joanne - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details