Discover Luxury Holidays in Europe
From family getaways to beach escapes, city breaks, romantic hideaways and unforgettable adventures, our luxury holidays in Europe really do have it all. Offering incredible diversity, you can soak up the sun in the Mediterranean, explore ancient Roman ruins in Italy or even go island-hopping through Greece. Ideal for summer holidays, winter sun and weekend breaks, we’ll help find your perfect European holiday.
Where to Go on Holiday in Europe?
Whether you’re looking for the finest golf courses, family-friendly beaches or rolling vineyards, our top destinations in Europe offer the finest experiences. Find out more about them below.
- Loved by families, couples and friends, Greece is the perfect summer holiday destination. Whether island-hopping or staying put on the beach, you’re sure to find something to love.
- From short-haul escapes in Mallorca, to city breaks in Barcelona and winter sun in Tenerife, Spain offers it all. Relax on the beaches, taste some tapas and soak up the culture.
We'll tailor-make your luxury 5-star holiday in Europe
For many people, Europe really is the go-to holiday destination. But, here at Inspiring Travel Company, our holidays are anything but ordinary.
When you book with us, we make sure that every aspect of your holiday is tailored to perfection. So, whether you have your whole family in tow, want to arrange a secret surprise for a loved one or are celebrating a special occasion, you can trust us to make your holiday to Europe as perfect as you could ever wish.
Along with our hand-picked collections of luxurious hotels, resorts and private villas across the most sought-after destinations, you can speak to our Travel Specialists who will share their first-hand expertise with you. Whatever you want from your luxury holiday to Europe, we’ll help you find it.
Our Top Luxury Hotels & Resorts in Europe
From beachfront bliss to premium all-inclusives and fun-filled family getaways, explore our finest 5-star hotels and resorts for a luxury European holiday.
- A great selection of rooms, suites, villas and apartments available
- Family-friendly apartments offer easy access to all facilities
- Children can play in the pirate ship at Porto Pirate village or join the Junior Club
- Finesse your tennis skills at the premier courts of the Annabel Croft Tennis Academy
The Ritz-Carlton, Abama
- Pick up a bike and explore the area with tailored routes and GPS navigation
- Kids can enjoy music, sports, art and fitness at The Zone while parents relax
- Excellent selection of restaurants with flexible meal plans including Michelin-starred dining
- Take the private train down to the golden sands of The Beach Club
- Award-winning all-inclusive resort in Corfu with Blue Flag beach
- Enjoy seven hotel restaurants or try local cuisine with the dine-out programme
- Creche, Mini Club and Teens Club along with beachside childcare services
- Take a MINI Drive adventure and explore the island with your own car for the day
The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort
- Fantastic array of activities including yachting, PADI diving, mountain biking and climbing
- Enjoy butler service, private check-in and a private beach area when staying in a villa
- Two world-class signature golf courses with beautiful views
- Play on state-of-the-art courses and receive coaching at the Mouratoglou Tennis Centre
- Set in a secluded cove with a sheltered beach location
- The harbour town of Agios Nikolaos is a just 15-minute drive away
- Villa guests can enjoy private breakfast on their own terrace
- Take a sea excursion with a private skipper or a Land Rover through the rugged mountains
Vila Vita Parc
- Clifftop location with a secluded beach just steps away
- Complimentary shuttle to Nautica Beach Club offering an array of watersports
- Choose from 10 restaurants and six bars, including a wine cellar boasting over 11,000 bottles
- Unwind in the beautiful Vila Vita Spa by Sisley Paris with results-driven treatments
Puente Romano Marbella
- Prime location set between Puerto Banus and Marbella Old Town
- Lively evening atmosphere at La Plaza featuring the hotel’s bars and restaurants
- Enjoy massages and wellness rituals at the tranquil Six Senses Spa
- Relax on the beach which sits just a short walk across the promenade
- Escape to a low-rise bungalow nestled in the olive groves with sea or mountain views
- Set along a Blue Flag beach with shallow waters and plenty of sun lounger space
- Array of watersports and a PADI certified Scuba Diving Academy
- Kids can get active with Chelsea Football Academy and Bear Grylls Survival Academy
European Holiday Highlights
There are so many different ways to experience Europe. It’s famous across the world for being home to some of the most incredible historic sites, period architecture and invaluable artworks. For holidaymakers, the fabulous beaches, natural beauty and delicious food are a huge draw, too!
