Home to the beautiful Canadian Rockies, Alberta offers striking snow-capped peaks, vast wilderness, rugged landscapes, great rivers and tranquil lakes.
Bordering the USA, the western Canadian state of Alberta is dominated by the Rocky Mountain range in the south and forested areas in the north. The vast and varied landscape makes it an ideal holiday destination whatever the season.
Alberta enjoys long, warm summers and with its prairie landscapes, provides the perfect setting for a ranch holiday. Discover this stunning region on horse back or try your hand at a range of other adventure activities such as white water rafting, hiking and mountain biking.
The Rocky mountain range is home to the famous ski resorts of Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise. These resorts offer world-class skiing in a breathtaking location and also enjoy a long ski season with brilliant snow record. All this combined with a high amount of sunshine days whatever the season, makes Alberta one of the top choices for a ski holiday in Canada.
To plan your holiday to Alberta, call our North America Travel Specialists today for more information.
- Drive along the Icefields Parkway through the majestic Canadian Rockies and take the Ice Explorer on to Athabasca Glacier
- Board the luxurious SilverSea Silver Muse and navigate through the Inside Passage to Alaska's breathtaking natural scenery.
- Enjoy a fantastic wildlife spotting opportunities in Ketchikan home to grizzly and black bears as well as whales and seals.
- Embark on a remarkable adventure in the glacier country of Juneau with an opportunity to visit the majestic Mendenhall Glacier.
- Explore the vibrant city of Vancouver renowned for its scenic beauty, rich cultural background and endless outdoor activities.
- Discover Victoria's quaint and historic waterfront
- Fall in love with Banff's historic charm and breathtaking natural beauty best viewed from the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain.
- Feast your eyes with Lake Louise's picture perfect beauty of turquoise waters ringed by high mountain peaks.
- Visit the stunning Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Vancouver Island where you can marvel at the beautiful floral displays
- Watch the scenery change from fertile farmland to dramatic gorges and towering mountains on the iconic "The Canadian" rail journey
- Board the Ice Explorer at the Icefields Parkway where you can alight and walk on top of the Athabasca Glacier
- Enjoy a gentle river raft along the Bow River in Banff, taking in the spectacular scenery and you may be lucky enough to spot bears or moose on the river bank
- Explore Vancouver on a guided cycling tour or embark on a Sea Safari on Howe Sound.
- Enjoy the majestic Canadian Rockies via a spectacular train journey of Rocky Mountaineer.
- Join a guided hiking tour through Jasper National Park and explore its natural attractions.
- Take a full-day sightseeing excursion in Banff which includes Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain.
- Embark on Rocky Mountaineer's most popular route through the scenic Canadian Rockies from Vancouver.
- Enjoy the railway's ascent to 1,070 ft through the Spiral Tunnels on your way to Banff.
- 1888 Chop House is one of Banff's finest steak restaurants; all meats are locally sourced & sustainable
- Kids @ The Castle provides experiences such as Tennis 4 Kids & outdoor wilderness adventures
- Located on the picturesque Upper Garden Terrace, the 360° Dome is a unique private dining experience
- In winter, you can explore the hotel grounds on a guided showshoe tour
- Board the iconic Rocky Mountaineer and meander through Canada’s protected National Parks.
- You'll have a chance to see the breathtaking Pyramid Falls from the comforts of your train cabin.
- Wind your way through the scenic fjords of Howe Sound enroute to Canada’s premier ski resort and summer playground, Whistler.
- Marvel at the contrasting landscape of rivers and arid expanses on your way to Quesnel.
- Traverse through the length of the mighty Fraser River to the Alpine town of Jasper.
Moose Hotel & Suites is one of the newest additions to Banff, a mountain lodge style hotel located a one minute walk to the heart of downtown Banff. The hotel offers 174 guest rooms including one and two-bedroom suites which are the perfect solution for families and friends travelling together. The site of Moose Hotel & Suites is where The Leacock House once stood which is said to have been an or...
- The Queen & Prince Philip stayed in The Royal Retreat when they stayed here in 2005
- The boathouse offers canoe and pedal boat rentals so you can drift over the resort's Lac Beauvert
- The Stanley Thompson golf course is both challenging and breathtaking, surrounded by stunning mountain scenery
- Discover the flora and fauna on a one hour guided tour of the beautiful shoreline of Lac Beauvert
- Wildlife abounds the resort grounds and golf course, look out for deer, elk and the occsaional bear
Find out more in our blog...
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details