Sri Lanka is the 'teardrop' of the Indian Ocean, a country of rich colour, breathtaking beauty and delightful contrasts.
Luxury Sri Lanka holidays are ideal for touring holidays, as within a relatively short time you can travel from sweeping beaches to fascinating ancient cities, or from a tropical safari park to the cooler climes of a tea plantation.
The entire island is full of incredible experiences home to an abundance of exotic birds and wildlife including elephants and leopards. The cuisine is delicious and the locals are friendly with an easy smile, meaning that wherever you are, you're made to feel very welcome.
Best locations for Luxury Holidays in Sri Lanka
A major city in Sri Lanka’s Central Province, Kandy is second only in size to Colombo. Set among tea plantations in the hills, it has rightly earned its spot on the well-trodden touring trail.
An ancient trading port, Galle is on the south-western tip of Sri Lanka and is considered one of the country’s major hubs. A fortified city, built by the Portuguese, the Galle Fort is listed as a world heritage site.
Nuwara Eliya is in the central province of Sri Lanka and is considered the premier location for tea production in the country.
Where to stay in Sri Lanka
Amangalla lies within Galle Fort’s historic ramparts, an ideal base for the exploration of the Fort and town of Galle and to discover the delights of southern Sri Lanka. All rooms are luxurious in a collection of stunning buildings that date back over 400 years and you can truly indulge at The Baths with hydrotherapy and water massage pools.
Alternatively, stay at The Fortress; with its contemporary features including a glass cave housing an array of new and old-world wines, a panoramic bar, an art gallery and a fibre optic lit pool. A peaceful haven to enjoy the cool of the climate sitting at 500m, Kandy is culturally fascinating. It is dominated by its lake and the nearby Temple of the Tooth; one of the most sacred places for worship in Buddhism and situated beside the King’s Palace in the hills - a UNESCO World Heritage Site. En route to the city visit the SpiceGardens of Matale on the Kandy Matale road.
Ask our Travel Specialists about a multi-centre escape that will take in the fascinating history, diverse culture and stunning landscape of this enchanting island nation; a desirable destination for the discerning traveller.
- Admire the archaeological treasures of the historic Polonnaruwa
- Meander around the extensive water gardens surrounding the Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Learn how to use Sri Lanka's spices during a cooking demonstration in Matale
- Enjoy the refreshing climate of Nuwara Eliya
- Climb the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sigiriya Rock Fortress for outstanding views
- Admire the Buddha images inside the Dambulla Cave Temples
- Wander around the scenic Kandy Lake and observe the local life
- Enjoy the beautiful Orchid House in Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
- Walk back in time in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Anuradhapura, the first capital of ancient Sri Lanka
- Admire the ancient frescoes at the Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Enjoy some days on the beach in Trincomalee, a popular spot for whale watching
- Learn the rich history and culture of Colombo on a personalized city walk
- Visit the Temple of The Tooth Relic in Kandy, an important shrine of Buddhism
- Explore the beautiful grounds of Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
- Admire the tea plantation views from your accommodation in Hatton
- Witness the amazing annual Elephant Gathering at Minneriya National Park
- Climb to the summit of the UNESCO-listed Sigiriya rock, for truly awe-inspiring views
- Embark on a river cruise and a Jeep safari through Gal Oya, and enjoy a picnic lunch prepared by a local chef
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details