From the grand architecture of its romantic capital, to the exclusive destinations of its southern coast, France is the birthplace of chic, and a perfect choice for short-haul luxury.
One of the many things that France does well, is luxury holidays. You could find yourself kicking back on the French Riviera, delving into cultural delights in Paris, or breathing in the fresh air atop a dramatic hillside in Provence.
Sumptuous boltholes, picture-perfect vistas and iconic sights are just part and parcel of the landscape here in glorious France, giving you ample opportunity to create a tailor-made trip that matches all your whims and fancies.
Paris is a city hot on the wish list of any curious traveller. Known for its romance, art, fashion and culture, there’s more than one way to spend your days during your time here. Climbing the Eiffel Tower, ogling gargoyles at Notre Dame, or soaking up the world-class treasures housed in museums like the Louvre are just some of the options sure to titillate.
Gastronomic adventures are assured across the city’s eateries, spanning the many Michelin-starred restaurants like L'Arpège, to the humble, traditional bistro. And if you’re after a sublime, artsy, urban hotel, places like Le Bristol will please beyond measure.
From the hustle and bustle of Paris to the sedate seclusion of the hills, Provence brings you dizzying views and a chance to get a lungful of feel-good fresh air. The snow-capped Alps are the ultimate destination for avid skiers throughout the year, and the countryside spreads right across to the dazzling Cote d’Azur with its sandy beaches and glorious sunshine.
Dotted with dreamlike historic hamlets and home to Europe’s greatest canyon, there’s more than one kind of holiday to be had in this expansive region. To give you a flavour of what’s on offer, hotels include those like the super-smart Terre Blanche Hotel Spa Golf Resort complete with soaring views.
For anyone looking for old-world glam, laidback vibes and supreme luxury, the French Riviera ticks every box. Elegant retreats like the Royal Riviera will leave you feeling godly from the moment you step through the doors. Hop from sophisticated spots like Cannes, Nice and Monte Carlo, or simply lay back on the nearest beach and allow the warm sunshine to soothe away your worldly worries.
Unique in its history and culture, crammed with must-see sights and blessed with idyllic green spaces, towering mountains, and postcard worthy beaches, France offers the kind of holiday that’s hard to beat.
Thanks to Inspiring Travel Company’s team, we have the best, stylish hideaways to round off every detail of your trip to perfection, including tailor made packages, tours and itineraries.
For a big dose of inspiration, take a look at our hotels and villas in France to see how you could be spending your next break. Or contact one of our team now to discover the possibilities and plan your personalised trip.
Only 15 minutes from the style and splendor of St Tropez, holiday home to the Hollywood stars, is the serene and stunning Lily of the Valley - a 5-star member of the Leading Hotels of the World that is dedicated to wellness, weight loss and sport. Sat high on a hilltop, facing out to sea and overlooking the majestic Plage de Gigaro, a picturesque and rugged stretch of beach, Lily of the Valley con...
Constructed in 1904 and immediately establishing itself as a haunt for the upper classes of French Society, the aptly named Royal-Riviera has an effortless charm and grace. The sun-filled terraces opening up from large, stately rooms, decorated in alluring blends of Art Deco and Neo-Hellenic influences, come together to create an ambience that is simply delightful. With its own private beach w...
- Located just a 10-minute drive from the quaint cobbled village and restaurants of Ramatuelle
- Spacious villas feature large living areas and kitchens
- Many villas have private pools and large terraces where group meals can be prepared outside
- Enjoy an amazing spa and wellness offering including uniquely refreshing Nordic walks
- Set in a private 14-acre domain this small and personal luxury hotel is truly serene
This contemporary retreat offers outstanding luxury and service in peaceful surroundings. Nestled in a tranquil corner of Provence overlooking medieval mountain villages and endless acres of fragrant lavender fields, guests here can escape from life's stresses and strains. The two-storey villas adorning the hillside reflect traditional Provençal design with natural materials contrasting beauti...
Situated on an ultra-private peninsular surrounded by the Mediterranean, this legendary haven of serenity plays host to celebrities from all over the world. At the heart of the Côte d'Azur, it offers a private mansion experience combining prestige, luxury and a congenial atmosphere. The restaurant of Chef Nicolas Vie, 'La Table du Cap Estel' offers a range of sensational Mediterranean dishes. ...
- Prestigious hotel with a prime location for exploring Paris
- Perfect for those wanting to shop the city’s high-end boutiques
- Indoor pool and spa by La Prairie with hamman and heated marble massage table
- Unwind from the bustle of the city in the peaceful central courtyard gardens
- Prestigious hotel and member of Leading Hotels of the World set in the French Alps
- Enjoy winter and summer activities, plus two golf courses with David Leadbetter Academy
- Perfect for families with a dedicated Kid’s Resort for ages four months to 15 years
- Unwind at the state-of-the-art Spa Evian Source accessible only to hotel guests
- Enjoy breathtaking views over the Champagne region from an incredible location amongst hilltop vineyards
- Visit the unique tasting room for a sommelier led tour of famed local Champagnes
- The romantic atmosphere of Paris is just a short journey across the stunning countryside
- Indulge in Michelin-starred fine dining at Le Royal Etape Gastronomique for a unique culinary experience
Quietly nestled amongst 15 acres of beautifully secluded parkland, in the enchanting medieval village of Mougins, you will discover La Mas Candille. Originally an 18th century olive farm, this elegant hideaway successfully combines modern services with character and charm. Rooms are individually styled and luxuriously appointed with wonderful antiques and fine furnishings. Take a stroll through...
- Journey to this fairytale 13th-century chateau surrounded by rolling hills, woodland, lakes and wildlife.
- Taste the local and seasonal produce cultivated in the hotel's organic vegetable garden.
- Explore the hotel, and its land with guided nature walks as well as wellness, art, culinary and children's experiences.
- Take out an electric car to explore the estate eco-consciously.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Short-Haul Sun: Top 10 Short Flight Holidays From the UK
Short flights from the UK to somewhere hot are becoming increasingly popular. Let's face it, the we...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
Travel Radar: Should You Visit Evian-les-Bains this Summer?
A revered gem that proudly sits on the shores of Lake Geneva, Evian-les-Bains is a go-to for jet-se...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
The Best Spa Hotels in Europe
What could be better than a luxury holiday to one of the best spa hotels in Europe? Take a journ...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
Soak Up The Sun In These European Summer Destinations
â€We're all going on a summer holidayâ€... From a quick Easter city break to family meet-ups, ...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details