Stroll through narrow cobbled streets and open piazzas to experience the cosmopolitan buzz of Florence, or climb the steps of the Duomo for panoramic views of this timelessly beautiful city.
But it's not just its film star looks that make it so popular - Florence is truly the renaissance city, rich in artistic and intellectual heritage and with plenty of things to do.
From Cimabue and Giotto, the fathers of Italian painting, to Botticelli and the universal geniuses of Leonardo and Michelangelo, Florence has inspired generations of influential artists. Luckily, much of the great works and buildings produced by these masters have remained in Florence, at museums like the Uffizi, ready for your grateful appreciation.
Around Piazza del Duomo
The Piazza del Duomo is the queen of Florence's open spaces. Here, the cathedral's splendid vault has recently been restored. Around the Duomo, densely packed streets and squares pulsate with Florence's history and reflect its sophisticated elegance. Close by is Piazza Della Repubblica, the ancient heart of the city.
In the middle of Piazza Vittorio Emanuele stands the legendary Caffè Delle Giubbe Rosse, the haunt of writers and artists throughout the 20th-century. This charming café continues to attract both Florentines and visitors alike.
One of Florence's most captivating quarters is around Santa Croce, a majestic Franciscan church surrounded by medieval streets containing Renaissance palaces, artisans' workshops and neighbourhood markets. The tombs of Michelangelo, Galileo and Machiavelli, are also here.
- Set in a peaceful location in the lush countryside just 15 minutes from Florence
- A shuttle service will whisk you to the city and back when you want to explore
- The traditional style and décor combine perfectly with a road trip or twin-centre holiday
- Dine in style on the restaurant terrace with spectacular views of the city beyond
- Soak up the atmosphere from one of Florence’s main squares
- Enjoy being walking distance from the city’s most famous sites and museums
- Ideal for families and couples, there’s an array of shops and restaurants on your doorstep
- Dine at Irene restaurant and watch life in the bustling square pass you by
- Discover a beautifully decorated hotel, perfect for interior design lovers
- Located on the Ponte Vecchio with the history and splendor of Florence its doorstep
- Enjoy being walking distance from Florence’s most famous sites and museums
- The shopping district of Florence is just steps away
- Located in the countryside of Florence approximately 20 minutes’ drive from the city
- The hotel is traditional in style and boasts beautifully manicured gardens
- Discover a quiet pool area nestled in the trees and bushes of the hotel grounds
- Enjoy a breakfast bounty of pastries, breads, eggs and fresh juice every morning
Find out more in our blog...
Pasta making and the Ponte Vecchio: Florence by Belmond
Tuscany is considered something of a classic travel experience. After my September visit, I wouldn'...Gabrielle - July, 2021
Where to Go in Europe in September
As the summer starts to fade away many of us start wondering where to go in Europe in September. Wi...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Back to School! Learning Experiences Around the World
Schools have been in the news a lot recently. All controversy aside, getting the kids learning agai...Nick - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details