Steeped in mythology and strewn with the evidence of a fascinating ancient civilisation, Greece enthrals visitors with a winning combination of captivating history and picturesque natural beauty.
There’s no escaping the seep of historic magnificence or the other-worldly natural sights wherever you go, and this alone ramps up the options for anyone seeking a perfect, sun-drenched luxury holiday.
The mainland is a veritable feast of ancient cities, dramatic landscapes and cultural haunts galore, while the islands offer a laidback life brimming with unbeatable vistas and glorious beaches.
Where to go in to Greece
- An enviable setting near Scorpios beach club puts you at the heart of the action
- Enjoy a chic Miami-style vibe with bright, elegant décor and modern amenities
- Unwind in a luxurious elevated pool area and bar overlooking the sea
- Feel the cool and exciting vibe of Mykonos while still enjoying a serene location
- Beachfront hotel surrounded by the Ionian Sea, landscaped gardens and olive groves
- Relax by the lagoon-style pools and on the private beach
- The Adventure Centre at the beach offers a variety of watersports
- A range of childcare options including crèche, kids' club and teens club
- Soak up the sun and luxurious atmosphere beside the swimming pool with sea views
- Located in Oia just walking distance from shops, bars and restaurants
- The picturesque location affords breathtaking views from many of the rooms and suites
- Boutique style hideaway that’s perfect for twinning with another nearby hotel
The style and look of the resort, standard of facilities, location, included extras and just about every element that goes into making this property luxury define it. You really are spoilt for choice while staying here, as first you have the Temple of Poseidon; highlights of ancient Athens; countless museums; scenic coastal roads and local tavernas to explore within minutes of the property. Then, ...
- Family-friendly hotel with creative kids’ activities including sleepovers in a Bedouin-inspired tepee
- Only 10 minutes from Chania with guided tours of Samaria Gorge available from the hotel
- ‘Haute Living’ concept offers a variety of upgraded, included services for an indulgent stay
- Open-air Jungle Spa offers massages and treatments inspired by timeless traditions
- Set in the most beautiful part of Kos along 850m of sandy beach
- Swim out to the church of Kastri or explore the two archaeological sites around the hotel
- Stay all-inclusive and enjoy seven hotel restaurants or try local cuisine with the dine-out programme
- Take a MINI Drive adventure and explore the island with your own car for the day
- Stay just steps away from a 450m long Blue Flag-awarded beach
- Indulge with luxury all-inclusive restaurants, along with the ‘dine out’ service for local cuisine
- Keep kids safe and entertained with the beach childcare service
- Lounge in the lagoon pool with a swim-up bar for refreshments
- Variety of nearby beaches and watersports including sailing, diving and snorkelling
- Guests can enjoy the hotel's yacht for private excursions
- Home to Buddha Bar, one of the hotspots on Crete and famed for its entertainment
- Easy access to Hersonissos Old Town and a range of interesting cultural sites
With 7km of white sand and crystal clear water, the hotel offers a wide choice of accommodation and an excellent selection of facilities. Situated above the clear waters of the Aegean Sea and offering stunning views of Mount Olympus, Sani Beach has much to offer. The long stretches of white sand beach, a wide choice of accommodation and an excellent range of facilities including a Spa, restaurants...
On the island of Skiathos in Greece’s Aegean Sea, the beautifully designed Elivi hotel welcomes discerning beachgoers to these lesser-visited shores. Skiathos itself is carpeted in greenery, with a wildlife sanctuary that lies just behind the hotel itself, teeming with Cormorants and Black Swans. As such, family-owned and run Elivi is passionate about the natural backdrop in which it is immersed, ...
The most exquisite historic and cultural spots can be found in the capital, Athens. A city defined by its cool café-culture, the hubbub of the locals as they gather at the local tavernas sipping coffees in the sun is as irresistible as the major sites themselves.
Keep your camera handy wherever you go, because you’ll be tripping over world-famous archaeological treasures like the Acropolis and the Odeon of Hercules. And just a hop and a skip away over on the Apollo Coast, you’ll find glamorous resorts like the Grand Resort Lagonissi with sweeping sea views.
Visiting the Islands of Greece
If island life is more tempting for you, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Big-hitting destinations include those like Crete and Corfu, the latter being famous for its emerald blue waters, craggy coastline and dreamy sandy coves.
Just like many of the Greek islands, you can find hallmarks to its expansive history peppered across the landscape dating from Roman times. This makes exploration as alluring as the beaches and the warm waters that border it, while stylish hotels such as Marbella Corfu complete the idyllic picture to perfection.
From island-hopping to mega-cities, there’s yet another way to submerge yourself in surreally beautiful Greece, including the countryside of mainland areas like Halkidiki. The kind of place dreams are made of, Halkidiki in the northern tip of the country brings you unspoilt natural beauty, stretches of sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and bustling towns like Kallithea. Add to this luxury hotels like Sani Asterias, and you’ll have the makings of a trip of a lifetime.
The fashion-pack won’t be disappointed with a stay in trendy Mykonos if you’re after a change from the usual city-setting. With a harbour that’s pretty as picture, turquoise sea, quaint restaurants and fashionable boutiques, this petit destination has more than enough entertaining nooks and crannies to keep even the restless traveller satisfied.
To truly explore the wonders of Greece, you have to get out there and explore its rare sights, sounds and ambience. Everything about the country is electrifying and energising, from its landscapes to its culture, food and friendly locals. Inspiring Travel Company have spent time soaking up the best places to stay helping you to find a luxury holiday that will leave you feeling on top of the world.
To see how you could be spending your next break, contact us to chat through our tailor-made tours and itineraries. Or browse through our fabulous Greek hotels and villas to choose your ideal hideaway.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Where Is Hot In May?
The UK has a reputation for being a little chilly in springtime, so it's likely the sunshine of dis...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
The Best Spa Hotels in Europe
What could be better than a luxury holiday to one of the best spa hotels in Europe? Take a journ...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
Where to Find The Best Beaches in Europe
With so much stunning coastline to explore, listing the top beaches in Europe is no easy task. ...Other Shores Team - December, 2021
The 5 Best Greek Islands for Families
Greece is always an ideal destination for a family summer holiday and for a good reason. This beaut...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
10 Jaw-Dropping Millionaire Holiday Hideaways
Since so many holidays have been cancelled or postponed lately, your next trip may as well be a big...Tom - February, 2022
Where to Go in Europe in September
As the summer starts to fade away many of us start wondering where to go in Europe in September. Wi...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Short-Haul Sun: Top 10 Short Flight Holidays From the UK
Short flights from the UK to somewhere hot are becoming increasingly popular. Let's face it, the we...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
The Best Holiday Destinations: Where to Visit in 2022
Has the travel bug bitten you yet? Fancy doing something a little different in 2022? We're with you...Other Shores Team - January, 2022
The Most Luxurious Hotels with Private Pools in Greece
With such beautiful views, a stay in the Greek islands needs a hotel room that makes the most of th...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details