Australia’s largest state promises spectacular landscapes and the dazzling city of Perth, but there’s plenty more hidden gems to discover here…
Taking up almost a whole third of the continent, the state of Western Australia is huge; in fact, if it was its own country it would be the tenth biggest country in the world - larger than India!
There are lots of superlatives to be discovered here. Ningaloo Reef is the world’s largest fringing reef, and Perth is the sunniest state capital, with an annual average of 8.8 hours a day. Elsewhere in the state, you’ll also be able to explore the country’s largest stretch of outback and walk along the whitest sand in Australia at Lucky Bay.
Perth offers a relaxed atmosphere, and combines a sleek and modern skyline with plenty of beautiful flora and fauna; the leafy and vast Kings Park is actually bigger than New York’s iconic Central Park and is the perfect green oasis in the heart of the city.
If you’re visiting between July and November, you might be in with a chance to spot some of the 35,000 whales that migrate past Western Australia’s shores each year. Elsewhere, explore Victorian and Edwardian architecture in Fremantle, enjoy a relaxing afternoon of wine tasting in the Margaret River region, or discover some of this region’s incredible marine wildlife at Monkey Mia. For some of the most breathtaking natural views and in the world, head to the Kimberley region and admire rugged scenery, desert landscapes and spectacular rivers.
To start planning your bespoke getaway to Western Australia, speak to a Travel Specialist for a tailor-made quote.
- Spend three nights aboard the iconic Indian Pacific train travelling across contrasting landscapes from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific
- Enjoy views of Sydney's spectacular harbour from your Full Harbour View Room at Four Seasons Sydney Hotel
- Travel through Australia's Red Centre from Adelaide to Darwin on your two-night Ghan railway adventure
- Take in sweeping views of Perth's skyline from Kings Park or wander through Fremantle's historic streets
- Sample some of Australia's finest wines in the Margaret River region or explore underground caverns at Ngilgi Caves
- Drive through karri forests, follow the rugged southern coastline and in to the remote outback
- Wander through thousands of limestone spires formed over millions of years at the Pinnacles Desert
- Witness the beauty of this area from the air on a flight to Cape Leveque
- Marvel at the fascinating beehive shaped domes from the air on a flight over the mystical Bungle Bungles
- Explore the wetlands and Aboriginal rock art of Kakadu National Park from Wildman Wilderness Lodge
- Wander through a desert of mystical limestone pinnacles said to have formed 25, 000 years ago
- Explore the rugged terrain and spectacular gorges of Kalbarri National Park
- Witness sociable dolphins swim close to the shore and try to spot turtles and manta rays swim by
- Stroll along Broome's pristine Cable Beach and watch spectacular sun sets over the Indian Ocean
- Witness breathtaking sunsets over the Indian Ocean from Broome's Cable Beach
- Drive the remote unsealed tracks along the Gibb River Road visiting stunning gorges, waterfalls and outback towns
- Explore some of the 700,000 acres of El Questro Wilderness Park on an optional cruise or 4WD adventure
- Discover the mystical beehive shaped Bungle Bungles in Purnululu National Park
- Indulge on premium wines during your Swan Valley Food & Wine Tour in Perth
- Spend a spectacular day exploring the Great Barrier Reef during your cruise
- Watch the sunrise at the stunning Kata Tjuta
- Join a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House
The safari experience so synonymous with Africa holidays has landed in Australia thanks to El Questro Homestead, a boutique hotel supplying luxurious touches and unforgettable nature experiences in equal measure. Make the journey to Western Australia’s stunning northern region, The Kimberley, and be rewarded with some of the country’s most astonishing landscapes. The Homestead at El Questro is fou...
Stay in the lap of luxury at The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, a sumptuous haven specialising in impeccable service and indulgent amenities. There’s an outdoor infinity pool that’s prime for cooling off while gazing out over the Swan River, and a holistic spa offering a range of treatments as well as hydrotherapy experiences. A gym with yoga studio also features here, and there’s an exclusive Ritz-Carlton ...
If you’re someone who craves authentic travel experiences, loves getting under the skin of lesser-known locations and also happens to like the finer things in life; then look no further than the luxurious True North Cruise in Western Australia. This sleek, intimate vessel has great credentials – 164ft, 18 cabins, a crew of 22 and cruising speed of 14 knots – with her best asset being the ability t...
QT Perth builds on the QT brand’s renowned reputation for luxurious settings, flawless design, and quirky hospitality. If you’re looking for your stay in Perth to be both glamourous and effortlessly cool, this designer hotel is the only choice. With a focus on art and design, this hotel offers a personalised guest experience, unforgettable dining, and a signature touch of QT charm. Perfect for mod...
Find out more in our blog...
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Which One&Only Resort Should You Visit This Year?
When it comes to holidays, everyone's looking for something different. The One&Only Resorts portfol...Joanne - July, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details