Queenstown, nestled beside the stunning Lake Wakatipu, lies at the intersection of seriously jaw-dropping scenery in every direction.
While here, you’ll have easy access to Milford Sound, the Routeburn and Hollyford Tracks, Coronet Peak Ski Park, Lake Wanaka and Lake Hayes, Ben Lomond, Skippers Canyon, Glenorchy, the Wakatipu Basin and so much more.
These natural wonders that encompass Queenstown are an incredible feature of any visit, and although each is full of picture-perfect viewpoints, scenic forest trails and hiking routes, rivers, birdlife and remote areas to enjoy, let’s not forget that Queenstown is also famed for being the ‘adventure capital of the world’. As such, if you do have any adrenaline-packed adventures or experiences to tick off your bucket list – this is the place to do it!
Queenstown is known for its countless bungee jumping sites off bridges, over canyons or into valleys, as well as skydiving, white-water rafting or jet boating down the beautiful Shotover River, heli-tours, mountaineering and climbing, off-road biking that can be as extreme or relaxed as you like, go-karting, paragliding, kayaking and more besides. Of course, you could always opt for an afternoon at the spa or round of lakeside golf, for something a little more serene.
Queenstown really is a world leader of adventure sports and fun outdoor experiences, and with such gorgeous surrounding scenery, great nightlife and lots of restaurants to look forward to each evening, its legendary status as a must-see New Zealand stop is certainly justified.
- Small group tour visiting both North and South Island highlights with knowledgeable local guides
- Tranz Alpine Express rail journey through the south island's Canterbury Plains and spectacular Southern Alps
- Sail through the outstandingly beautiful fiordland's Milford Sound
- Discover Rotorua's geothermal fields, mud pools, geysers and volcanoes
Blanket Bay lodge lives and breathes the wild New Zealand landscape in which it sits, perched on the shores of Lake Wakatipu with views of Mount Earnslaw on one side and the Humboldt Mountain Range the other. And though the small town of Glenorchy is just a few minutes away, your time at Blanket Bay feels as remote and intimate as any boutique South Island experience. Away from the blissful luxury...
- Discover the diversity of New Zealand's North Island, from the rolling farmlands and beautiful waters of the Bay of Islands to the volcanic landscapes of Rotorua and winelands of Hawkes Bay
- Join a guided walk through the Franz Josef valley right up to the glacier terminus
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the spectacular Dart River in Mount Aspiring National Park
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Milford Sound on a nature cruise around this pristine fjord
- Create the perfect family holiday by adding exciting and inspiring experiences from a comprehensive selection
- Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from Lord of the Rings film trilogy
- Add unique experiences such as bungee jumping, jet boating or stargazing
- Enjoy locally produced specialty foods, succulent fresh New Zealand oysters, and award-winning olive oil on Waiheke Island
- Discover flavoursome white wines and full bodied red wines of New Zealand's Hawkes Bay region
- Cycle through the vineyards of the south island's Marlborough wine region
- Take a tour through New Zealand’s largest underground wine cave and enjoy a gourmet wine barrel-cooked lunch with matching wines
Found just steps away from the banks of enchanting Lake Wakatipu, the award-winning Eichardt’s is as much a part of the scenery in Queenstown as the snow-capped tips of the Remarkable Mountains that hem the town. With an outstanding reputation to match its heritage, Eichardt’s has been welcoming guests for generations; while this town has expanded dramatically over the last 20 years, Eichardt’s Pr...
A mere ten-minute drive from Queenstown, Matakauri Lodge is a luxurious haven of a hotel poised above Lake Wakatipu, looking across to jaw-dropping mountains: The Remarkables, Cecil and Walter Peaks. Matakauri Lodge makes the most of this lakeside perch by granting far-reaching views of the glistening water and majestic mountains through wide glass windows, whether in the dining room, guest lounge...
- Enjoy a full day excursion into the heart of Milford Sound
- Join a Shotover River experience for a thrilling jet boat ride in the canyon
- Be amazed by the spectacular views of Franz Josef Glacier
- Admire the spectacular mountain scenery onboard the Tranz Alpine train
- Explore the quaint villages and secluded beach of the Bay of Islands
- Visit Rotorua’s volcanic and geothermal attractions
- Take a tour of Pukaha Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre with a park ranger and learn more about New Zealand’s unique flora and fauna
- Enjoy the pristine coastline on a private cruise in the Abel Tasman National Park
- Enjoy a scenic flight and cruise of Milford Sound
- Take a helicopter flight over the Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers
- Join the mail run by boat around the beautiful Queen Charlotte Sound
- Visit three of Marlborough’s best wineries on a gentle cycling tour
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details