This charming Greek island is a world all of its own, combining easy-going beach luxury with dramatic interior landscapes and a history that dates back over 4,000 years.
It is the most southerly Greek Isle, which essentially, caters for every taste. Luxury Crete holidays can offer quietly relaxed experiences or a busy lively break. Explore the rocky landscape, unwind on golden shores lapped by azure waters or linger over a bottle of fine wine in a number of chic cafés.
Fabulous beaches and spectacular mountain scenery are good enough reasons to head to Crete, not forgetting the incredible history preserved at several sites around the island. While it may be tempting to spend all your time soaking up the rays on one of Crete's many glorious beaches, you must visit the 3,500-year-old remains of the Minoan palace of Knossos.
From its beautiful golden beaches, crystal clear waters, rugged snow-capped mountains and breathtaking scenery Crete is an ideal destination to relax.
But if you are looking for action you will also find countless things to do and see. Walks, climbs, drives and rides take you across striking plateaux, dramatic mountains and stunning seascapes.
And finally, shopping on Crete is an experience not to be missed. A range of small village shops and markets sell local produce and beautifully crafted leather, copper, bronze, terracotta and wooden items.
In the larger towns, you will find the streets are lined with chic boutiques, offering the latest in clothing, shoes and beauty items.
- Set in a secluded cove with a sheltered beach location
- The harbour town of Agios Nikolaos is a just 15-minute drive away
- Villa guests can enjoy private breakfast on their own terrace
- Take a sea excursion with a private skipper or a Land Rover through the rugged mountains
- Heart-warming hospitality and an authentic Greek experience
- All rooms open to extended verandas with views of the Aegean Sea and Spinalonga Island
- Home to one of Crete’s longest beaches, lined with olive trees and featuring private decks and beach service
- Menus inspired by the unique characteristics of the surrounding area and focus on authenticity
Sister to the award-winning Domes of Elounda, this resort is the perfect choice for couples, friends or singles seeking a chilled out atmosphere and chic surrounds. This hotel oozes a distinctly grown-up sense of style. You will be greeted warmly as soon as you step foot on to the resort, with scented water, non-alcoholic cocktails and cold towels awaiting you on arrival. Part of the inimitable...
- Enchanting family-owned and run boutique hotel with a friendly atmosphere
- Take a shuttle to the private beach and unwind in exclusive luxury
- Agios Nikolaos, with its restaurants and shops, is just a short distance away
- Every suite and villa has been uniquely designed and decorated with chic style
- Set in one of Greece's finest destinations
- Enjoy shaded beaches, crystal clear seas and breathtaking ocean views
- The resort is a short distance from Elounda and Agios Nikolaos
An ideal resort for families, Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort has an excellent children's club, the ‘Kid’s Ark’ designed around the theme of an animal park. Set in an olive grove, facilities include two children’s pools, outdoor and indoor playground, a vegetable garden, dining room and changing rooms. Activities include: acting, cooking, games and garden cultivation and are designed to give the...
- Enjoy an exclusive private location just a short distance from lively Agios Nikolaos
- Many of the villas have private sea access and are perfect for snorkelling
- Dine at Kafenion with romantic views overlooking the peaceful harbour and chapel
- The water in the harbour is underlit at night and creates a luxurious atmosphere
- This unique hotel has a village-like setting overlooking the Aegean Sea
- Wander the grounds to find an art gallery, boutique, jewellery shop and church
- Get closer to nature and enjoy the surrounding gardens, scenery and beach
- Many of the accommodation options have fantastic sea views
- Enjoy privacy and peace in secluded suites boasting private pools
- The exclusive sandy beach offers a personal touch to a day beside the sea
- Admire panoramic views of the Bay of Elounda as soon as you step through the lobby
- Every suite and villa at this hotel offers magnificent Aegean Sea views
- Family-friendly hotel with creative kids’ activities including sleepovers in a Bedouin-inspired tepee
- Only 10 minutes from Chania with guided tours of Samaria Gorge available from the hotel
- ‘Haute Living’ concept offers a variety of upgraded, included services for an indulgent stay
- Open-air Jungle Spa offers massages and treatments inspired by timeless traditions
Find out more in our blog...
The Best Spa Hotels in Europe
After this past year we think a luxury holiday to one of the best spa hotels in Europe could be jus...Jack - October, 2021
Where to Travel Every Month in 2022
We've all missed travel over the last 12 months, so why not spend next year ticking places off your...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Where to Go in Europe in September
As the summer starts to fade away many of us start wondering where to go in Europe in September. Wi...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details