Home to the beautiful Canadian Rockies, Alberta offers striking snow-capped peaks, vast wilderness, rugged landscapes, great rivers and tranquil lakes.
Bordering the USA, the western Canadian state of Alberta is dominated by the Rocky Mountain range in the south and forested areas in the north. The vast and varied landscape makes it an ideal holiday destination whatever the season.
Alberta enjoys long, warm summers and with its prairie landscapes, provides the perfect setting for a ranch holiday. Discover this stunning region on horse back or try your hand at a range of other adventure activities such as white water rafting, hiking and mountain biking.
The Rocky mountain range is home to the famous ski resorts of Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise. These resorts offer world-class skiing in a breathtaking location and also enjoy a long ski season with brilliant snow record. All this combined with a high amount of sunshine days whatever the season, makes Alberta one of the top choices for a ski holiday in Canada.
To plan your holiday to Alberta, call our North America Travel Specialists today for more information.
- Enjoy true Canadian hospitality in Three Fairmont Canadian Rocky Mountain Hotels
- Take the Banff Gondola to the peak of Sulphur Mountain for panoramic views and cruise on the glacial waters of Lake Minnewanka, the longest lake in Canada’s Rocky Mountain Parks
- Climb the Columbia Icefields on the Ice Explorer and Hang Over the Valley on the Glacier Skywalk
- Take a Leisurely Cruise on Jasper National Park’s Maligne Lake to Spirit Island
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Banff with its lakes, wildlife and waterfalls.
- Enjoy the adventure of a lifetime at the Columbia Icefield in Jasper as you board the giant Ice Explorer to explore the ancient Athabasca Glacier.
- Embark on an unforgettable train journey onboard the luxurious Rocky Mountaineer.
- Enjoy your stay at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge which offers a unique encounter with the grizzly bear residents of Great Bear Rainforest.
- Drive along the Icefields Parkway through the majestic Canadian Rockies and take the Ice Explorer on to Athabasca Glacier
- Board the luxurious SilverSea Silver Muse and navigate through the Inside Passage to Alaska's breathtaking natural scenery.
- Enjoy a fantastic wildlife spotting opportunities in Ketchikan home to grizzly and black bears as well as whales and seals.
- Embark on a remarkable adventure in the glacier country of Juneau with an opportunity to visit the majestic Mendenhall Glacier.
- Explore the vibrant city of Vancouver renowned for its scenic beauty, rich cultural background and endless outdoor activities.
- Marvel at the sheer abundance of wildlife in Vancouver Island.
- Fall in love with Banff's historic charm and breathtaking natural beauty best viewed from the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain.
- Feast your eyes with Lake Louise's picture perfect beauty of turquoise waters ringed by high mountain peaks.
- Visit the stunning Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Vancouver Island where you can marvel at the beautiful floral displays
- Watch the scenery change from fertile farmland to dramatic gorges and towering mountains on the iconic "The Canadian" rail journey
- Board the Ice Explorer at the Icefields Parkway where you can alight and walk on top of the Athabasca Glacier
- Enjoy a gentle river raft along the Bow River in Banff, taking in the spectacular scenery and you may be lucky enough to spot bears or moose on the river bank
- Explore Vancouver on a guided cycling tour or embark on a Sea Safari on Howe Sound.
- Enjoy the majestic Canadian Rockies via a spectacular train journey of Rocky Mountaineer.
- Join a guided hiking tour through Jasper National Park and explore its natural attractions.
- Take a full-day sightseeing excursion in Banff which includes Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain.
- Embark on Rocky Mountaineer's most popular route through the scenic Canadian Rockies from Vancouver.
- Enjoy the railway's ascent to 1,070 ft through the Spiral Tunnels on your way to Banff.
- Enjoy the flexibility of adding extra nights at any of the lodges to extend your stay
- Stay in charming lodges set in stunning lakeside locations
- Ride on the specially adapted Ice Explorer on to the Athabasca Glacier
- Take the Banff Gondola to the summit of Sulphur Mountain for outstanding panoramic views of the mountains and valleys
- Travel in style, spending two days on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer along the First Passage to the West route
- Spend two nights at Lake Louise, discover the beauty of the Columbia Icefields and Icefields Parkway scenic drive
- Enjoy exploring the charming mountain town of Banff, travel by cable car to the summit of Sulphur Mountain for panoramic views
- Take to the skies for a 12-minute helicopter flight over the breath-taking Canadian Rockies
- Board the iconic Rocky Mountaineer and meander through Canada’s protected National Parks.
- You'll have a chance to see the breathtaking Pyramid Falls from the comforts of your train cabin.
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details