So, if you need some inspiration for your next trip to Europe, take a look at some of our top highlights below…
Europe's Famed Beach Holidays
Europe boasts some of the best, most beautiful beaches in the world. Along the sun-soaked south coast of Spain, France, Italy and Greece, you'll find everything from family-safe Blue Flag sands, to peaceful coves and undisturbed islets.
A classic European beach destination that never fails to draw in visitors, the beaches of Spain always delights. The Balearic Islands of Ibiza and Mallorca offer plenty to see and do around their sandy shores, while the Costa Del Sol is renowned for being bathed in sunshine almost year-round.
The Canary Islands also have a mild climate, making them great beach resorts outside of summer. Tenerife is a family favourite with wonderful golden sands to enjoy, among its famed black sand beaches created from volcanic rock.
If you're looking for beaches for your luxury Europe holiday, you’ll be spoiled for choice in Greece! Crete has some of Europe’s finest options around the Chania area, though many visitors take a daytrip to the beautiful Elafonisi in the south of the island.
Corfu offers some more idyllic options, especially if you explore the many bays and coves by boat. Halkidiki is famed for its natural beauty, beaches included, while Mykonos has some trendy spots with lively entertainment. For a more peaceful atmosphere, head off to Kos or Peloponnese.
It might be small, but Portugal easily has some of Europe’s best beaches. The Algarve region is warm, sunny and blessed with 88 Blue Flag beaches. The east side of the coastline is long and flat, making it ideal for family resorts. As you head west, the scenery becomes more impressive, with windswept red cliffs creating a beautiful backdrop to the golden sands.
Italy has plenty on offer for travellers of all kinds. But, its beaches certainly shouldn’t be overlooked. The ‘Emerald Coast’ of Sardinia is a highlight for a luxury holiday to Europe, with powdery white sands and glistening ocean views. Over on the Italian mainland, Puglia has the country’s longest stretch of coastline, with swathes of unspoiled shores to discover.
Not everyone goes on holiday to Europe to take it completely easy. There are some fantastic opportunities for adventures and discoveries, too.
Iceland & Northern Lights
The northern lights are perhaps one of Europe’s most spectacular natural phenomenon. While they can be the ultimate highlight during a visit to Iceland, there are so many other incredible things to see and do on this incredible island, too.
Aside from aurora borealis, you can delve into a magical landscape made up of staggering waterfalls, steaming geysers, sweeping glaciers and an array of other natural wonders.
Explorers will be in their element in Croatia and Montenegro. With a mountainous landscape and 13 incredible National Parks between them you can do everything from hiking and rock climbing to kayaking and scuba diving. Over in Turkey, you can get adrenaline pumping by canyoning in mountain gorges, kayaking over sunken ruins or even paragliding!
With warm, enticing waters making up Europe’s Mediterranean Basin, there's plenty to do out at sea. You can find wonderful snorkelling spots in Sardinia, Sicily, Crete and Cyprus, just to name a few. It’s also fabulous for sailing, with many visitors taking up the chance to go island-hopping through Greece or cruising a yacht through the French Riviera.
For sporty types, there's plenty to do on a holiday in Europe, too. There're some fantastic destinations for cycling, including Mallorca, Sardinia and Lanzarote. Golf fans will be itching to try out some renowned courses, such as Bay Course Costa Navarino in Greece and Monte Rei Golf & Country Club in Algarve.
Lapland's winter wonderland
Europe is home to the ultimate winter wonderland. In the north of Finland, Lapland is the perfect spot for an adventure in the snow – particularly for some family fun! With skiing, snowmobiling, sledding with huskies or reindeer and ice fishing, you can discover amazing National Parks and spot incredible wildlife, before warming up by your cosy fireplace.
