Experience old Arabia in Oman; a place of beautiful beaches, fascinating culture and dramatic landscapes. Twin a stay on the glorious coast with time in the mountains for the perfect mix of this destination’s great contrasts.
Oman has a diverse and natural beauty that makes it an awe-inspiring destination. Located on the Southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula Oman’s natural visual wonders include dramatic mountainscapes, long golden shores plus palms and groves of citrus trees.
Muscat, the capital of Oman, is the centre of the strong traditional culture and the core of Oman's extraordinary 5,000-year history. Consequently, there is no shortage of attractions and cultural interests here including the famous Al Alam Palace by the sea and Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque.
- The perfect base for exploring Muscat Old Town, located just 20 minutes away
- Boasts Oman’s longest pool where guests can enjoy sushi and music every afternoon
- Excellent spa with 11 suites, health club, exercise classes and two floodlit tennis courts
- Four open kitchens in The Restaurant serving an array of cuisine styles
- Beautiful private peninsula located between the mountains and Arabian Gulf
- Dine at Sense on the Edge, a mountaintop restaurant with incredible views
- You can arrive by paragliding straight onto the beach if you feel adventurous
- Enjoy a wellness package at the spa, take a dhow cruise or go diving in the gulf
- Superb beachfront location - turtles even nest here at certain times of the year
- Al Waha means "The Oasis", and the hotel's several swimming pools form an oasis with a Lazy River
- Kayaks, snorkel equipment, paddle board and glass-bottom kayaks are available
- Cool Zone Kids Club for children up to 8 years old, plus Adventure Zone for family fun
- Exclusive use of the private beach and pool for guests of this hotel only
- Daily Afternoon Tea, plus pre-dinner canapés with drinks and music in the courtyard
- Complimentary mini-bar restocked daily with beverages and snacks
- Private candle-lit dinners can be arranged in stunning settings across the resort
- Secluded private beach and five glittering swimming pools
- Selection of non-motorised water activities including sailing, kayaking, snorkeling and paddleboarding
- Family Aqua Land featuring a children’s playground with a kid’s swimming pool, mini zipline and water playground
- A choice of 5 dining venues offering a range of international cuisines
- One of the world’s highest resorts, perched 2,000 metres above sea level
- Located just 30-minutes from the ancient city of Nizwa
- Excellent array of activities such as archery, cookery, photography and painting
- Private dinners can be arranged on the stargazing platform, Diana’s Point
- Watch turtles nesting in January and hatching on the beach from March to August
- Keep cool on the beach with complimentary icebox filled with water
- Explore Muscat’s downtown and the Muttrah Souk with daily shuttle service from the hotel
- Use of six pools across the hotel’s sister resorts including a 500m lazy river
7 nights from £2,099pp Based on 2 adults sharing a Deluxe Room at Shangri-La Al Bandar for 5 nights including daily breakfast followed by 2 nights at Desert Nights Camp in a Standard Room on a half board basis including return economy class flights and private car transfers Price based on 1 Sep 2020 departure ...
Located on the Musandam Peninsula between the mountains on one side and a stunning 1600 metre sandy beach on the other, lies Six Senses Zighy Bay. It offers the upmost in relaxation and rejuvenation, whilst being only 90 minutes from Dubai. The Villa accommodation, The Retreats and unique Private Reserve, are arguably the most impressive resort villas in the Middle East. They seamlessly provi...
Located some 2,000 metres above sea level and with views of the Al Hajar mountain range, the hotel is a haven for your Oman holiday. You’ll enjoy a menu inspired by the golden age of Arabic cuisine at the Juniper Restaurant, with excellent vistas across the horizon and meals created with fresh, seasonal produce. Evening drinks can be enjoyed in the chilled out atmosphere of the Rose Lounge. For u...
The clear deep blue waters off the coastline of Oman are also one of the best diving grounds in the world. With year-round sun and an abundance of chic, glamorous hotels springing up along the Gulf coastline, there has never been a better time to experience this breathtaking place.
Oman is a place of great contrasts. Its fantastic history has forged many fascinating sites such as the archaeology at Dhofar, while the natural landscape varies from the mountains of Batinah to the beaches of the quiet coastlines. The bustling markets of the capital, Muscat, offer a true sense of the region and the country’s 5,000-year-old history, while its luxurious selection of hotels and resorts offers a retreat to suit every luxury traveller’s requirements.
Oman General Information
Oman luxury holidays are ideal for...
Couples, families, beaches, desert scenery, cultural experiences, historical sites. Activities such as mountain hikes and walks, mountain biking and rock climbing.
Getting to Oman
Time Difference: GMT +4 hours Flying Time: 7 hours (direct) British Airways and Oman Air fly direct from London Heathrow to Muscat.
Our Oman luxury holiday insight
Oman is home to a fascinating mix of markets and lively stall sellers trading exotic fruits, dried pungent spices and materials and clothing vivid in colour. The Muttrah Souk in Muscat is less aggressive than other bazaars and specialises in trading jewellery; precious gold and intricate silver trinkets litter the stalls so disentangle your favourites and haggle for a bargain!
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details