This laid-back beach resort town is the perfect place to explore Australia’s natural wonders…
Formerly a pearling town, Broome offers stunning beachfront, sparkling Indian Ocean waters and easy access to all the wonders of the Kimberley Region.
Situated on Western Australia’s northern coast, the town is famous for its Cable Beach, a pristine 22km stretch of sand. While relaxing on the beach and listening to the waves is inviting, there’s plenty more to discover here.
History and geology enthusiasts can explore one of the world’s most fascinating collections of dinosaur footprints at Gantheaume, while wildlife fans can take to the water on a dolphin spotting cruise. Broome’s waters are home to the largest known population of rare snubfin dolphins. Discover Broome’s fascinating history on a pearl farm cruise or on a walking tour with a local Aboriginal guide. There’s also an excellent dining scene to be explored here, with plenty of local and international flavours on offer.
Whether you use Broome as a stylish base for your Western Australian adventure, or come here to walk in the steps of dinosaurs, marvel at pearls and sink your toes into the soft sand, you’re guaranteed amazing adventures. Broome is an excellent addition to an Australia multi-centre holiday or is perfect in its own right as the gateway to the Kimberleys and a beautiful beach destination.
Why not add a stop in Broome to your bespoke Australia holiday? Get in touch with our team to start planning.
Immerse yourself in Western Australia’s striking wilderness at Eco Beach Resort on Kimberley’s dramatic coastline. The resort lies 75 miles south of Broome, ideally situated for those that are seeking the ultimate outback and remote experience, yet conveniently only a 90-minutes' drive from the nearest airport. The resort comprises 25 luxurious Eco Villas and 30 Eco Glamping Tents, plus two be...
The only Resort in Broome overlooking spectacular Cable Beach is the multi award winning Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa. Set in over 23 acres of lush gardens, in which charming wallabies roam freely. The property’s enviable location also offers direct access to Western Australia’s famed and utterly picturesque Cable Beach. Cable Beach Club comprises 225 rooms, including sleek studios, classic Br...
- Marvel at the amazing colours as you watch the sun set over the Cockburn Range
- After getting up close, enjoy a whole new perspective on the impressive Mitchell Falls on a helicopter ride
- Discover endlessly beautiful landscapes, from cascading waterfalls and natural pools to ancient rock art
- Wander through thousands of limestone spires formed over millions of years at the Pinnacles Desert
- Witness the beauty of this area from the air on a flight to Cape Leveque
- Marvel at the fascinating beehive shaped domes from the air on a flight over the mystical Bungle Bungles
- Explore the wetlands and Aboriginal rock art of Kakadu National Park from Wildman Wilderness Lodge
- Wander through a desert of mystical limestone pinnacles said to have formed 25, 000 years ago
- Explore the rugged terrain and spectacular gorges of Kalbarri National Park
- Witness sociable dolphins swim close to the shore and try to spot turtles and manta rays swim by
- Stroll along Broome's pristine Cable Beach and watch spectacular sun sets over the Indian Ocean
- Witness breathtaking sunsets over the Indian Ocean from Broome's Cable Beach
- Drive the remote unsealed tracks along the Gibb River Road visiting stunning gorges, waterfalls and outback towns
- Explore some of the 700,000 acres of El Questro Wilderness Park on an optional cruise or 4WD adventure
- Discover the mystical beehive shaped Bungle Bungles in Purnululu National Park
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Which One&Only Resort Should You Visit This Year?
When it comes to holidays, everyone's looking for something different. The One&Only Resorts portfol...Joanne - July, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Top Tourist Attractions in Australia
The top tourist attractions in Australia come in all shapes and sizes! With history, arts, dining a...Other Shores Team - January, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details