Discover Luxury Holidays in the Indian Ocean
A true tropical paradise that's bursting with white sands, crystal waters and beautiful marine life, our luxury Indian Ocean holidays are made for a dream escape. From private islands in the Maldives, to adventures in Mauritius, wildlife encounters in the Seychelles and cultural experiences in Sri Lanka, you’ll discover the quintessential luxury holiday destination when you visit the Indian Ocean.
Our Indian Ocean Holiday Destinations
Explore blissful beaches, colourful underwater kingdoms and tropical treasures with our luxury holiday destinations in the Indian Ocean.
- This remote, picture-perfect destination is famed for its amazing beaches, secluded resorts, incredible diving spots and scenic overwater spas, making it ideal for a serene escape.
- With clear waters perfect for watersports, long stretches of sandy beach and some world-class golf courses, the tropical island of Mauritius surely has something for everyone.
- One of the most beautiful destinations in the world, in the Seychelles you can hide away on a private eco-island, relax on the stunning beaches or meet the diverse wildlife that resides there.
Let us help you find the perfect Indian Ocean holiday
While the Indian Ocean is scattered with over a thousand islands, big and small, we know them inside out.
Whether you want to relax undisturbed on your own private island, or explore every nook and cranny, our Travel Specialists are here to help you find your own little slice of paradise – whatever that may mean for you. We make sure that every aspect of your holiday is tailor-made to perfection, so you can focus on enjoying every minute of relaxation.
So, from luxurious all-inclusive resorts to beach villas just for you, or even an action-packed multi-centre holiday, simply speak to one of our Travel Specialists today. They'll help you with their expert recommendations and craft your dream ATOL protected escape today.
Our Top Hotels & Resorts in the Indian Ocean
Stay in pure luxury with our top hotels featuring amazing water villas, infinity plunge pools with stunning views, heavenly spas and much more.
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
- All villas and residences feature private gardens and a private pool
- Discover marine life on boat trips or snorkelling excursions, or try out waterskiing and kayaking
- Free Kids' Club complete with a swimming pool, amphitheatre and bakery
- Exclusive beach at Ile Aux Cerfs with complimentary boat shuttle transport
One&Only Reethi Rah
- With 12 beaches, you can choose between a peaceful and lively atmosphere
- Stunning sunset views from beachfront al fresco restaurant, Fanditha
- Play tennis on 2 floodlit courts with equipment provided
- Kids’ club, overwater obstacle course and climbing wall keep young guests entertained
Anantara Maia Luxury Resort & Spa
- All-villa resort with accommodation options on the beach or with panoramic ocean views
- Dining experiences can be arranged whenever and wherever you like at no extra cost
- The resort’s private helipad offers the perfect opportunity for island-hopping
- Personal butler takes care of every need including making breakfast each morning
One&Only Le Saint Géran
- Set on a private peninsula surrounded by beautiful beaches and waters
- All suites have an ocean or lagoon view from their private balcony or terrace
- Half-board option can be used in all of the five exceptional restaurants
- Fantastic kids’ club with themed rooms and activity schedule
OZEN LIFE MAADHOO
- Visit a variety of stunning reefs on a complimentary shuttle boat
- Incredible underwater restaurant, M6m, included in the all-inclusive programme
- Enjoy Friday night dinner at The Palms with entertainment and ocean views
- Drinks of your choice are included in your mini-bar and replenished twice daily
- Set on the Raa Atoll, one of the largest and deepest atolls in the world
- Art created by international guest artists is exhibited across the resort
- Visit Her Kitchen to learn how to cook local recipes for yourself
- Enjoy a special menu on a private sandbank or in the Manta Ray Treehouse
LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort & Villas
- One of the Maldives’ biggest resorts with plenty of activities
- Head to Blu Bar for a weekly DJ night and dancing
- Enjoy breakfast in the Asian Market with its own tea corner
- Take excursions to see the famed whale sharks that reside in nearby waters
Six Senses Zil Pasyon
- Swim with turtles in the waters surrounding the resort
- Take a cooking class with the talented chefs and learn the secrets of the local cuisine
- Enjoy a private dining experience at Chef's Kitchen - the menu will be tailor-made with your favourite ingredients
- Venture out on a scenic boat ride and visit the Unesco World Heritage Site Vallée de Mai
Our Indian Ocean Holiday Highlights
It’s not just about lounging on white sand beaches in the Indian Ocean. For those who want to venture further afield, there's plenty to see and do. From underwater adventures to wildlife encounters and cultural discoveries, take a look at some of the best highlights of the Indian Ocean here.
The Indian Ocean's World Famous Beaches
The Indian Ocean is a sublime beach destination where you can relax on pristine sands and be completely undisturbed. The question you may be asking though is exactly which islands have the best beaches in the Indian Ocean? And, where can you find them?
White sands in the Maldives
You can’t mention beach holidays in the Indian Ocean islands without talking about the Maldives. The most magical thing about the beaches here is just how secluded they are. Each island is home to just one resort, so, if you choose right, you’ll wake up to your own paradise every single morning.