Europe’s World Class City Breaks
The diverse cities of Europe have so much to offer for a holiday. With a multitude of cultures, histories and experiences on offer across the continent, travellers arrive from across the world for a city break in these exquisite destinations.
Florence & Venice
Italy has a host of cities to explore, but perhaps none as beautiful as Florence and Venice.
Both rich in history, you can admire architecture from centuries gone by, stopping to savour one of Italy’s famous coffees – or perhaps a glass of Italian wine, if you prefer. In Florence, marvel at the Piazza del Duomo, Renaissance masterpieces and potter around the chic boutiques. In Venice, glide the famous waterways and be carried away by the creativity of this unique European city.
Enjoy the best of both worlds with a European city break to Barcelona, which sits in its own beachfront. Colourful and cosmopolitan, wander the medieval streets, gaze in awe at the cathedral and be intrigued by Spain’s biggest collection of paintings by Pablo Picasso.
One of Europe’s most fascinating walled cities, the old town of Dubrovnik is one of Europe’s true gems. After immersing yourself in the history around you, take the cable car up Mount Srd to enjoy the stunning views, or journey the rocky coast on a kayak to look up at the city from the waters below.
One of the most famous cities for a luxury European holiday, Paris needs no introduction. Once you’re done eyeing the Eiffel Tower, exploring the streets and boulevards will reveal much more. Shoppers will be in their element in the designer boutiques and fashion stores, though you can’t leave without visiting world-renowned art galleries and sampling the fine cuisine.
Culture & History in Europe
From ancient empires to Renaissance artworks and classical music creations, Europe has a rich history and culture. The more you travel the continent, the more you will learn, as you admire the architecture, browse the world-class galleries and immerse yourself in each country’s own way of life.
Europe birthed some of the most important and powerful ancient civilisations in the world. Amazingly, we can even still see the remains of their empires today.
In Greece, there are numerous archaeological sites where you can see structures dating back to the first century. Athens is home to some of the most remarkable remains, including the impressive Acropolis, and is a fabulous spot for a luxury holiday in Europe.
Then, there is the Roman Empire. Today, everyday life in Rome literally rubs shoulders with some of the best-preserved ruins in the world. From the infamous Colosseum to the Pantheon and Roman Forum, history lovers will be over the moon.
World-famous museums & fine art
There are so many prestigious museums and art galleries to discover when on holiday in Europe, it’s hard to know where to begin! One of the most recognised is the Louvre in Paris, home to the Mona Lisa among numerous other historic treasures.
In Florence, the Uffizi Gallery is a piece of history itself, housing some of the art world’s greatest paintings in its 16th century building. Of course, Rome is bursting with history, though the Vatican Museums hold an immense collection of religious artefacts, too. In Venice, a visit to the Doge’s Palace is a must, showing off exemplary Gothic architecture and revealing the secrets of the 1,000-year Venetian Republic within its walls.
Savour European Cuisine
When on holiday in Europe, getting stuck into the local cuisine is sure to be a highlight, wherever you visit!
You've probably already tried some of Europe’s traditional cuisine at home – pizza, pasta and paella often pop up on our own menus. But, you haven’t experienced it in all its glory until you’ve tried it in its homeland, complete with the freshest local ingredients.
Across coastal areas, seafood is a huge European staple. In Greece, fresh fish and shellfish are caught daily, served up alongside juicy tomatoes and feta cheese. In Spain, you won’t be able to resist digging into some tapas menus, either.
However, it's France that is so well known for its fine wine and cuisine. From fresh baguettes and delicate pastries to famous ratatouille and coq au vin, your taste buds are sure to be in for a treat.
Find out more in our blog...
Where to Go in Europe in September
As the summer starts to fade away many of us start wondering where to go in Europe in September. Wi...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Back to School! Learning Experiences Around the World
Schools have been in the news a lot recently. All controversy aside, getting the kids learning agai...Nick - July, 2021
Where to Find The Best Beaches in Europe
With so much stunning coastline to explore, listing the top beaches in Europe is no easy task. ...Jack - July, 2021