Trendy Melbourne is an absolute ‘must-see’ on your tailormade Inspiring Travel Company Australia tour, with so much to experience both in the city and beyond its bounds.
This attractive city boasts a stunning skyline, set on the banks of the Yarra River and bursting with trendy suburbs like the famous St Kilda with its Acland Street Cake Shops, bohemian Fitzroy, Chapel Street and South Yarra.
Exploring on foot is a great way to see the architecture and pop down the secret side streets to visit one-off boutiques. But when your feet grow weary, you can always jump on the tram, perhaps to South Melbourne Market for some scrummy dim sum.
Don’t miss the new development at Federation Square and Southbank during your exploration of Melbourne, as well as the lush Royal Botanic Gardens and Queen Victoria market. If you’re lucky enough to be visiting during a sporting season, we can arrange tickets through our sister company to the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Australian Grand Prix or Melbourne Cup horse race.
Then there’s the excellent dining too, with the city a gastronomes heaven! Famous Attica, rooftop bars, authentic pubs, fish and chips on the beach, creative cocktails and Aussie wines can all be a part of your amazing stay in magical Melbourne.
Speak to our team of Travel Specialists to find out more about Melbourne and the stunning touring destinations you can visit nearby.
The Park Hyatt Melbourne is found right in the heart of Victoria’s capital, rubbing shoulders with historic buildings like Parliament House in the Central Business District. Given this superb location, it’s wonderfully easy to wander right from the hotel to much of Melbourne’s highlights, including restaurants, bars, art galleries and museums. What’s more, many rooms and suites look out over the F...
Sitting pretty in the heart of Melbourne’s sparkling Central Business District, the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins certainly looks the part with reliable guestrooms, spacious suites and plenty of onsite facilities. While here you’ll be just moments from: Federation Square the Princess Theatre, Melbourne Museum and Melbourne Arts Centre with plenty more local landmarks, lots of restaurants, shoppi...
The lavishly appointed and opulent Crown Towers Melbourne sits on the South Bank of the Yarra River, directly across from the city centre, and forms part of Melbourne’s Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex. The hotel offers 481 extravagantly designed rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows offering panoramic Port Phillip Bay or city views. For some of the most breath-taking views consider the Premie...
The distinctive and decorative Romanesque Revival-style façade of Hotel Lindrum is reflective of the architecture of Flinders Street and Flinders Lane during its heyday. The building has a long and colourful history; formerly owned by Melbourne tea merchants the Griffiths Brothers, the building was a store and salesroom for teas, coffee and cocoa. In the 1920s much of Flinders Street was occupied...
The hotel’s design is inspired by ‘The Lanes’ 1880s to 1920s warehouses and the thriving garment trade of Flinders Lane, which is now home to boutique designer stores, loft apartments and trendy hotels. Melbourne is undoubtedly Australia’s most creative city; this is evident in the area surrounding QT Melbourne and even within the hotel, where you’ll discover an eclectic collection of artwork on d...
- Indulge on premium wines during your Swan Valley Food & Wine Tour in Perth
- Spend a spectacular day exploring the Great Barrier Reef during your cruise
- Watch the sunrise at the stunning Kata Tjuta
- Join a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House
- Find a high vantage point or take a cruise out from Jervis Bay to spot dolphins and whales (whales migrate through Jervis Bay late May to late November)
- Visit charming unspoiled seaside towns en-route such as Batemans Bay, Narooma and Lakes Entrance
- Follow one of the national parks hiking trails through lush forests, along secluded beaches while trying to spot native wildlife such as echidnas and emus
- Watch Phillip Island's little penguins return to their burrows at night
- Take in the dramatic landscapes of rolling hills and rugged coastline on one of Australia's most scenic drives
- Discover this magical island with its unique scenery and abundance of wildlife including seals, kangaroos, koalas and echidnas
- Discover the island's wildlife - sea lions, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and if you are lucky even echidnas and goannas
- Cruise around Sydney's spectacular harbour on a 52-foot motor yacht and explore the beautiful Blue Mountains on a small group tour
- Take a cruise around the Whitsundays, relax on the soft white sands of Whitehaven Beach
- Snorkel over the mesmerising Great Barrier Reef and explore the ancient rainforests of Daintree National park and Cape Tribulation
A slick spa, Club Level rooms, epic views and a hop, skip and a jump into the centre of Melbourne makes The Langham an excellent choice for visitors to this great city. Located in the heart of the Southbank Promenade, the city’s arts and leisure district, this upscale hotel on the banks of the Yarra River boasts sweeping views of the Melbourne skyline. This means guests are only a short walk from...
Find out more in our blog...
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details