All of the Indian Ocean resorts we feature in the Maldives boast powdery white sands, sloping down to turquoise waters that offer wonderful snorkelling opportunities. We can also arrange ‘castaway’ island experiences, so you can enjoy an uninhabited beach entirely to yourself with a picnic or bottle of Champagne.
The world's most beautiful beaches in Seychelles
The Seychelles islands not only have some of the best beaches in the Indian Ocean, but perhaps the world.
Combining sumptuous sands with lush tropical rainforest and smooth granite boulders, you’d struggle to paint a more perfect picture. Out of the 115 islands that make up the archipelago, Mahé, Praslin and La Digue offer some of the best beaches for visitors.
If you really don’t want to share though, you can find exclusive private islands such as North Island and Fregate Island to enjoy a beautiful Indian Ocean beach holiday, all to yourself.
Fabulous tropical sands of Mauritius
A fantastic beach destination, Mauritius offers plenty along its sandy shores. The north of the island offers a fantastic selection to choose from, where you can’t go far wrong! Trou aux Biches is a favourite for many, particularly families, thanks to the calm and shallow waters.
The east, meanwhile, is known for having the most sought-after sands, where you'll find some of the most well-known luxury resorts. The south of Mauritius is dominated by Le Morne, a mountain that shelters its own white sand beach. Then there is Île aux Cerfs – an islet off the east coast with a golf course and beautiful beaches to explore.
Adventures in the Indian Ocean
You might expect most opportunities for adventure in the Indian Ocean to centre around the vast, warm waters. And, while there are indeed myriad things to experience in the sea, there are plenty of other adventures on offer for a holiday to the Indian Ocean, too.
Watersports and snorkelling
All of the best luxury hotels in the Indian Ocean offer their guests top range facilities for having fun at sea. From kayaks and stand-up paddle boards to kite surfing and water bikes, there is sure to be something to tempt you.
It's snorkelling and scuba diving that really are a must-do for many, though. The Indian Ocean is home to some truly stunning coral reefs that thrive with colourful marine life. Experienced divers can also descend to explore shipwrecks on the ocean floor. For those who want to build on their diving skills, ask our Travel Specialists about which resorts offer PADI dive centres.
If you really want to make the most of your holiday in the Indian Ocean, why not consider an island-hopping adventure? Island-hopping is popular in the Seychelles, allowing you to experience the biodiversity of the archipelago. Even in the Maldives, you can island hop to enjoy two different hotel experiences. For some islands, you can take a seaplane as your mode of transport too, which showcases some stunning views of the atolls below.
Heading inland, Mauritius has a lush interior to explore. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of La Morne offers some beautiful walking trails, as does the magnificent Black River Gorges National Park. You might also want to visit Chamarel, known for its multi-coloured earth.
If you want to rest your sea legs though, Sri Lanka has the most to offer. Explore the rock-top fortress of Sigiriya, visit tea plantations and discover beautiful temples and Colonial architecture, along with untouched beaches.
Island Wildlife in the Indian Ocean
With such as unspoilt landscape, the Indian Ocean isn’t just paradise for humans. One of the top highlights of a holiday here is to meet the plethora of creatures that reside in and around the islands.
As one of the world’s best destinations for snorkelling and diving, it’s not surprise that you will see an amazing array of marine life on holiday in the Indian Ocean. Depending on where you stay, you could see reef sharks, stingrays, golden eels, whale sharks, octopi, and even wild dolphins. If you love spotting turtles, the Seychelles will be extra special for you. Many of the island’s beaches are chosen by hawksbill and green turtles to lay their eggs.
Some resorts in the Indian Ocean have a house reef for you to explore, while others require you to head out by boat to find one. While rising sea temperatures are threatening the diversity of many reefs, a number of hotels also run coral rehabilitation programs that you can get involved in.
One of the most well-known residents of the Indian Ocean is the Aldabra giant tortoise. While they're usually thought of in relation to the Galapagos Islands, they also have a home across many of the islands here, too.
The Seychelles is the best place to go in the Indian Ocean if you'd like to meet one for yourself. North Island has between 80 and 100 of these friendly critters roaming around, with some thought to be as old as 150 years.
Safaris in Sri Lanka
Sitting within close proximity to India, Sri Lanka has some magnificent wildlife to spot. Yala National Park acts as the country’s best leopard sanctuary with one of the highest densities of these spotted big cats in the world.
The Indian Ocean's Cultural Mix
Sitting in the midst of many trade and sailing routes, the Indian Ocean islands have absorbed a mix of cultures over the years. Since native civilisations, they've seen Portuguese, Arab, Dutch, French and British explorers and colonisers turn up on their shores, along with the Indian and African indentured labourers who were also once brought to the islands.
You'll see signs of this mix of cultures through many of the islands, through the food you eat, to the people you meet across Mauritius, the Maldives, the Seychelles and Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka’s Cultural Triangle
If you love to immerse yourself in culture, then Sri Lanka might be the best Indian Ocean island for you. With a rich culture, this small Buddhist country is home to eight stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites, six of which lie within the Cultural Triangle.
Exploring this wonderful area, you will find palaces, monasteries, ancient cities and temples, all of which will reveal fascinating insights into the country’s history and culture.
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details