Visit Christchurch for a suitably laidback and gentrified city stay.
With its Botanical Gardens and blossoming Hagley Park to enjoy during summer, or skiing the slopes in winter, as well as Whale-watching trips around nearby Kaikoura, tea houses, country walks and wine tours, plus the obligatory adrenaline sports of jet boating and skydiving, of course, you'll have plenty to do.
Coastal Christchurch is certainly a place to enjoy life at a leisurely pace, as although there’s a great mix of biking trails around wider Canterbury, waterfall treks, rafting, jet boat tours and the fun-filled zip-lines of Christchurch Adventure Park, the city itself offers something altogether different.
Here, time is best spent wandering around the city’s Botanical Gardens and other green spaces, perhaps punting down the River Avon, visiting a Christchurch food market, taking a spa day or admiring the views from the Christchurch Gondola and top of Mount Cavendish.
There are bohemian cafés and bars to lose yourself in for an afternoon too, as well as a thriving art scene and clutch of museums, even an urban wildlife reserve at Willowbank where Kiwi birds and Maori performances can both be admired.
For movie buffs, Christchurch is also a great base to hop off on a Lord of the Rings tour, or you could take the scenic TranzAlpine rail journey to Greymouth once you’ve had your fill of culture, street art, good food and the wine tours that Canterbury is loved for.
This five-star hotel is on the doorstep of many of Christchurch’s best attractions, and yet retains a peaceful and secluded atmosphere for guests. The hotel is the only one in the city to feature one staff member per guest, and as such, excellent and attentive service is guaranteed. A member of the exclusive Small Luxury Hotels of the World group, the hotel offers plush accommodation with top-cla...
This all-suite hotel offers unique and tranquil accommodation in the heart of Christchurch. With picture-perfect Hagley Park on its doorstep, Hotel Montreal offers guests plenty of outdoor spaces for relaxing, admiring the views and even playing a game or two of croquet. The sheltered courtyard is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of New Zealand’s finest and indulge in a pizza from the wood-fire...
- Discover the diversity of New Zealand's North Island, from the rolling farmlands and beautiful waters of the Bay of Islands to the volcanic landscapes of Rotorua and winelands of Hawkes Bay
- Join a guided walk through the Franz Josef valley right up to the glacier terminus
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the spectacular Dart River in Mount Aspiring National Park
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Milford Sound on a nature cruise around this pristine fjord
- Create the perfect family holiday by adding exciting and inspiring experiences from a comprehensive selection
- Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from Lord of the Rings film trilogy
- Add unique experiences such as bungee jumping, jet boating or stargazing
- Enjoy locally produced specialty foods, succulent fresh New Zealand oysters, and award-winning olive oil on Waiheke Island
- Discover flavoursome white wines and full bodied red wines of New Zealand's Hawkes Bay region
- Cycle through the vineyards of the south island's Marlborough wine region
- Take a tour through New Zealand’s largest underground wine cave and enjoy a gourmet wine barrel-cooked lunch with matching wines
- Small group tour visiting both North and South Island highlights with knowledgeable local guides
- Tranz Alpine Express rail journey through the south island's Canterbury Plains and spectacular Southern Alps
- Sail through the outstandingly beautiful fiordland's Milford Sound
- Discover Rotorua's geothermal fields, mud pools, geysers and volcanoes
- Enjoy a full day excursion into the heart of Milford Sound
- Join a Shotover River experience for a thrilling jet boat ride in the canyon
- Be amazed by the spectacular views of Franz Josef Glacier
- Admire the spectacular mountain scenery onboard the Tranz Alpine train
Retaining all the regal splendour it would have displayed back in 1895 when the property was built, Otahuna Lodge is, in fact, less a lodge, more a bewitching country mansion surrounded by fairytale gardens and timeless mountain views. Step inside and you’ll be transported back 100 years in this, one of New Zealand’s premier luxury properties and certainly one of the more unique Christchurch hotel...
- Explore the quaint villages and secluded beach of the Bay of Islands
- Visit Rotorua’s volcanic and geothermal attractions
- Take a tour of Pukaha Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre with a park ranger and learn more about New Zealand’s unique flora and fauna
- Enjoy the pristine coastline on a private cruise in the Abel Tasman National Park
- Enjoy a scenic flight and cruise of Milford Sound
- Take a helicopter flight over the Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers
- Join the mail run by boat around the beautiful Queen Charlotte Sound
- Visit three of Marlborough’s best wineries on a gentle cycling tour
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details