Colourful Antigua is the primary island of Antigua and Barbuda, known as Wadadli by indigenous Antiguans.
With just over 100 square miles of paradise (that’s only 11 miles wide and 14 long!), Antigua offers a diversity of landscapes to encapsulate every Caribbean dream.
A luxury Antigua holiday can mean all sorts. Whether you wish to retreat into Caribbean calm, relax on pristine sands sipping a cocktail, experience the colourful pastel hues of St John’s or go in search of the island’s diverse flora and fauna - above or below the waves. Of course, it can also mean visiting possibly the best rum bar in the Caribbean.
The best way to explore Antigua is by boat, whether dipping into isolated coves and bays, jumping overboard into refreshing waters or committing to full-on yacht life. But its waters are only the very beginning of what Antigua can offer to the discerning luxury traveller.
The remaining vibrant and cheery Creole buildings that welcome you to St John’s, the island’s capital, could be a metaphor for the Antiguan people you’re likely to meet. Explore the city’s cathedral, and the museum, to get a firm grip on the fascinating history of this island, colonial and beyond.
Nelson’s Dockyard is the perfect choice for a day trip. The original British naval base was Britain’s primary naval base for the whole north-eastern Caribbean.
The UNESCO-recognised heritage Georgian harbour is wonderfully atmospheric. A handful of bars, restaurants, workshops and museums sit alongside exclusive Antiguan hotels, catering to the sailing crowd who tend to dock here.
As Caribbean specialists, trust Inspiring Travel Company to help you discover the perfect Antiguan destination for you, booking you in for the Caribbean holiday of a lifetime.
Hotel of the Month
- Idyllic location - enjoy a crescent-shaped white sand beach with a backdrop of lush green rainforest
- The beach naturally splits into adult and family areas, with the Bay Suites and The Jetty Grill both adult-only
- Wide choice of activities, including watersports, yoga pavilion, 45 seat cinema and 9 tennis courts
- Diverse dining options including Japanese, Thai and Indonesian inspired cuisine at East
- Great kids' clubs and programmes for ages 6 months up to early teens
- Several freshwater pools, 3 secluded beach coves and lush, tropical gardens to relax in
- Flexible accommodation options with rooms, suites and 3 resort villas giving the option for up to 6 bedrooms
- Choose bed & breakfast or all-inclusive and dine across 4 restaurants and 4 bars
- Complimentary watersports include snorkelling and windsurfing, while on land there are regular yoga and Pilates classes
- Truly tranquil, car-free private island which you can explore on your complimentary bicycle
- Beautifully-appointed suites and villas, plus stunning Private Residences that are individually designed
- All-inclusive yet entirely a la carte, there’s exceptional cuisine ranging from fine dining to unique pop up experiences
- Watersports include guided snorkel and kayak tours, waterskiing, wakeboarding and round the island boat trips
- Cinema on the Beach offers classic big screen action complete with cocktails and popcorn
- All accommodation is never more than a few steps from the beach and rocky bluff
- Choice of two beaches; one with calm waters and the other a dramatic natural vista of waves rolling onto the shore
- Perfect for tennis lovers, the resort has four championship hard courts and world-class instructors
- Two complimentary dives per day for certified divers and courses for beginners (additional charge applies)
- Peaceful and private with a secluded location in tropical gardens, on a white sand beach
- Traditional, colonial-style décor accentuated by art from all over the world
- Fusion of Italian and Caribbean cuisine with many ingredients sourced from the hotel's own organic garden
- Complimentary water shuttle to Nelson's Dockyard from the hotel's private dock
Award-winning family-friendly hotel Blue Waters borders two beaches and is perfectly placed in a secluded cove, with over 17 acres of tropical gardens, making it the perfect luxury escape for anyone looking to get away from it all.
For calm and quiet Caribbean seclusion, head for Galley Bay, and the Galley Bay Resort and Spa. With idyllic white sands and turquoise waters to one side and a positive botanical garden of lush and verdant Caribbean plantlife (spotted with goats and the trills of Caribbean birdlife) to the other, this hotel is the epitome of quiet luxury, seclusion and retreat.
On the other side of the island is Hermitage Bay, a resort well-known for providing a haven for those looking to relax and rejuvenate and perfect for those seeking a romantic getaway.
If you are looking to Antigua for a family holiday, then Jumby Bay would be a good hotel, with its car-free island, it's a great destination for children to be well...children.
A day trip to Barbuda is a must for those with the time and energy for a little exploration - head to Frigate Bird Sanctuary off Barbuda’s north-west coast for the spectacular experience of one of the world’s largest colonies of frigate birds.
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details