Truly the scenic wonderland of New Zealand, it's easy to run out of superlatives when describing an island relatively sparsely populated by man but with an abundance of breathtaking natural gems.
The spectacular Southern Alps run down the spine of the South Island; to their east the patchworked agricultural landscape of the Canterbury plains, the 'english' city of Christchurch and the renowned whale-watching base of Kaikoura; at their heart, the alpine glories of Aoraki Mount Cook National Park.
The rugged West Coast is hemmed between the Tasman Sea and the imposing mountain chain, making for spectacular contrasts in the surrounding scenery and creating fabulous opportunities for once in a lifetime experiences, such as a helicopter flight up onto the Franz Josef Glacier followed by a guided hike through the glacial ice formations.
The less populated of the two islands, it’s easy to run out of superlatives when describing a place with such a wealth of breathtaking natural wonders. The spectacular Southern Alps run down the spine of the South Island; to their east, the patch worked agricultural landscape of the Canterbury plains, the ‘English’ city of Christchurch and the renowned whale watching base of Kaikoura; at their heart, the alpine glories of Aoraki Mount Cook National Park. The rugged West Coast is hemmed between the Tasman Sea and the imposing mountain chain with fabulous opportunities for once in a lifetime experiences, such as a helicopter flight onto the Franz Josef Glacier. Queenstown’s reputation as the adventure capital of New Zealand is well founded, but it’s also a fantastic ski resort too. Off the beaten track there’s nearby Wanaka, a picture postcard lakeside setting with a reputation for tranquillity.
Neighbouring Fiordland’s enchanting glacier cut valleys, cascading waterfalls and ancient forests should be on your ‘to do’ list and the scenic flight back from Milford Sound to Queenstown, over lakes, mountains, waterfalls and forests will take your breath away. Finally, the sunshine rich town of Blenheim is the ideal base from which to explore the vineyards of Marlborough and sample a sauvignon blanc or two.
- Small group tour visiting both North and South Island highlights with knowledgeable local guides
- Tranz Alpine Express rail journey through the south island's Canterbury Plains and spectacular Southern Alps
- Sail through the outstandingly beautiful fiordland's Milford Sound
- Discover Rotorua's geothermal fields, mud pools, geysers and volcanoes
Blanket Bay lodge lives and breathes the wild New Zealand landscape in which it sits, perched on the shores of Lake Wakatipu with views of Mount Earnslaw on one side and the Humboldt Mountain Range the other. And though the small town of Glenorchy is just a few minutes away, your time at Blanket Bay feels as remote and intimate as any boutique South Island experience. Away from the blissful luxury...
- Discover the diversity of New Zealand's North Island, from the rolling farmlands and beautiful waters of the Bay of Islands to the volcanic landscapes of Rotorua and winelands of Hawkes Bay
- Join a guided walk through the Franz Josef valley right up to the glacier terminus
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the spectacular Dart River in Mount Aspiring National Park
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Milford Sound on a nature cruise around this pristine fjord
- Create the perfect family holiday by adding exciting and inspiring experiences from a comprehensive selection
- Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from Lord of the Rings film trilogy
- Add unique experiences such as bungee jumping, jet boating or stargazing
- Enjoy locally produced specialty foods, succulent fresh New Zealand oysters, and award-winning olive oil on Waiheke Island
- Discover flavoursome white wines and full bodied red wines of New Zealand's Hawkes Bay region
- Cycle through the vineyards of the south island's Marlborough wine region
- Take a tour through New Zealand’s largest underground wine cave and enjoy a gourmet wine barrel-cooked lunch with matching wines
Found just steps away from the banks of enchanting Lake Wakatipu, the award-winning Eichardt’s is as much a part of the scenery in Queenstown as the snow-capped tips of the Remarkable Mountains that hem the town. With an outstanding reputation to match its heritage, Eichardt’s has been welcoming guests for generations; while this town has expanded dramatically over the last 20 years, Eichardt’s Pr...
A mere ten-minute drive from Queenstown, Matakauri Lodge is a luxurious haven of a hotel poised above Lake Wakatipu, looking across to jaw-dropping mountains: The Remarkables, Cecil and Walter Peaks. Matakauri Lodge makes the most of this lakeside perch by granting far-reaching views of the glistening water and majestic mountains through wide glass windows, whether in the dining room, guest lounge...
Retaining all the regal splendour it would have displayed back in 1895 when the property was built, Otahuna Lodge is, in fact, less a lodge, more a bewitching country mansion surrounded by fairytale gardens and timeless mountain views. Step inside and you’ll be transported back 100 years in this, one of New Zealand’s premier luxury properties and certainly one of the more unique Christchurch hotel...
This five-star hotel is on the doorstep of many of Christchurch’s best attractions, and yet retains a peaceful and secluded atmosphere for guests. The hotel is the only one in the city to feature one staff member per guest, and as such, excellent and attentive service is guaranteed. A member of the exclusive Small Luxury Hotels of the World group, the hotel offers plush accommodation with top-cla...
- Enjoy a full day excursion into the heart of Milford Sound
- Join a Shotover River experience for a thrilling jet boat ride in the canyon
- Be amazed by the spectacular views of Franz Josef Glacier
- Admire the spectacular mountain scenery onboard the Tranz Alpine train
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details