Known for amazing natural sights and geothermal activity, Rotorua also offers visitors a fascinating insight into Maori culture.
Rotorua offers visitors to New Zealand a chance to glimpse some of the country’s best natural attractions and take in traditional Maori culture.
Here you can enjoy mountain-biking adventures, scenic hikes and exhilarating white water rafting, or visit some of the incredible geothermal sites in the area. Thrill-seekers may want to visit the Kaituna River and the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world or try their hand at one of the many other adventure activities available here, from zorbing to luging – both of which started in New Zealand!
While fans of the Lord of the Rings series shouldn’t miss a visit to Hobbiton, where a guide will take you through the picturesque set used in the films.
Rotorua is known for its strong Maori culture, which is on display throughout the city. To get an authentic experience, we recommend a visit to Ohinemutu, where visitors are welcome to wander through the village and learn about the traditional ways of life of the Ngati Whakaue tribe who live here. A ‘must visit’ is the Wai-o-Tapu Thermal Wonderland – spend the afternoon wandering past bubbling mud pools, steaming geysers and gigantic volcanic craters.
This boutique hotel offers a range of high-quality facilities in the heart of Rotorua, conveniently located for exploring the city’s attractions. Alongside the heated outdoor pool, guests can also relax in the thermal mineral pool or work out in the mini-gym. The Regent Room Restaurant & Wine Bar offers a sophisticated à la carte menu and a range of tapas style sharing plates in contemporary and ...
- Discover the diversity of New Zealand's North Island, from the rolling farmlands and beautiful waters of the Bay of Islands to the volcanic landscapes of Rotorua and winelands of Hawkes Bay
- Join a guided walk through the Franz Josef valley right up to the glacier terminus
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the spectacular Dart River in Mount Aspiring National Park
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Milford Sound on a nature cruise around this pristine fjord
- Create the perfect family holiday by adding exciting and inspiring experiences from a comprehensive selection
- Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from Lord of the Rings film trilogy
- Add unique experiences such as bungee jumping, jet boating or stargazing
- Enjoy locally produced specialty foods, succulent fresh New Zealand oysters, and award-winning olive oil on Waiheke Island
- Discover flavoursome white wines and full bodied red wines of New Zealand's Hawkes Bay region
- Cycle through the vineyards of the south island's Marlborough wine region
- Take a tour through New Zealand’s largest underground wine cave and enjoy a gourmet wine barrel-cooked lunch with matching wines
A sanctuary and haven with scenic views set in 2,500 acres of secluded, 800-year old virgin forest and game reserve, Treetops offers a ‘sophisticated safari’. With an unparalleled range of activities and exhilarating experiences at the doorstep, including 7 trout streams, 4 lakes, 70 kilometres of hiking, mountain bike and horse riding trails for guests to enjoy whilst amongst the tranquillity an...
An intimate property set on the edge of Lake Tarawera in a quiet secluded location, Solitaire Lodge is ideally situated for exploring nearby Rotorua and this geothermal wonderland of steaming lakes and bubbling hot pools, which is also the heartland of Maori culture. The luxury property has only 10 luxury suites all with sweeping views of the lake and nearby volcano through the large lake view win...
- Soak up the Bay of Islands natural beauty, sail around the bay and discover some of the 144 islands and secluded bays
- Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set, the bucolic setting featured in the Peter Jackson directed films, The Lord of the Rings and the 'Hobbit' Trilogies
- Discover New Zealand's geothermal pools, geysers , lakes and volcanoes in Rotorua and Tongariro National Park
- Explore Hawkes Bay with its Albatross sanctuary, art deco architecture of Napier and boutique wineries
- Small group tour visiting both North and South Island highlights with knowledgeable local guides
- Tranz Alpine Express rail journey through the south island's Canterbury Plains and spectacular Southern Alps
- Sail through the outstandingly beautiful fiordland's Milford Sound
- Discover Rotorua's geothermal fields, mud pools, geysers and volcanoes
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details