New Zealand’s ‘City of Sails’ is a vibrant mix of high-rise buildings, a sparkling waterfront, a thriving culinary scene and an array of great activities.
Whether you climb to the top of the city’s iconic Sky Tower or head down to admire the yachts with a drink in hand at the Viaduct Harbour, you’re sure to find a wealth of amazing experiences in Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city.
The city’s mix of cosmopolitan sophistication, laid-back atmosphere and the vast, picturesque waterfront make it a unique destination, and one that offers something for every visitor. There’s a great selection of shops, boutiques and fashionable eateries that are perfect for whiling away a few hours, or simply enjoy an afternoon strolling along the waterfront. Waiheke Island is just a half-hour ferry ride away from Auckland and offers white sand beaches, great watersports, scenic walking trails and fantastic vineyards. The city enjoys a mild climate year-round, perfect for enjoying a dolphin-spotting cruise or sailing on a former America’s Cup yacht!
More adventurous visitors can try bungee-jumping from the Harbour Bridge or take an exhilarating jet boat ride, while a more relaxing afternoon can be spent cruising around the harbour and visiting the seaside village of Devonport. Explore local history and heritage at the beautiful Auckland War Memorial Museum, which houses the largest collection of Maori artefacts in the world.
Fans of the Lord of the Rings books and films can take a day trip to Hobbiton and walk in the footsteps of Frodo Baggins!
With such a variety of things to do and with the sparkling harbour as a backdrop, Auckland is a great place to start your New Zealand adventure.
With an ideal location in between the stylish Wynyard Quarter and Auckland’s famous Viaduct Harbour, this hotel offers chic accommodation, incredibly attentive service and plenty of top-class amenities. The perfect base for exploring the city, you’ll find Auckland’s main Queen Street just a 20-minute walk away, and the fascinating Maritime Museum just a stroll along the waterfront. The hotel itse...
The Hilton Auckland is a stylish hotel ideally located right on the harbour. This waterfront location and the city’s sailing heritage – Auckland is known as the City of Sails and is famous for hosting the America’s Cup – is reflected in the hotel’s nautically themed modern décor. The entire hotel is light and airy thanks to an abundance of window walls, which also make the most of the fantastic ...
The SkyCity Grand Hotel is part of Auckland’s SkyCity complex, which means guests have an array of top-class dining and entertainment options on their doorstep, including 15 restaurants, 8 bars and the SkyCity Casino. Next door, the monumental Sky Tower offers spectacular views over the city. The hotel’s location means guests will find Auckland’s art and culture venue, the Aotea Centre, nearby, a...
- Discover the diversity of New Zealand's North Island, from the rolling farmlands and beautiful waters of the Bay of Islands to the volcanic landscapes of Rotorua and winelands of Hawkes Bay
- Join a guided walk through the Franz Josef valley right up to the glacier terminus
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the spectacular Dart River in Mount Aspiring National Park
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Milford Sound on a nature cruise around this pristine fjord
- Create the perfect family holiday by adding exciting and inspiring experiences from a comprehensive selection
- Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from Lord of the Rings film trilogy
- Add unique experiences such as bungee jumping, jet boating or stargazing
- Enjoy locally produced specialty foods, succulent fresh New Zealand oysters, and award-winning olive oil on Waiheke Island
- Discover flavoursome white wines and full bodied red wines of New Zealand's Hawkes Bay region
- Cycle through the vineyards of the south island's Marlborough wine region
- Take a tour through New Zealand’s largest underground wine cave and enjoy a gourmet wine barrel-cooked lunch with matching wines
- Small group tour visiting both North and South Island highlights with knowledgeable local guides
- Tranz Alpine Express rail journey through the south island's Canterbury Plains and spectacular Southern Alps
- Sail through the outstandingly beautiful fiordland's Milford Sound
- Discover Rotorua's geothermal fields, mud pools, geysers and volcanoes
- Soak up the Bay of Islands natural beauty, sail around the bay and discover some of the 144 islands and secluded bays
- Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set, the bucolic setting featured in the Peter Jackson directed films, The Lord of the Rings and the 'Hobbit' Trilogies
- Discover New Zealand's geothermal pools, geysers , lakes and volcanoes in Rotorua and Tongariro National Park
- Explore Hawkes Bay with its Albatross sanctuary, art deco architecture of Napier and boutique wineries
Takatu Lodge & Vineyard is a boutique retreat in Matakana Wine Country, with just four exclusive individually designed suites overlooking Lake Matakana from its slightly elevated perch, meaning panoramic views that can be enjoyed out on the terrace or through huge floor-to-ceiling windows, in each of the rooms. And in pleasant contrast to that remote countryside setting, Takatu Lodge & Vineyard is...
Step inside Hotel DeBrett and find a rainbow of colour, artworks and ornaments, as striped carpets lead up spiral staircases and walls are peppered with paintings, pictures and knick-knacks alike. This style-conscious boutique bolthole, near Auckland harbour and the trendy outlets of Queen Street, fits right into its upmarket Central Business District surrounds. There’s also a fun lobby area and...
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details