Truly the scenic wonderland of New Zealand, it's easy to run out of superlatives when describing an island relatively sparsely populated by man but with an abundance of breathtaking natural gems.
The spectacular Southern Alps run down the spine of the South Island; to their east the patchworked agricultural landscape of the Canterbury plains, the 'english' city of Christchurch and the renowned whale-watching base of Kaikoura; at their heart, the alpine glories of Aoraki Mount Cook National Park.
The rugged West Coast is hemmed between the Tasman Sea and the imposing mountain chain, making for spectacular contrasts in the surrounding scenery and creating fabulous opportunities for once in a lifetime experiences, such as a helicopter flight up onto the Franz Josef Glacier followed by a guided hike through the glacial ice formations.
The less populated of the two islands, it’s easy to run out of superlatives when describing a place with such a wealth of breathtaking natural wonders. The spectacular Southern Alps run down the spine of the South Island; to their east, the patch worked agricultural landscape of the Canterbury plains, the ‘English’ city of Christchurch and the renowned whale watching base of Kaikoura; at their heart, the alpine glories of Aoraki Mount Cook National Park. The rugged West Coast is hemmed between the Tasman Sea and the imposing mountain chain with fabulous opportunities for once in a lifetime experiences, such as a helicopter flight onto the Franz Josef Glacier. Queenstown’s reputation as the adventure capital of New Zealand is well founded, but it’s also a fantastic ski resort too. Off the beaten track there’s nearby Wanaka, a picture postcard lakeside setting with a reputation for tranquillity.
Neighbouring Fiordland’s enchanting glacier cut valleys, cascading waterfalls and ancient forests should be on your ‘to do’ list and the scenic flight back from Milford Sound to Queenstown, over lakes, mountains, waterfalls and forests will take your breath away. Finally, the sunshine rich town of Blenheim is the ideal base from which to explore the vineyards of Marlborough and sample a sauvignon blanc or two.
- Visit the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Enjoy the scenery of Milford Sound during your cruise
- Admire the crystal-clear Lake Wakatipu
- Be as active as you like in Queenstown, the adventure capital of New Zealand
- Enjoy a leisurely day at Christchurch, one of New Zealand’s historic cities
- Admire the spectacular turquoise glacial lake scenery of Lake Pukaki
- Take a kayaking excursion at the beautiful Milford Sound
- Visit Franz Josef Glacier – one of the steepest and most accessible glaciers
- Enjoy a full day excursion into the heart of Milford Sound
- Join a Shotover River experience for a thrilling jet boat ride in the canyon
- Be amazed by the spectacular views of Franz Josef Glacier
- Admire the spectacular mountain scenery onboard the Tranz Alpine train
- Discover the diversity of New Zealand's North Island, from the rolling farmlands and beautiful aqua blue waters of Bay of Islands to the volcanic landscapes and geothermal areas of Rotorua and winelands of Hawkes Bay
- Join a guided walk through the Franz Josef valley right up to the glacier terminus
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the spectacular Dart River in Mt Aspiring National Park
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Milford Sound on a nature cruise around this pristine Fjord
- Marvel at millions of glow worms on a boat ride through the Waitomo Caves.
- Enjoy a memorable night of Maori culture, song and dance followed by a traditional dinner.
- Ride the Skyline Queenstown Gondola and admire the views of Queenstown, Coronet Peak and The Remarkables mountains
- Near the end of your New Zealand adventure, relax and unwind in the Tekapo Hot Springs
- Experience the beauty and tranquillity of Marlborough Sounds on an afternoon cruise.
- Enjoy a tour and wine tasting at one of New Zealand’s oldest wineries.
- Ride the Skyline Gondola up Mount Ngongotaha for spectacular views.
- Enjoy seafood tasting matched with a glass of crisp Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
- Small group tour visiting both North & South Island highlights with knowledgeable local guides
- Tranz Alpine Express rail journey through the south island's Canterbury Plains and spectacular Southern Alps
- Sail through the outstandingly beautiful fiordland's Milford Sound
- Discover Rotorua's geothermal fields, mud pools, geysers and volcanoes
- Explore the quaint villages and secluded beach of the Bay of Islands
- Visit Rotorua’s volcanic and geothermal attractions
- Take a tour of Pukaha Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre with a park ranger and learn more about New Zealand’s unique flora and fauna
- Enjoy the pristine coastline on a private cruise in the Abel Tasman National Park
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details