This charming Greek island is a world all of its own, combining easy-going beach luxury with dramatic interior landscapes and a history that dates back over 4,000 years.
It is the most southerly Greek Isle, which essentially, caters for every taste. Luxury Crete holidays can offer quietly relaxed experiences or a busy lively break. Explore the rocky landscape, unwind on golden shores lapped by azure waters or linger over a bottle of fine wine in a number of chic cafés.
Fabulous beaches and spectacular mountain scenery are good enough reasons to head to Crete, not forgetting the incredible history preserved at several sites around the island. While it may be tempting to spend all your time soaking up the rays on one of Crete's many glorious beaches, you must visit the 3,500-year-old remains of the Minoan palace of Knossos.
From its beautiful golden beaches, crystal clear waters, rugged snow-capped mountains and breathtaking scenery Crete is an ideal destination to relax.
But if you are looking for action you will also find countless things to do and see. Walks, climbs, drives and rides take you across striking plateaux, dramatic mountains and stunning seascapes.
And finally, shopping on Crete is an experience not to be missed. A range of small village shops and markets sell local produce and beautifully crafted leather, copper, bronze, terracotta and wooden items.
In the larger towns, you will find the streets are lined with chic boutiques, offering the latest in clothing, shoes and beauty items.
- Set in a secluded cove with a sheltered beach location
- The harbour town of Agios Nikolaos is a just 15-minute drive away
- Villa guests can enjoy private breakfast on their own terrace
- Take a sea excursion with a private skipper or a Land Rover through the rugged mountains
- Heart-warming hospitality and an authentic Greek experience
- All rooms open to extended verandas with views of the Aegean Sea and Spinalonga Island
- Home to one of Crete’s longest beaches, lined with olive trees and featuring private decks and beach service
- Menus inspired by the unique characteristics of the surrounding area and focus on authenticity
Sister to the award-winning Domes of Elounda, this resort is the perfect choice for couples, friends or singles seeking a chilled out atmosphere and chic surrounds. This hotel oozes a distinctly grown-up sense of style. You will be greeted warmly as soon as you step foot on to the resort, with scented water, non-alcoholic cocktails and cold towels awaiting you on arrival. Part of the inimitable...
- A stunning boutique family-owned and run hotel with friendly atmosphere
- Take a shuttle to the resorts private beach and enjoy a walk around Agios Nikolaos
- Every suite and villa is uniquely designed and decorated
- Set in one of Greece's finest destinations
- Enjoy shaded beaches, crystal clear seas and breathtaking ocean views
- The resort is a short distance from Elounda and Agios Nikolaos
An ideal resort for families, Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort has an excellent children's club, the ‘Kid’s Ark’ designed around the theme of an animal park. Set in an olive grove, facilities include two children’s pools, outdoor and indoor playground, a vegetable garden, dining room and changing rooms. Activities include: acting, cooking, games and garden cultivation and are designed to give t...
- Secluded location yet only a short distance from Agios Nikolaos
- Many of the villas have private sea access with great snorkelling
- Dine at Kafenion in the evening and request a table overlooking the harbour
This luxurious Relais & Châteaux hotel looks out over staggeringly blue waters of the Aegean Sea and Mirabello Bay; an area of outstanding natural beauty. With a peaceful, elegant ambience, Elounda Mare Hotel has the feel of an intimate, quiet holiday base, whilst at the same time benefiting from many extensive resort-style facilities at its sister properties, Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort and...
Located on a peninsula the hotel overlooks the Bay of Elounda, Mirabello Bay and the extent of the Aegean Sea. All Suites at the Elounda Peninsula All-Suite Hotel have their own private pools and fantastic views of the blue Aegean Sea. Creating an intimate and truly unique atmosphere, this hotel is a key to unspoiled natural surroundings, cutting-edge amenities and the highest standards of servic...
- Family-friendly hotel with creative kids’ activities including sleepovers in a Bedouin-inspired tepee
- Only 10 minutes from Chania with guided tours of Samaria Gorge available from the hotel
- ‘Haute Living’ concept offers a variety of upgraded, included services for an indulgent stay
- Open-air Jungle Spa offers massages and treatments inspired by timeless traditions
Find out more in our blog...
Where to Go in Europe in September
As the summer starts to fade away many of us start wondering where to go in Europe in September. Wi...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
The Best Spa Hotels in Europe
After this past year we think a luxury holiday to one of the best spa hotels in Europe could be jus...Jack - July, 2021
Where to Find The Best Beaches in Europe
With so much stunning coastline to explore, listing the top beaches in Europe is no easy task. ...Jack - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details