One of the most popular hotels on the island, with a wide variety of attractions and facilities, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is set on a long stretch of beach against the backdrop of a towering mountain range on the south coast at Bel Ombre, 45 minutes drive from the airport.
The 161 rooms and suites are decorated in a warm African - Indian Ocean theme and are large enough to accommodate two adults and up to two children. The Deluxe Rooms are sea facing albeit from a distance, so foliage and garden will probably prevent a sea view. A supplement is payable for a Deluxe Ocean View Room or a Deluxe Beach Front Room which are closer to, or on the beach, with clearer sea views.
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort offers a selection of restaurants from gourmet menus to relaxed alfresco dining. Guests also have the benefit of dining next door at sister property Heritage Le Telfair for a supplement. Other facilities include access to the best golf course in the Indian Ocean, large spa, dedicated clubs for children and teenagers and a complimentary baby club for babies from 0 to 35 months, as well as a large sports centre and good choice of water sports.
Dress Code: In the evening, it is imperative that gentlemen wear long trousers, collared shirts and closed shoes for dinner. No shorts, jeans (even ‘smart’ jeans), trainers or flip-flops will be allowed in bars and restaurants from 19.00 hours.
NOTE: If your preferred dates are not available, we recommend booking Heritage Le Telfair sister-resort where you can enjoy the same beach, sports, golf and dining facilities at Domaine de Bel Ombre on your All Inclusive meal plan.
- Breakfast at Awali's main restaurant, Savana
- Lunch at Blue Beach restaurant, Heritage C Beach Club or snacks at Amafrooty
- Savana Sunday Brunch (on Sundays)
- Cakes and pancakes at Zenzibar's deck from 4 pm to 6 pm
- Ice cream kiosk
- Dinner at one of 5 restaurants ranging from themed buffets at Savana to a la carte options at Infinity Blue, Kuzini, Zafarani and Heritage C Beach Club
Drinks between 10am and midnight and at C Beach Club during lunch and dinner:
- Beers, soft drinks, cocktails, wine by the glass, hot drinks
- Coco Shack serving coconut based drinks between noon and 6pm
Golf, Wellness, Sports
- Access to the best golf course in the Indian Ocean
- One back massage of 45 minutes per stay at Seven Colours Spa village
- Free access to the 3000 sqm Seven Colours Spa village
- Free access to Umuzi Sports & Fitness Centre (Aerobics, cardio, etc.)
- Aquagym and yoga sessions as per hotel schedule
- Daily water skiing sessions
- Beach volleyball, Beach soccer, indoor games, Table tennis, Darts
- Mountain bikes
- Bocciball, Archery and Giant Chess
- Access to Umuzi Sports Centre
- Live music as per schedule programme at Heritage Awali/Heritage Le Telfair/C Beach Club
- Free WIFI at Zenzibar and Blue Drift Bar and in the rooms
- Free access to Timomo and Friends Kids Club for children aged 2* to 11 years (08h30 to 23h30)
- Free access to Activity Centre at Heritage Le Telfair for teenagers aged 12 to 17 years (full program available)
One of the most popular hotels in Mauritius, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort offers a variety of attractions and facilities perfect for a luxury family holiday. Benefitting from some amenities of its next door sister property Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, guests are fortunate enough to have a wide selection of activities at their disposal during the entire stay.
Offering traditional Mauritian ambience, the décor of Awali is very African-bohemian inspired with soft touches echoed throughout each room which comfortably suites families of four to six.
For your little ones, themed activities help to get kids excited. Providing workshops and fun games, kids will find their time here to be a truly educational experience. For teens, a comprehensive programme has been designed which includes an introduction to golf, regular excursions, and karaoke sessions. For the ultimate in fun, there are regularly organised beach campfires, ideal for closing out a fun day had after making new friends. There is also a free baby club dedicated to babies from 0 to 36 months by nurses trained in first aid and childcare.
To get the most out of your time at the resort, an array of land, water, and organised sports are available, making sure you remain active and get to experience a lot of adventure during your time on the island. If in the mood to relax, the Seven Colours spa serves a well-rounded menu of blissful treatments that will leave you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
For a fun day where you can all spend time together, a nearby nature reserve makes for a great day outside where you can soak in some sun and learn about a range of different native wildlife.
1/12 - Beach at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
2/12 - Deluxe Room at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
3/12 - Coco Shack at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
4/12 - Villa Veranda at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
5/12 - Reception Lobby at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
6/12 - Swimming Pool at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
7/12 - Deluxe Sea View Veranda at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
8/12 - Infinity Blue Bar at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
9/12 - Suite at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
10/12 - Beach Area at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
11/12 - Reception Lobby at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
12/12 - Infinity Blue Restaurant at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details