Situated within the Banff National Park in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and the surrounding 6,500 square kilometres of natural parkland offers nature at its finest, with turquoise lakes, glaciers and wildlife including elk and grizzly bears.
Banff National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty, where outdoor adventures and pursuits include gentle mountain walks, fly fishing or white water rafting. Climb to dizzying heights if you are eager to see Banff from a different perspective, or sit back and let your horse guide you through the spectacular setting along one of the many beautiful horseback trails. Mountain biking, hot springs, golf and gondola tours are other activities you can enjoy on a luxury holiday to Banff.
The town itself is rich in history and there is an array of museums and historical sights to explore, including the Lower Bankhead abandoned mining town and the Whyte Museum showing the history of the Canadian Rockies.
Our Inspiring Travel Company highlights include:
- Bow River Valley,
- the Sulphur Mountain Cable Car and a
- Lake Minnewanka Cruise.
Banff restaurants are also in abundance, with our own favourites including:
- Maple Leaf,
- Grizzly House and
- Drive along the Icefields Parkway through the majestic Canadian Rockies and take the Ice Explorer on to Athabasca Glacier
- Board the luxurious SilverSea Silver Muse and navigate through the Inside Passage to Alaska's breathtaking natural scenery.
- Enjoy a fantastic wildlife spotting opportunities in Ketchikan home to grizzly and black bears as well as whales and seals.
- Embark on a remarkable adventure in the glacier country of Juneau with an opportunity to visit the majestic Mendenhall Glacier.
- Explore the vibrant city of Vancouver renowned for its scenic beauty, rich cultural background and endless outdoor activities.
- Discover Victoria's quaint and historic waterfront
- Fall in love with Banff's historic charm and breathtaking natural beauty best viewed from the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain.
- Feast your eyes with Lake Louise's picture perfect beauty of turquoise waters ringed by high mountain peaks.
- Visit the stunning Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Vancouver Island where you can marvel at the beautiful floral displays
- Watch the scenery change from fertile farmland to dramatic gorges and towering mountains on the iconic "The Canadian" rail journey
- Board the Ice Explorer at the Icefields Parkway where you can alight and walk on top of the Athabasca Glacier
- Enjoy a gentle river raft along the Bow River in Banff, taking in the spectacular scenery and you may be lucky enough to spot bears or moose on the river bank
- Explore Vancouver on a guided cycling tour or embark on a Sea Safari on Howe Sound.
- Enjoy the majestic Canadian Rockies via a spectacular train journey of Rocky Mountaineer.
- Join a guided hiking tour through Jasper National Park and explore its natural attractions.
- Take a full-day sightseeing excursion in Banff which includes Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain.
- Embark on Rocky Mountaineer's most popular route through the scenic Canadian Rockies from Vancouver.
- Enjoy the railway's ascent to 1,070 ft through the Spiral Tunnels on your way to Banff.
- 1888 Chop House is one of Banff's finest steak restaurants; all meats are locally sourced & sustainable
- Kids @ The Castle provides experiences such as Tennis 4 Kids & outdoor wilderness adventures
- Located on the picturesque Upper Garden Terrace, the 360° Dome is a unique private dining experience
- In winter, you can explore the hotel grounds on a guided showshoe tour
- Travel in style, spending two days on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer along the First Passage to the West route
- Spend two nights at Lake Louise, discover the beauty of the Columbia Icefields and Icefields Parkway scenic drive
- Enjoy exploring the charming mountain town of Banff, travel by cable car to the summit of Sulphur Mountain for panoramic views
Moose Hotel & Suites is one of the newest additions to Banff, a mountain lodge style hotel located a one minute walk to the heart of downtown Banff. The hotel offers 174 guest rooms including one and two-bedroom suites which are the perfect solution for families and friends travelling together. The site of Moose Hotel & Suites is where The Leacock House once stood which is said to have been an or...
You can’t beat the perfect panoramas of the Rockies at Rimrock Resort, an imposing hotel that rises above the Bow Valley like a mountain. This sumptuous bolt-hole isn’t just impressive from the outside, but also within, as meticulous staff greet you and go out of their way to ensure your time at Rimrock is as seamless as possible. When you’re not gazing wistfully out the windows at evocative fores...
Find out more in our blog...
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details