The capital city of British Columbia, and on Vancouver Island’s southern tip, Victoria is a city that is full of life; surrounded by epic scenery and blessed with a fascinating history.
From its quaint harbour to its high street of boutique shops, this is a city made for walking, where you can happily wander with your camera in hand, stopping to rest and enjoy a traditional afternoon tea or local craft beer.
A few of our ‘must-visits’ include the Butchart Gardens – an amazing 55 acres of fragrant, seasonal gardens which are illuminated at night. There are a plethora of adventurous activities on offer, favourites include seaplane scenic flights, whale watching and zip lining in Sooke 45 minutes away from Victoria.
This is also a city made for foodies, with an exceptional array of eateries to choose from. We recommend the Il Terraza Victoria for its scrumptious Italian menu. The best dining venues in Victoria book up quickly though, so reservations are a must.
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa is one of Victoria’s finest boutique hotels, offering upscale and elegant accommodations and superbly located only two blocks back from the bustling and picturesque harbour. Each of the 64 rooms are elegantly appointed with high-quality furnishings and modern amenities including a flat-screen television and complimentary WiFi. For superior views, we recommend upgrading ...
Regarded as one of the top hotels in Canada by recognised travel organisations and publications, Fairmont Empress sits majestically on Victoria’s sparkling Inner Harbour. The grand chateau-style building offers 464 elegantly appointed rooms and suites with magnificent views of the harbour, city and gardens. Each accommodation is designed with sophistication in mind, combining traditional elegance...
- Explore the vibrant city of Vancouver renowned for its scenic beauty, rich cultural background and endless outdoor activities.
- Discover Victoria's quaint and historic waterfront
- Fall in love with Banff's historic charm and breathtaking natural beauty best viewed from the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain.
- Feast your eyes with Lake Louise's picture perfect beauty of turquoise waters ringed by high mountain peaks.
- Glide over mountains and the gulf islands taking in spectacular scenery on your seaplane transfers from Whistler to Victoria and Vancouver
- Take the Peak 2 Peak Gondola between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains for an exhilarating aerial journey
- Head out on the water from Victoria Harbour in search of Orcas, Mike or Grey Whales, porpoises and harbour seals
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the magnificent 55-acres of Butchart Gardens, a horticultural marvel
- Visit the stunning Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Vancouver Island where you can marvel at the beautiful floral displays
- Watch the scenery change from fertile farmland to dramatic gorges and towering mountains on the iconic "The Canadian" rail journey
- Board the Ice Explorer at the Icefields Parkway where you can alight and walk on top of the Athabasca Glacier
- Enjoy a gentle river raft along the Bow River in Banff, taking in the spectacular scenery and you may be lucky enough to spot bears or moose on the river bank
- Enjoy discovering Vancouver's attractions and why it's on many people's bucket list cities to see with it's stunning scenery, amazing choice worldwide cuisine and relaxed atmosphere
- Explore the natural beauty of Vancouver Island during your fly-drive of this remarkably beautiful island
- Watch grizzly bears in their natural habitat at Knight Inlet Inn
- Enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of Vancouver Island's west coast and the bohemian/surfers seaside town of Tofino
- By zodiac, cruise through breath-taking Desolation Sound, look out for black bears in their natural habitat
- Choose from heading out to sea on a whale watching cruise, or cruise close to the coastline in search of black bears in Tofino
- Explore Butchart Gardens, a 50 acre display of magnificent colour in Victoria
- Spend a leisurely morning strolling through the stunning and fragrant floral displays
- Sail Vancouver Island's west coast in search of gray whales or humpback whales, you may even be lucky enough to spot orcas
- Spend three-nights at Farewell Harbour Lodge on a bear watching adventure
- Take a scenic flight on a floatplane from Victoria to Vancouver, across the Gulf Islands and Vancouver's spectacular skyline
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
5 of the Best Adventure Holiday Ideas for Families with Teens
If your teens get bored of the beach and won't be confined to a sun lounger, you might need some ex...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
The Ultimate Guide to Visiting Atlantic Canada
A visit to the Atlantic provinces of Canada is to uncover a hidden treasure. In a country that ...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details