The charming town of Jasper is a stunning setting for a nature lover's Canada holiday, and a little less well-trod than some of its more famous neighbours.
This area is truly wildlife-rich, and wherever you are you won’t be able to escape views of the Rocky Mountains that surround Jasper. Visitors here won’t be able to resist exploring the wider area. Nearby Maligne Lake is said by some to be even more beautiful than Lake Louise, and certainly has its fair share of charm.
Suspended above the Sunwapta River, the Glacier Skywalk is a truly singular experience, with its lookout and glass-floored walkway giving a unique perspective on the natural surrounds. Another ‘must’ is a trip to gaze at the wonder of Athabasca Falls, a cascading waterfall whose power produces a thundering roar as the water rushes past in great volume.
- Drive along the Icefields Parkway through the majestic Canadian Rockies and take the Ice Explorer on to Athabasca Glacier
- Board the luxurious SilverSea Silver Muse and navigate through the Inside Passage to Alaska's breathtaking natural scenery.
- Enjoy a fantastic wildlife spotting opportunities in Ketchikan home to grizzly and black bears as well as whales and seals.
- Embark on a remarkable adventure in the glacier country of Juneau with an opportunity to visit the majestic Mendenhall Glacier.
- Visit the stunning Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Vancouver Island where you can marvel at the beautiful floral displays
- Watch the scenery change from fertile farmland to dramatic gorges and towering mountains on the iconic "The Canadian" rail journey
- Board the Ice Explorer at the Icefields Parkway where you can alight and walk on top of the Athabasca Glacier
- Enjoy a gentle river raft along the Bow River in Banff, taking in the spectacular scenery and you may be lucky enough to spot bears or moose on the river bank
- Explore Vancouver on a guided cycling tour or embark on a Sea Safari on Howe Sound.
- Enjoy the majestic Canadian Rockies via a spectacular train journey of Rocky Mountaineer.
- Join a guided hiking tour through Jasper National Park and explore its natural attractions.
- Take a full-day sightseeing excursion in Banff which includes Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain.
- Boating on Pyramid Lake in the early morning surrounds you with breathtaking reflections of towering mountain peaks
- Pyramid Lake Resort has direct access to the Razorback, Hochimini and Watch Tower mountain bike trails
- Board the iconic Rocky Mountaineer and meander through Canada’s protected National Parks.
- You'll have a chance to see the breathtaking Pyramid Falls from the comforts of your train cabin.
- Wind your way through the scenic fjords of Howe Sound enroute to Canada’s premier ski resort and summer playground, Whistler.
- Marvel at the contrasting landscape of rivers and arid expanses on your way to Quesnel.
- Traverse through the length of the mighty Fraser River to the Alpine town of Jasper.
- The Queen & Prince Philip stayed in The Royal Retreat when they stayed here in 2005
- The boathouse offers canoe and pedal boat rentals so you can drift over the resort's Lac Beauvert
- The Stanley Thompson golf course is both challenging and breathtaking, surrounded by stunning mountain scenery
- Discover the flora and fauna on a one hour guided tour of the beautiful shoreline of Lac Beauvert
- Wildlife abounds the resort grounds and golf course, look out for deer, elk and the occsaional bear
Find out more in our blog...
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details